Since your engagement you have probably keyed in to the fact that you will need a few wedding invitation items. This list includes everything from your save-the-dates to place cards all the way to thank-yous. Our friends over at Minted are dedicated to ensuring that all your paper needs are met perfectly and each of these key pieces will reflect what you are looking for on your wedding day.
Before you start perusing all Minted had to offer, we’ve got a few quick tips to sure your wedding invitation etiquette is perfectly polished.
save the date etiquette tips
Your save-the-dates are the first style statement of your wedding day, so you want to make sure you knock it out of the park. Of course, Minted has an array of styles to select from and one of our favorites is the NEW hand pressed foil design in gold, rose gold and silver with die cut shapes. Shop all of their save-the-dates here. Read on for some quick save the date etiquette tips.
1. Set the tone of your event with your save-the-dates. Whether it be informal, classic, destination or garden wedding. Quick Tip! Be sure to include “formal invitation to follow” at the bottom of your save-the-date. This will clear up any confusion, and avoid unnecessary inquiries.
2. Who’s on your wedding guest list? Have a final count before you send out your save-the-dates. Assume everyone who receives one will be attending.
3. Timing is key! Prepare to send out your save-the-dates 6-12 months before your wedding date. Allowing everyone to properly plan for your event. Everyone will appreciate the advance notice to ask for time off from work and get the best travel deals.
4. Share as much information as possible about your invite. Including the city, state and your wedding website url.
5. Make it clear who is invited. Address the envelope to whom is invited. The Smith Family (the entire family is welcome) Your best friend and your boyfriend (Jules Kender and Micheal Bronen), Alyssa + one and so on.
bridal shower etiquette tips
Bridal shower invitations are the one set of invitations that we do not feel has to match your wedding theme. Typically thrown by a close friend or family member – from garden tea parties to champagne brunches – the themes are endless and Minted has some super cute options. Shop Bridal shower invitations here. Read on for some quick bridal shower date etiquette tips.
1. Guests attending the bridal shower must be on the wedding guest list as well.
3. Include where the bride and groom and registered on the invite.
2. Invite the groom! The tradition of inviting the groom to show up right before gift opening is a fantastic idea.
wedding invitation etiquette tips
Naturally, your wedding invitation style will reflect the style of your day and Minted can ensure everything is on-point. With FREE calligraphy inspired envelope printing to save you time, and their consistent and reliable top-quality production team. It’s safe to say all Minted will meet all of you your wedding paper needs. You can shop all of their wedding invitations here. Read on for some quick wedding invitation etiquette tips.
1. Send out your invitations 6-8 weeks before your wedding. If you are planning a destination wedding plan on around 3-4 months before hand. Set you R.S.V.P card date for around 2 weeks before the actual wedding. If you do not hear from someone, feel free to ring them up.
2. Gifts are optional! Your registry information should be on your wedding website that was sent out with your save-the-date card. Putting it on the invite is seen as a faux pas.
3. What’s the dress code? Your invite style will set the tone, but if you want to be clear, list it at the bottom of the invite. Another option is to share all this info on your wedding website.
4. Addressing the envelope correctly. As with the save the date, be sure to address who exactly is invited to the wedding. It is acceptable to just invite a single guest. Not everyone requires a plus one.
wedding escort card etiquette tips
Minted has a dedicated “Perfection Team” to help create your design vision, from start to finish. Including all your wedding day essentials. From your wedding programs, escort cards table numbers to your final thank-yous. They even go the extra mile to print your guests names for FREE on your escort cards. Shop all your wedding day essentials here Bonus! You can receive 15% off wedding day of essentials including programs, menus, place cards & table numbers– use code: SPRINGFOIL. Read on for some quick wedding escort card etiquette tips.
1. Display the cards near the entrance to your reception in alphabetical order by last name.
2. One escort card per a couple is definitely acceptable – Mr. and Mrs. Supuala. If the couple is not married, they would receive separate cards with Sam Rios and Sarah Wiley. If someone has a plus one it would simply be Katie Pentland plus guest. If you have invited the entire family it would simply be The Jones Family.
Wedding paper goods: Minted
Engagement photo: Yes Dear Studio
Bridal shower sign PC: Inkspot Photography Full Feature:Ruffled
Bride on beach: PC: Feather and Stone
Gold wedding reception PC: SMS Photography Full Feature: SMPPink and gold wedding cake: The Pastry Studio