I’m often asked about gifting. It seems to be one of those things we’re afraid to do either do too little, too much, or really understand the tradition, protocol, and relevance in 2019.
- How much do I spend?
- Do I honor tradition or create my own?
Holiday gifts and bridesmaid gifts are no exception. I’m honestly not an expert on protocol and tradition, but I do have a decade worth of experience developing, evolving and honoring gift giving in both in the wedding industry and the larger community. There are two gift-giving seasons approaching: Holiday Gifting and Bridesmaid Proposals... let’s chat about those + enter to win 5 lounge sets below!
I’m totally down with doing exactly feels right to you. I don’t believe there should be a pressure to spend or even gift if the feeling just isn’t there. And if you spent a certain amount last year, I’m not a believer that you have to top it year after year or do the same thing the next year just because you did it prior. I honestly believe if you do what feels right to you, what’s in your heart, you’ll be giving something that is special, you. All that said most of us enjoy gifting and really giving that special reminder and token of affection to someone we care about and love.
1. Make something. When someone gifts me something they created, I am always honored and really flattered. I am especially aware of the time and care that was spent making it and to be the recipient touches me. There are so many beautiful ideas for gifting and crafting out there but one of my favorite inspiration sources are wedding planners who help brides gift there guests for so many things. One of my favorite gifting inspirations currently is Sugokuii Events in Capri. Her Instagram is beautiful, lively and completely fresh.
2. Pajama Set in Romantic Soul. Our Plum Pretty Sugar PJ Set in Romantic Soul is one of my new favorites. It’s a beautiful botanical print on high-quality soft rayon. It’s one of the pajama sets that will quickly become an at-home wardrobe staple. I think it works across ages and it’s consistently well-received. (Also a beautiful bridesmaid pajama set!)
3. Ruffle Shorts and Cami Set in Boheme. This is another one of our new floral prints in an updated pajama style. It’s flirty and fun and has a versatile 2 in 1 element…both pieces can go from sleep to street and can be worn individually. It’s one of those gifts I’m always excited to give. (Pretty bridal party pajamas too!)
Will You Be My Bridesmaid? started a few years back and has become increasingly popular. It’s a beautiful and really kind sentiment and a significant coming of age moment. Unfortunately in recent years, I think it’s become diluted and frankly lost its meaning and its integrity amongst the trinkets of gifting.
I would love to see this beautiful sentiment re-emerge as curated, thoughtful and really polished and honorable. It’s a privilege to have kind women in our lives and to respect them with something as exquisite and as smart as they are, I think, speaks volumes. Investing in a quality product with inspiring origins and elevated simplicity with roots in tradition is what Plum Pretty Sugar is and started as a decade ago. Gifting a beautiful bridesmaid robe as the bridesmaid proposal is refined and an incomparable memento or heirloom to last long past a wedding as a remarkable and beautiful statement of friendship.
2. Flutter Bridesmaid Robe in Siren Song: I love the femininity and versatility of our flutter bridesmaids robes. We created them to be worn as both bridal party robes and peach or pool cover-ups. They’re finely crafted and our exclusive prints and truly meant as a gift to last and last.
2. Midi Bridesmaid Robe in Mermaid Moon : Midi length bridal robes and bridesmaid robes add an elevated, refined element. The length is one of my personal favorites. We construct them on our high-quality rayon so they can be worn indoors or out and washed and worn for many years.
3. Hibiscus Fiddle Bridesmaid Robe: This is a fun multi-purpose bridesmaid robe. I love it gifted as a bridesmaid proposal... it's unique and unexpected but equally pretty.
There’s also a new trend we’re seeing within Bridesmaid Proposals…. Gifting bridesmaid dresses , a gift card really, as the proposal. It’s an interesting way to manage the bridesmaid ask, potential budget and the bridesmaid dresses at once. We saw this recently with the purchase of some of our bridesmaid dresses.
Giveaway time! We’re honored to giveaway five lounge sets to Wedding Chicks readers this Season. We’re grateful for all of you! Click here to enter.
About the author: Charlotte Hale is the founder and CEO of Plum Pretty Sugar. Her company is a leader and innovator in the bridal industry.View All Images