All DIY Projects

Do It Yourself Mustache And Muah

Do It Yourself, or DIY, wedding projects allow you to create your own personalized favors and touches that can be applied in any way you can imagine on your special day, for a shower, a party or whenever. All you need are some basic items and a little creativity.

We combined two of our favorite wedding trends, the desert table and the mustache and lips craze into an easy Do It Yourself Mustache And Muah wedding project. Everything can easily be done a few days before the event and guests will love your homemade tasty treat. You can download the Free Printable Custom Muah and Mustache Favor Tags in your colors here! See more clever do-it-yourself wedding projects here.

Supplies
1. Candy Melts | 2. Squeeze Bottles | 3. Mustache Mold & Lips Mold | 4. Treat Sticks | 5. Clear Bags

Step 1: Melt chocolate by follow directions on package. Be careful not to overcook.

Step 2: Fill mold up halfway and place stick in mold. Settle chocolate and fill rest of mold with chocolate. Repeat for each mold.

Step 3: Put mold in refrigerator or freezer until hardened.

Step 4: Place in plastic baggy and tie up with some cute thread! Voila!

Thank you to annie’s coffee and treats for coming over and helping us with this fun project!

annie’s coffee and treats

Categories: All DIY Projects, DIY Edible Projects
Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

1. Oh my gosh. I absolutely love this idea! Ahh! Thank you so much for sharing!

2. 0. Elsie J says:

What a pretty blog! and what cute moustaches and lips!!!

3. 0. marie says:

How long do they take to harden in the fridge?

4. 0. weddingchicks says:

Hi Marie, they harden in just about 20 min. (:

5. 0. julia says:

these are so darling!! definitely adding this to the inspo file.

6. 0. Jennifer says:

How many lips/mustaches would you say you can get from 1 bag of chocolate melts? I’m trying to figure out how many bags I would need to buy if I wanted to make around 300 lollipops. This is a super cute idea, btw. We’re having a photobooth at the wedding and these would make great favors!

7. 0. Ebz says:

Hi Jennifer I need to make around 300 also for my wedding and I just don’t know how many bags of melts I need!

8. 0. Louise says:

Where can I find molds like these?
    Kisses!

9. 0. Rachel says:

Does anyone know where i can get the coloured striped string from?

10. 0. glendys says:

are the molds reusable?

11. easy peezy and super cute!

12. 0. lauren says:

..i absolutely love this… has anyone tried this and have tips to share??!! please share if so… thnx!

13. Oh my! Now I just need to find a reason to make these and give them away!! Maybe it would be a nice little thank you for the couples I photograph!?!

14. 0. Nikki says:

Thank you so much for such a sexy kissy idea, will make these for Valentine’s Day.

With Love, Nikki

15. 0. Cherry says:

Where do you buy candy moulds like that?

16. 0. Ashley says:

Also wondering how many candies can be made per bag of candy melts? Also as per the last comment, I found both molds on Wilton.com!

17. 0. ashley says:

soooooooooooo cute! where can i find these molds?

18. 0. Kristine says:

I would, also, LOVE to know many bags of candy melts you would need. Anyone?

I googled it and found the molds in a few places. Here they are on Amazon for only $2.19. http://www.amazon.com/MUSTACHE-LOLLY-Dads-Candy-Chocolate/dp/B000EHNG9Q

19. 0. Mandy says:

Hey ladies! I am doing this for favors for my wedding, and if you go up to the top where the supplies pic is with the numbers…under it they say what supplies you need. The words are also links–just click on each supply word and it will take you to the website to order from. I have ordered everything except for the squeeze bottles and the melts, and have had a great experience with everyone! I too was wondering how much candy melts I will need to make about 300 of these molds…????

20. 0. Linda says:

Great idea and easy to follow tutorial!
    Thanks for sharing.
    I linked up to my blog so my readers can check out your site! Love it!

21. 0. Erin Garcia says:

Hello, I just wanted to share…

I purchased the molds online at amazon.com the moustaches with (4) and large lips with (3)

I purchased the “melts,” goodie bags, lollipop sticks at hobby lobby.

I used raffia ribbon to tie and Avery business size cards (from Wal-Mart) for the tags.

