Rustic Country Wedding

Kimberly Carlson Photography

While Cory and Danielle always knew they wanted a country style wedding, and despite wanting to make sure their special day was fun for both themselves and their guests, they weren’t very keen on spending thousands of dollars on one single day of their lives. Thankfully, this happy couple was surrounded by friends and family who graciously offered to help make their dream wedding a reality!

With the Mother of the Bride filling the role of Event Designer, Cory and Danielle hired the talented Lanfranco & Co to coordinate all of the details. Be sure to read on to hear more from Danielle about their special day, especially how they kept on budget. Check out the full gallery here to see all of the amazing details in this rustic country wedding, all magnificently captured by Kimberly Carlson Photography.

bridal jewelry by Jane's Jewelers

cowboy boots from Boot Barn

brooch attached to bridal bouquet

daisy bridal bouquet by Lanfranco & Co

country bridesmaid looks

red and white bridesmaid bouquet by by Lanfranco & Co

semi-casual groomsmen

From the Bride:
My mother should have been an event planner — this woman spent 9 months of hard core wedding planning and making projects and crafts for our wedding. Once we came up with a budget and then said we were going to have 300+ people at our wedding, everyone laughed at us, but we knew it was do-able! We could not or would not have had our dream wedding without everyone who helped put our wedding together.

ceremony and reception in same area

quilt guest book

ceremony/reception combination

country ceremony decor ideas

western wedding sign

rustic wedding ceremony

outdoor wedding ceremony

Kimberly Carlson Photography

It was hands-down the best day of our lives and we wouldn’t have wanted anything different. From homemade food to a handmade wedding dress, I must say we were blown away by how everything turned out perfectly. Every single detail was made or put together with love, and that made it so much more special. We all had the best time dancing and there were so many laughs. The best advice that I can provide any bride is to use connections around you, be thankful for the help you get and be patient.

country wedding decoration ideas

jam wedding favors

jam wedding favors

rustic gift table ideas

rustic table decoration ideas

wildflower table decoration

rustic table decor ideas

vintage lantern used as table decoration

rustic lace table decoration ideas

wedding drink station

rustic wedding cake

rustic wedding cake ideas

The only thing I wish I would have done a little differently was not rushed our pictures. We had an amazing photographer and so many photo ops, but I was more worried about my guests and their time at our wedding over our time taking pictures. The best thing I did at our wedding was hire a photographer (Kimberly Carlson Photography) and a videographer (Cameron Fries) — it’s worth every penny and every bride should have one. So much goes on on your wedding day that the bride and groom miss. Watching it all and seeing the photos makes you re-live that special day!

rustic thank you sign

Get a closer look at this rustic country wedding by watching the wedding video from Cameron Fries below.

View Entire Gallery

Photographer: Kimberly Carlson Photography
Caterer: Me & Mom's BBQ
Cinematography: Cameron Fries
Invitations: Zazzle
Coordinator & Flowers: Lanfranco & Co
Groom's Attire: Macy's
Jewelry: Jane's Jewelers
Shoe Designer: Boot Barn
Prop or Furniture Rentals: Walker-Lewis Rents
Event Designer & Veil or Hair Accessories: Mother of the Bride | Makeup: Sarah Enriquez & Jessica Valdez | Hair: Brittany Zapf | Cake: Leslie Veenendaal | DJ: Erin & Corbin Gunstream | Officiant: Timothy James Meaney | Venue: Sanchez Barn | Dress Designer: Georgia Sheehan

Read on to see how the bride kept this rustic country on budget.

Regarding the budget, we said we didn't want to spend more than $15k and we didn't! The hardest part was going to my dad and my mom (since they are divorced) and asking them what they were willing to do to help. So, what we did was present them with a A, B and C list with our choices. We said "List A is our dream wedding, this is ultimately what we want, but we know financially it may not be realistic. This is our B option, our wedding would still be amazing, but we know we could cut corners in these specific areas." Then had them determine what they could/wanted to help with financially. This helped give them an understanding of what we wanted, what they knew they were going to face and deal with and potentially spend, etc. So we broke it down and split it up. We created an excel spreadsheet and categorized the columns:

• Plan A column — We listed anything and everything we knew that would cost money ... from the venue, to tipping people, to bridesmaid gifts, to flowers, to our shoes, etc.
• A column indicating who was paying for what (my mom, dad, grandmother, who was offering their service, etc.)
• Expense column— with the amount it would cost us (whether it was free or full cost)
• Deposit column — it was easy to lose track of what was already prepaid or deposited
• Question/comment column — For example: Under the venue row, since it was outdoors we wrote "Do we need a generator, what is the lighting like, will we need heaters, are there enough bathrooms, etc."

I uploaded this into a Dropbox account and shared it with my family so we could go in and keep track of everything and update it. This was SO helpful. And it adds up, fast! We cut corners in every way, but it's important to tip the people who are offering their services at a cheap price or even as a gift. Planning a wedding is a lot of work, and even more work on the vendors. I also used The Knot book for a guideline, it was very easy to let time pass us by. We had 9 months of an engagement and the day after my engagement we started on our guest list — which was the hardest and most difficult process of the entire thing (also the most changes), however, during the "in between" months we laid low thinking we got a lot done in the beginning, then all of a sudden it's 1 month before the wedding and there was so much to be done. I couldn't have done it without my family and our wedding planner. Even though it's pricey, it's worth having one — it's too much stress!

