PPS-FW14-SIG-550X430A

Rustic Mexican Fiesta Wedding

Who doesn’t love chips, salsa and margaritas? Well … we certainly do! So, it’s no surprise that we are super excited to feature Randy and Naomi’s rustic Mexican fiesta wedding. Complete with a mariachi band, signature margarita cocktail and tasty Mexican food food served at the reception.

All held at a private berry ranch in Watsonville, California and perfectly captured by Kristen Wood. As always, there are a ton more photos to see in the full gallery here, and Naomi goes into more detail about their special day, so be sure to read more.

From The Bride:
Our first look was really special. I got to see Randy from afar while he was getting ready for me to appear, and the first sight of him made me so excited. I felt like a little kid and I couldn’t wait to go see him. At the moment of our first look, there were a lot of things going on in the background with people setting up and people arriving, but I’ll never forget how we locked eyes and the depth of our gaze spoke more love than we had words for. We couldn’t stop smiling.

Advice for couples planning:
At times the process is every bit as stressful and overwhelming as people say it is, but it’s all worth it. Decide on what’s important for each of you. For us, it was good photography and ensuring that our guests have fun. If you set the stage for a good party, the pieces will fall into place.

Hire a wedding coordinator. During the planning phase and on the day of the wedding, she was incredibly helpful. We had a few hiccups the day of our wedding and the wedding coordinator was invaluable. She was amazing.
Last piece of advice: Don’t lose each other on your wedding day. You get so caught up in seeing your guests that you easily get separated. So do your best to stay by each other.

My mother and her friends are incredibly talented and did most of the décor. She did all my floral, handmade wooden signs and table numbers from old fence panels and acrylic paint, collected antique milk glass for the centerpieces, used personal furniture for all the specialty tables, and incorporated her own lace linens and doilies throughout the venue.

A friend of mine bought me authentic sombreros, which sat at our sweetheart table. All in all the day was fabulous. I truly didn’t want it to end, and if I could, I would relive my wedding day over and over again! I’d describe our wedding as Rustic Mexican Chic. The blend of lace and antique details with a bit of Mexican flare made the wedding feel conventional yet original.

My aunt is a fabulous baker and us a small confetti cake (her own recipe) topped with a white peony and green hydrangeas made of gum paste.

View Entire Gallery

Photographer: Kristen Wood
Makeup: Brieana Kraft
Coordinator: Denise Addesso
DJ: Santa Cruz Live Music & DJ
Flowers: Wendy Lea Flowers
Groom’s Attire: JC Penny
Jewelry: Kendra Scott Design

Read More from the bride

(more…)

Comments

1. 0. @weddingchicks says:

More Mexican fiesta Wedding inspiration today! How much fun are we having? @kristen_wood @kendra_scott @ja_bridal http://t.co/nRkfVOlr

2. 0. patricio says:

mexican?? because of the two sombreros and a cantina board?? pfff,,

3. 0. David says:

Beautiful wedding and photos!

4. 0. @savannahsmiled says:

I found your wedding today, @lupitafosho. It is green. It is Mexican. It is perfect! http://t.co/WEhaHucK

5. 0. Cheri says:

Pretty. What is the menu? I would like to know what keeps well in warming dishes.

6. 0. Kristen Wood says:

Thank you, Wedding Chicks, for featuring Randy and Naomi’s wedding!

7. 0. @kristen_wood says:

Randy and Naomi’s wedding featured on @weddingchicks http://t.co/8YFIlVL6

8. 0. Maggie Adams says:

Stunning pictures! Coincidently, Kristen Wood, photographed our daughter when she was first born. I can’t say enough about her attention to detail and quality.

9. 0. Spicoli says:

What a beautiful wedding…and the wonderful photos to prove it! I love some of the close ups of the décor and some of the great candid shots of family and friends. Nice work!

10. 0. Ron Knibbs says:

The Wedding was beautiful. I saw great happiness and fun in each photo.
    The attention to detail including the photos of the wedding party, the cake, the neat signs, and the beautiful sombreros, made the wedding magical.
    I loved the way each detail was captured in the pictures, organized beautifully,
    and how the commentary helped you enjoy the moments even more.
    Magnificent !

11. 0. Yvonne says:

What a gorgeous wedding! Pictures are amazing…

12. 0. Rebecca says:

Beautiful photos! They captured the emotions of the couple perfectly.

13. 0. sally says:

This bride is most charming in her unabashed joy. The photographer, Kristen Wood, did a magnificent job of capturing that joy.

14. 0. Wendy Sakoda says:

What a Joy to view your Wedding in this Blog! Thank You Wedding Chicks!
    Kristen you did capture the Sweetness and Joy of my Daughters Wedding, Thank you! It brought back all the wonderful memories of a most precious day.