The large lip mold and it took half of a 14 oz bag to make 3

The moustaches took half of a 14 oz bag to make 4

hope this helps!

Once I am finished I will add how many pops I was successfully able to make. I am hoping for about 100!

22. 0. Erin Garcia says:

Also, my wedding is March 2nd and I am making them now. I am going to place them in a plastic container and store them in a cool dry place as I have read on is the right way to do it as storing them in the freezer or fridge can cause discoloration. I just hope they don’t melt.

Also I am making them now, so it gives me enough time to order more chocolates should I not have enough for 100. I have 4 bags of regular chocolate melts and 4 bags of pink vanilla flavored melts. I like the bags from hobby lobby because you can microwave the bag they come in and cut a slit in the bottom corner.

23. 0. Sarah-jane says:

I love this idea but where can you buy the moulds etc from? This is such a sweet way to do your favours – love it !

24. 0. Erin Garcia says:

I purchased the molds from Amazon.com. They are reusable, all you have to do is soak them in warm water to get any left over chocolate off them. Total with all my bags I made 86 treats (more moustaches than lips).

25. 0. Paige says:

I love this idea! My fiance is a fan of mustaches and it looks like an affordable, unique idea for wedding favors.

26. 0. Nicole says:

Just tried to make these this weekend and they were SO easy! I’m not crafty at all and mine turned out exactly like the pictures! I was worried that the chocolate would be difficult to get out of the trays and would crack when I tired to lift them. Nope! Slid out perfectly. For those wondering about how much chocolate to use, the lips definitely take more, but I was able to make about 9 lips with $8 worth of chocolate (from a bulk store).

Thanks for the great idea!

27. 0. Raquel says:

The cutest and most unique wedding favors ever!!! Everything from the sticks to the plastic bags and templates can be found on amazon.com I will be making these with my 10 bridesmaids for my wedding in aug 2012.. I’m so excited!!

28. 0. Cassandra W. says:

Hi Everyone!

This is a great idea! I’m definitely using this for my July wedding! One issue though…is there a way to change the font on the tags??? My fiance’s name is Darrell, but with this font his name looks like Dawell! Not cute! Lol!

29. 0. Gabrielle says:

They have the molds linked in the post if you click on the words and the link they provide is cheaper than amazon.

30. 0. Cassandra W. says:

Just wondering how far in advance I can make these? My wedding is July 13, 2012. Thanks!!

31. 0. Erin Garcia says:

The only thing you would need to worry about is the heat and the chocolate melting. You can make them a couple of days in advance but keep them somewhere cool and dry.

32. 0. Gabrielle says:

Starting making these and need about 100 of each. Wow. Definitely a lot of chocolate and work. Not sure I’m going to get to 100 before the wedding so will have to not use these as favors and maybe think of something else to do with them because they are just too cute.

33. 0. Raquel says:

I just purchased all molds sticks plastic bags etc from amazon.com I have yet to get the bags of chocolate! Any one have any idea of how many each bag makes!?? Thank you!!

34. 0. Cassandra W. says:

Ok so I just finished making 100 of these (50 muahs & 50 mustaches) for my wedding next week. Can you say EASY PEASY!!! I LOVE this idea…I’m so glad I stumbled up on this blog! I bought my molds from the link used above. I bought the candy melts from Michaels (they were buy 2 get 1 free!), I bought Avery business cards from Walmart (for the tags), and everything else I got from Hobby Lobby. Somehow I forgot to buy the squeeze bottles, so I just spooned the melted candy into the molds and that worked just fine. I’d say about 1 bag = 2 trays (2 lips or 2 staches). I had a little rotation going in my fridge and freezer because I didn’t have enough room in my freezer for all 4 trays…so I put the molds in the fridge first for about 10 mins and then transferred them to freezer for about 5-10 mins. After that, they were solid and ready to be bagged! Again…this was a super easy project! I spent a few hrs on Sunday doing this and the only reason it took me that long is because I kept stopping to watch tv! Lol!

35. 0. sherry says:

love the mustaches great

36. 0. Angel says:

I love these sooo much,I was wondering if you could tell me where to buy the molds?

