Do It Yourself, or DIY, wedding projects allow you to create your own personalized favors and touches that can be applied in any way you can imagine on your special day, for a shower, a party or whenever. All you need are some basic items and a little creativity.
This Do It Yourself Wedding Cake Decor is a very simple and fun project that requires few materials. Use a plain white cake as a canvas for decorations such as these hand-crafted blooming rosettes. We baked tiny french cakes and placed our citrus hued paper flowers atop for extra appeal. We added ornaments to the cakes by wrapping each in a bold orange ribbon. Use your own special colors. Great for wedding guests or showers. See more clever do-it-yourself wedding projects here.
2. Card stock (a variety of shades is nice)
3. A Pencil
4. Ribbon (for added decor)
1. Lightly trace a spiral pattern on a 5"x5" piece of card stock.
2. Cut out the spiral along its lines.
3. Simply roll the spiral from the outside until it forms a rosette and pull away the edges to make the rosette "bloom".
4. Cut out leaves for the rosette using green card stock.
Another special thanks to our North Carolina Photographers, Hilton Pittman Photography for this crafty DIY!
If you would like to see more of Hilton Pittman's recently featured do it yourself wedding ideas: