The age old wedding tradition of a first dance may seem simple enough, but creating an experience that you and your guests won't soon forget takes a little more planning and inspiration to make it happen. Luckily, that’s where we come in.
We’ve recently discovered a talented musician from the UK named Tom Walker. His latest single, “Just You and I” is topping our first dance playlist, and has inspired us to come up with a few ideas on how to make your first dance a magical, unforgettable experience! Keep scrolling to see all our tips below and to hear Tom Walker's hot new single!
1. Adding strung twinkle lights above the dance floor is an easy way to create a romantic atmosphere.
photo: Amanda Donaho Photography
set the mood with candlelight
2. Soft candlelight around the dance floor will certainly take the romance up a notch. Just make sure the candles are at a safe distance.
photo: Maya Myers Photography
dance on cloud 9
3. Dance on cloud 9 with a fog machine! With the right lighting this is pure magic, plus all your photos will be breathtaking!
photo: Duke Photography
crazy in love with Sparklers
4. Surround your dance floor with sparklers for a dramatic entrance or finale. You can also have your bridal party (and/or family) hold sparklers around the dance floor.
photo: Phosart Photography
Greenery and chandeliers
5. We're loving the natural ambiance of this dramatic greenery installation. How many chandeliers do you see? (Comment below!)
photo: Sean Gallery
LOVE Marquee sign
6. Show some LOVE with a large marquee sign as a backdrop.
photo: Chelsea Nicole Photography
Tom Walker's "Just You and I"
7. Last but not least, you'll need the perfect song to set the mood and we've got you covered! Check out Tom Walkers hit new single, "Just You and I" and tell us what you think in the comments below.
We Like his style! show Tom Walker some love on Instagram