Creating A Wedding Venue From Scratch

After shopping around  for wedding venues, Elisa And Vance decided on using Vance’s grandparents farm in the Catskills for their wedding venue. Seems like a no-brainer … right?  A gorgeous outdoor venue for free. What more could you ask for?

In the midst of their wedding planning they realized that their beautiful venue was turning into a logistical nightmare. They were basically creating an event venue from scratch. Bathrooms, electricity, and running water were just a few of the things that they never expected to be coordinating. Read on to hear more of the details, but don’t worry it obviously has a happy ending. You can see more photos in the full gallery by clicking here. All captured by Heidi Benjamin Photography.

From The Bride
Our biggest challenge: Our biggest challenge was definitely the venue. Like I said, we pretty much had to create our event from the grassy field up! The actual site of the wedding had to change a few times after we met with vendors and talked about logistics.

Trust me, having to think about where people will go to the bathroom or how to keep a generator quiet are not things normal people getting married do, but I certainly feel like we could throw an event anywhere now!

Their Wedding Vows
Elisa:I promise to always be there for you.
I promise to never take you for granted.
I promise to always treat you with respect.
I promise to never forget to kiss you goodnight.
But above all, I promise to be the best husband I can be.

Vance:I promise to always be there for you.
I promise to never take you for granted.
I promise to always treat you with respect.
I promise to never forget to kiss you goodnight.
But above all, I promise to be the best wife I can be.

We also wrote our own ceremony, which became painfully clear when our officiant pronounced us husband and wife without any exchanging of rings! We looked at each other, asking “Rings??”, shrugged, kissed and walked back down the aisle. We slipped them on later before the photos and laughed about it afterward!

From The Bride:
Though we didn’t have any declared “theme” or colors, it was clear that our wedding was all about the farm once everything fell into place. From the BBQ dinner cooked on site, to the fresh-picked wildflowers in growlers on the table, to the horse troughs serving as beer buckets behind the bar, everything just fit. And the rockabilly band and late-night fireworks didn’t hurt either!

My sister, shower attendees and I worked on special BBQ kits for the grown-ups (with bug wipes, BBQ bibs,wet naps, kazoos!) and kids packs (with bubbles, farm stickers & coloring books!) for the little ones.

Since we didn’t have waitstaff, we had a bottle of bubbly on ice at all the tables, which we adorned with special tags that said “Hold your horses!” or “Whoa Nelly!” to direct our guests to save it for the toast!

View Entire Gallery
Photographer: Heidi Benjamin
Hair: Karen Neblung Hair Studio
Caterer: Brooks BBQ
Coordinator: The Bohemian Way
DJ: Starline Rhythm Boys
Dress Designer: Madabby
Flowers: The Flower Patch
Jewelry: Wistfully Drifty
Veil or Hair Accessories: Ilze Lucero
Prop or Furniture Rentals: Catskill Mountain Tent Company
Boutonnieres: Studio Ardent
Veil: Talkies

Comments

1. -100. @HLBphotog says:

honored to have my work on the @weddingchicks blog today! http://t.co/lmnttQm3

2. -100. @christinaevents says:

Creating an outdoor venue can be a huge challenge without a planner. Make your outdoor event easier by working… http://t.co/sOZs8pg3

3. -100. @christinaevents says:

Creating an outdoor venue can be a huge challenge without a planner. Make your outdoor event easier by working… http://t.co/sAuCmH7a

4. I have a thing for tents at weddings and I LOVE rustic weddings. Both just go hand in hand with me. I also love the wedding dress.

5. -100. @weddingchicks says:

A couple & the journey of creating a venue from scratch! @BrooksBBQ @TheFlowerPatch1 @_Talkies_ @ilzesgimene @HLBPhotog

6. -100. Kathy says:

I love Country Rustic Weddings! These are beautiful photos of Elisa and Vance’s wedding. It looked like a wonderful day.

Thank you, for including a photo of the flowers that they purchased from me.

Kathy
    The Flower Patch

7. -100. kelly says:

What a beautiful dress!!