Comments

1. 0. Stephanie Large says:

Love this! The jam favors are amazing! Such a good idea. I love the easy looking floral, but it all works so well. Beautiful <3 Some amazing ideas & inspiration in here.
    Steph @ Wedding Dreams

2. What a beautiful rustic country wedding! Loving all the details! And the wedding dress + cowgirl boots = awesome! Love the farm setting :D :D :D Very very original, and the red and plaid accents are spot on. Would have loved to see more of the wedding stationery, or even the invitations, cos I loved what I saw! Congrats! Also, kudos on some great budgeting.. Love the idea oft he A, B, C plan! Figuring out what you can and can’t do, and being open, understanding and realistic is the way to go. Kudos on sticking to under 15k!

3. Thanks for your sharing!Your wedding idea is so special!

4. 0. @TimDuncanEvents says:

Such a sweet #rusticwedding! http://t.co/K3EKncVp5i #realwedding

5. 0. @LinenLoft says:

Such a sweet #rusticwedding! http://t.co/nhIDxGXPQB #realwedding

6. 0. @kimberly_c says:

Rustic Country Wedding http://t.co/wbum7oYwbH via @po_st

7. 0. @weddingchicks says:

8. 0. Kimberly Carlson says:

I’m am beyond thrilled that you’ve featured my clients!! Thank you Wedding Chicks!! Love you! ~ Kimberly

9. 0. Amanda Hill says:

Wonderful pictures! I love the shots against the trailer and the group shots. The quilt signing guest book idea is brilliant!

10. 0. @professr says:

Proud of my wife @kimberly_c, her work is featured at the @weddingchicks site! – Rustic Country Wedding http://t.co/JhttdQffZy via @po_st

11. 0. Paul Carlson says:

Love it all!

12. 0. @professr says:

“@weddingchicks: We’ve got a country wedding chalk full of rustic fabulousness! @cameronfries @kimberly_c http://t.co/8NpS8dWZ7e”

13. 0. Toni says:

I can tell you right now.. Cameron Fries and Kimberly Carlson Photography are two of the most amazing people to work with when it comes to weddings! Not only are they incredibly talented at what they do, but they are also wonderful people. If you are looking for a photographer or cinematographer in the central valley, call them up! They did a great job capturing this unique wedding! And what wonderful ideas this wedding has given me! Great job to everyone!

14. 0. Michelle G says:

I loved how you laid out their wedding story. Thank you for not only sharing their budget plan/system, but listing who was responsible for what. It was perfect…. And those pictures! As usual, Kimberly Carlson did an Amazing job :) – I love her work. Kuddos to her on capturing all the little details that were obviously important to the families involved. People photos are, no doubt, important, but the other things are so often overlooked. Nice job Kimberly :)

15. 0. @bootbarn says:

RT @weddingchicks: We’ve got a country wedding chalk full of rustic fabulousness! @cameronfries @MeMomsBBQ @Macys @bootbarn http://t.co/Af9kQF093A

16. 0. Michelle G says:

Just watched their wedding video… Nice job Cameron Fries!!

17. What a cute and adorable wedding! Love this couple’s creativity – great job guys!!! ;) xx

18. 0. Boot Barn says:

We love the photos – especially the boots! Would you mind telling us which boots the bride and bridesmaids are wearing? (It’s hard to tell from the photo although they do look like Ariats). And, would you mind if we posted a photo of everyone in their boots on our social media sites?

Thanks for sharing!
    Boot Barn

19. 0. Invitesweddings says:

What a beautiful wedding dress, the colors are so romantic and your photography is romantic.

20. 0. Emily says:

Where did she find this dress..absolutely breath taking wedding!

21. Hi Dear, are you truly visiting this site daily, if so afterward you will absolutely obtain nice experience.

22. 0. jennifer smith says:

I love the bridesmaid dresses and was looking for something similar, but I am having no luck! Where did she find these?!?!

23. 0. Elizabeth Williams says:

Hi, im trying to plan my wedding and i was really struggling to find the right color dress that goes perfect with all my girls boots. I was looking at your pictures and i love the color of your bridesmaids dresses. What is the color of them? its kinda hard to tell in the picture..

24. 0. www.yelp.com says:

If a client is unsatisfied with the quality of my performance, product or service, what are the ramifications.
    Make sure the guarantee is in writing and that it includes a guarantee against
    leaks, defective materials, and defective workmanship.
    All living accommodations for US Government Contractors will generally be air
    conditioned and have some kind of heater.

25. If you are not familiar with hiring home renovation contractors,
    the following guide will help you remove uncertainty
    from your mind and take an informed decision on the best professional to carry
    out your home decoration project. Sometimes, you can get one with huge modern
    ideas but with many practical faults in the construction,
    and sometimes you shall find a wonderful builder with
    minimum odds of defects but with no awareness of the up-to-date drifts for kitchen remodeling.
    Customers trust a contractor because of the quality,
    which has been created by excellent track record of the previous days and the earlier achievements of the
    contractor.

26. 0. Dani says:

The bridesmaid dresses were $50! Look on mod cloth or lace affair website! Very simple dresses! All the boots were mix and matched!

27. 0. Sherry says:

I love everything about how you had your wedding!! It is almost exactly how I would like mine to be. Can you please tell me where you found your dress? I absolutely love it and have been on-line looking for a similar one with no luck.

Thanks

28. Hello terrific website! Does running a blog such as this take a large
    amount of work? I’ve very little expertise in coding
    however I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future.
    Anyhow, if you have any ideas or techniques for new blog owners please share.
    I know this is off topic nevertheless I simply had to
    ask. Thanks a lot!

1. [...] post Rustic Country Wedding appeared first on The Wedding Chicks. The content in this post is for personal use only and may not [...]