With a crystal clear lake and the beautiful Swiss Alps in the background, this lavender and silver Switzerland wedding takes the cake for one of the most gorgeous wedding venues! And we can't help but say yes to the soft purples and sleek silvers that made up the color scheme. From the simple Lavender bouquet, to the sharp looking grooms attire, to the sparkly chandelier that hung from the arbor...we give this wedding two very big thumbs up!
Interested in seeing more from this amazing wedding abroad? Take your time in the full gallery where you can see all of the fabulous moments captured by The Wedding Day.
Now lets be honest, most of us have been dreaming of our wedding day for years, which means a color scheme has likely already been picked out and awaiting the arrival of prince charming. Even so, here are a few tips on choosing the perfect color scheme for your big day:
1. Check the decor colors at your venue.
2. Choose a season associated with the colors you enjoy the most.
3. Match your colors to any cultural tradition you might have for your wedding. (example: traditional Indian weddings have lots of vibrant colors mixed with golds)
When choosing colors, it is good to keep in mind a limit of how many to use, but rules are always meant to be broken right?! Typically you want a maximum of three colors: A dominate color, a supporting color and an accent color. Here a a few ways to select coordinating colors:
1. Complementary Colors, these are colors opposite each other on the color wheel. (example: blue and orange, or red and green)
2. Analogous Colors, these colors lie next to each other. (example: green, lime green, blue-green)
3. Monochromatic Colors, these colors are a variation of the same color. (example: bright red, dark red, etc.)
On the most beautifully clear day in Switzerland, a groom, with a smile a mile wide, excitedly waits for his bride to appear on the arm of her father. These moments, captured in these gorgeous photographs by The Wedding Day, will last for eternity and are guaranteed to bring out tears of joy and a smile when looked back on them. With plenty of wedding and classic photography experience as well as bookings all over Switzerland The Wedding Day has you and your events best interests in mind when capturing your big day.
Steal Worthy Idea:
Vintage light bulbs with lace woven around them and battery mini lights put inside for outside lighting.