37. 0. keyonna stanford says:

where can i order the lip and mustache mold?

38. 0. Amy says:

Love the idea
    I am planning to do this my my sisters wedding shower
    What should I type on the card
    “Thanks for coming to Jens shower”
    Jens shower. …..???
    I don’t know
    Help!!!!!!!

39. 0. Raquel says:

Hello,

I see some of you have alot of questions in regards to these lips and moustaches.
    I made about 300 for my wedding in aug. it was very time consuming so i suggest you allow yourself plenty of time. Look on amazon for the molds. Get about 4 trays of each to quicken the process. Chocolate hardens within 10 min in a nice cold freezer. The trays are reuseable. I purchased my ribbons and stick and candy melts all from michaels arts & crafts. And honestly i needed a whole lot of bags to make 300 pieces. Id say roughly between 10-20.
    It depends how much chocolate you use on each lips or moustache. Good luck! And i hope this helps

40. 0. jen says:

hi
    I am from the UK and the supplier for the moulds doesnt ship to the UK do you know where i can get the same mould from over here?

41. 0. Rachel says:

Hi,

I love this idea! I’m also from the uk but couldn’t find the molds anywhere over here! I emailed the website thats linked on here and they got some shipped to the uk for me! Received really quickly and they’re fab!
    Hope that help the previous commenter!

42. 0. Peg says:

Where did you get the tags to print your personalized tags?

I’m new at this!

43. 0. nicole says:

is it me or is anyone else having a problem with the mustache tag downloading???? i open it and nothing comes up…HELP!!!

44. Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to
    be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people consider
    worries that they just do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the
    whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal.
    Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

45. 0. ran says:

very nice… i’ll do it myself. thank you for sharing it

46. 0. Lisa Maddock says:

These are fabulous but I would really love to know what size you printed your little tags at?

47. 0. Bekka says:

Brilliant idea…where can I get the moldes from please…? Will be good for my friends hen party next year & also my mrs birthday & our 2 year ann thank you x

48. While there is a wireless standard for the United States, many countries will use additional wireless standards that can cause many
    problems for any US citizen traveling abroad with their US bought phone.

The reputed stores give full payment back if the product is damage.

If they win, he can prove his father wrong; if they
    lose, he hasn’t actually lost anything.

49. Hі there еveryone, іt’smy first go to ѕee at this web page, and piece оf writing is genuinely fruitful іn
    support of mе, keep up posting sucҺ articles oг reviews.

50. helo there and thank you for your information – I’ve certainly pickerd up something new from right
    here. I did howevesr expertise several technical issues using this web
    site, as I experienced to reload thee web site lots of times previous to I
    could get it to load correctly. I had been wondedring if your hosting iss OK?
    Noot that I’m complaining, but slow loading instances
    times will sometimes affect your placemednt in google
    and can damage yur high quality score if advertising and markting with Adwords.
    Well I’m adding this RSS to mmy e-mail and could look out forr a lot more of your respective
    intriguing content. Make sure you update this again soon.

51. Just wish to say your article is as astonishing.
    The clarity in your post is simply nice and i
    could assume you are an expertt on this subject.
    Fine with your permission allow me to gdab your feed to keep up to date
    with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.

1. [...] el blog de The Wedding Chicks nos enseñan a hacerlo y nos muestran links donde conseguir el material que necesitamos para [...]

2. [...] and step-by-step guide to making the actual lollipops. Check out what supplies you need and the full step-by-step guide on their site here, and download the adorable tag design [...]

3. [...] Pops via Wedding Chicks/ Cotton Candy Girls via Once Wed/ Mikshakes via The Brides Cafe / Pink Lemonade via Style Me Pretty [...]

4. [...] The Wedding Chicks have a huge variety of DIY items from invitation suites to edible wedding favors, they offer you downloadable templates or tell you where to get the supplies! [...]

5. [...] Wedding Chicks pela graça [...]

6. [...] table and wedding cake < from Green Wedding Shoes, engagement picture < from Bklyn Bride, lips and mustache favors < via Wedding Chicks, berry cartons and invitation suite < from Once Wed, chalk writing [...]