15. Gorgeous outdoor wedding… love the colours. xoxo

16. What a beautiful wedding. LOVE the charms on the bouquet and the sombreros!

17. 0. @kendra_scott says:

LOVE this! RT @weddingchicks: More Mexican fiesta Wedding inspiration today! How much fun are we having? @kendra_scott http://t.co/aPf1r6nW

18. 0. Vicky Lopez Young says:

Kristen is an amazing photographer! I love all of her pictures and I’m so happy for all of her success!!

19. 0. Libby Teel says:

Congratulations to the lovely bride and groom and to Kristin for making them look even more wonderful. She has created beautiful memories for the start of their lives together. Good work!

20. 0. Caty Welch says:

What a great wedding captured beautifully by a talented photographer!

21. 0. Erin says:

Beautiful wedding. Kristen captures these memories so well with her stunning photography

22. 0. @LinenLoft says:

Such a glamorous Mexican fiesta #realwedding! http://t.co/GWBLiDrk

23. 0. mike knibbs says:

WOW-

What amazing photos, great work, bravo, bravo.,…

24. 0. Irene says:

Wonderful use of light,beautiful composition,highlighting textures and colors,great attention to detail! Very creative and original,Bravo Kristen!

25. 0. @MagnetStreetWed says:

Rustic Mexican Fiesta Wedding {fabulous!} http://t.co/4blkfQRr h/t @Weddingchicks

26. 0. Alli says:

Hi,
    Where did you get the table numbers? I am interested in having the same type of Table numbers on rustic wood.
    Thanks
    Allison

27. 0. Joe King says:

Amazing job Kristen. You have such a great eye. You clearly have a great ability to capture magical moments. Thanks again for taking the photos of us with Maggie after she was born.

28. 0. Tracy Zankich says:

Hi! I love the decorations in this wedding. I am wondering where the table numbers were purchased. I would love something like this for my wedding in June.

Tracy

29. 0. Wendy Sakoda says:

Dear Tracy,
    Thank you for the compliments on the table numbers. I made these table numbers as well as all the other signage. I rent them out with the stands or I can custom make any sign if you prefer to keep. Located in the bay area/central coast. Please email me and we can talk.
    Thank you and Congratulations on your up coming Wedding!
    Wendy

30. Greetings from Florida! I’m bored at work so I decided to browse your site on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the knowledge you present here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, superb blog!

31. Greetings from Idaho! I’m bored to tears at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch break. I love the info you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I
    get home. I’m shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G
    .. Anyhow, good blog!

32. 0. idm crack says:

Restore all the settings that can be stored on your phone.

Add into the issues that the majority of AEC work is performed remotely outside the
    office, and you have a huge challenge. This
    free tool finds out who is linking to your site and gives a useful benchmarking report to quickly
    show where you stand in comparison to competitors and other major online
    players.

33. 0. Super Once says:

Hello, this weekend is pleasant designed for me, for the reason that this time
    i am reading this great educational post here at my residence.

34. This is just the beginning when you want to start it.
    on the other word, when your friend make use of the same
    app, share it to you, and you share it too then you can certainly have a wide range wifi
    hot spot in your neighborhood. I dont need to share with you
    how embarrassing it may be having an intruder spread
    malicious info on you via your Facebook Password Finder account.

35. 0. Notbooks says:

My partner and I stumbled over here different web page and thought I might check things out.
    I like what I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to going over your web page for a second time.

36. I do have confidence in all the thoughts you could have presented to your write-up. They are genuinely convincing which enable it to surely do the job. On the other hand, the threads are so quick instructor can. Might just you want prolong them a little bit through pursuing moment? We appreciate you the posting.

37. Want to learn about the leading bodyweight training program.

The 10 DVD’s cover every part of your body, from you arms, to legs, to core. I can answer both of those questions with one sentence.

38. For instance, the main characters are both trying very hard to
    get into an Ivy League school, and almost fail to do so, but they both succeed in the end.
    If you’re going retail with your small town business idea, be
    very careful to follow what the town already demands.
    These companies have always taken advantage of them through exploiting them on their finances.

1. [...] post Rustic Mexican Fiesta Wedding appeared first on The Wedding [...]

2. [...] Rustic Mexican Fiesta Wedding TweetComments comments [...]

3. [...] you Wedding Chicks for featuring Randy and Naomi’s lovely Santa Cruz wedding on your [...]

4. [...] you Wedding Chicks for featuring Randy and Naomi’s Santa Cruz [...]

5. [...] from left to right, top to bottom: southernliving, weddingchicks, ruffledblog, oncewed, oncewed, josevillablog, weddingchicks, [...]

6. [...] you Wedding Chicks for featuring Randy and Naomi’s Santa Cruz [...]

7. [...] half up hairstyle; white books Row 2: White bridesmaids dresses {Jemma Keech Photography}; table number {Kristen Wood/Denise Addesso}; iced biscuits {Kiss Me Kate/Studio 76 Artist Group}; white shoes [...]

8. […] Kristen Wood on Wedding Chicks/Courtesy of […]