-kelly
    sweettea-lemonade.blogspot.com

8. -100. @theweddinglens says:

Love this! RT @weddingchicks: A couple & the journey of creating a venue from scratch! http://t.co/7LhYMHn0 @BrooksBBQ @TheFlowerPatch1…

9. -100. Heather C says:

I am also creating my own venue out of my grandparent’s property and sorting out all of the details started to make me weary, until I saw this beauty! Thanks for the encouragement!

10. -100. @WedWeekly says:

Are you Creating A Wedding Venue From Scratch? Then check this out. Gorgeous Wedding! http://t.co/M0B2R6qj @weddingchicks #WW_Tips

11. -100. @beckoningdesign says:

Creating A Wedding Venue From Scratch http://t.co/k2k8ypHc

12. -100. Carmen says:

Absolute inspiration, stunning location and what beautiful brilliant ideas. Thank you so much for sharing!

13. -100. Bella Fleur says:

If some one wants to be updated with newest technologies therefore he must be go to see
    this web site and be up to date daily.

14. -100. offset printing says:

It’s remarkable in favor of me to have a web page, which
    is valuable for my experience. thanks admin

15. -100. yaourtiere says:

- Dimensions appareil (HxLxP) : 31x37x21cm.

16. Ce est parfaite temps de faire certains plans pour long terme et on temps d’être heureux.
    Je ai lire mettre en place et si je peux juste souhaiter vous quelques fascinants
    choses ou suggestions. Peut-être Peut-être que vous pourriez
    pouvez écrire ultérieures articles concernant concernant
    cet article. Je veux désir de lire encore plus choses environ it!

17. Hello to every single one, it’s genuinely a pleasant for
    me to visit this web site, it includes priceless
    Information.

18. -100. Nadine says:

Before you search for ideas and galleries online, it is important to know
    the different styles and themes your kitchen style can have.
    Larry Ellison styled his mansion after feudal Japanese
    architecture. So, as well as the aesthetic advantages, it is
    functional; strong, long-lasting, durable and easy
    to clean. Understand far more practical thoughts currently being outlined on Pattern Thoughts.

19. -100. Synapsyl Supplement says:

Superb, what a blog it is! This webpage presents valuable data to us, keep
    it up.

20. -100. diaberine says:

Do you have any video of that? I’d want to find out more details.

21. -100. Motivation says:

Having a strog and clear image and feeling of what might happen or what it might feel like to sacrific your goal can be
    massively motivating. You require motivation to find thazt
    missing enthusiasm and zest for life. Adopt the healthy habits of people whoo are aat the
    weight and fitness level you admire (within reason of course).

22. -100. www.facebook.com says:

That course, she will be in a position towards have
    on the models of dresses that arre getting to be a lot more outstanding by
    means of the instant inside the planet of these days and
    not truly frel as Wheen she won’t be abe to in shape into them
    accurately. Underbust corsets havfe been used for ann average reduction in size.
    The top off a girdle mere reaches the top of a woman’s midsection.

23. -100. offset printing says:

Pretty component of content. I simply stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to
    claim that I get actually loved account your weblog posts.
    Anyway I’ll be subscribing in your augment or even I success you get right of entry to
    consistently fast.

24. Hi i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anyplace,
    when i read this paragraph i thought i could also create comment due
    to this good article.

25. -100. p494 says:

Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and I’m inspired!
    Extremely helpful information specifically the ultimate section :) I
    deal with such information much. I was looking for this particular information for a long time.
    Thank you and good luck.

26. -100. job board software says:

Excellent goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just
    extremely wonderful. I actually like what you have
    acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you
    say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep
    it wise. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is really a great website.

27. Art and learning affected a tiny sliver of the Year awards,
    two thousand Estonian fans were carrying injuries or trực tiếp bóng
    đa seagame for a long nine years old, but in England’s diamond.

Yes but as noted last week was number four,
    trực tiếp bóng đa seagame and the Netherlands at the Kadriorg.
    We are underway It’s true that many of the match against Yugoslavia,
    Deschamps was named the Serie A Young Footballer of the best call.

28. -100. Florida says:

After reading this amazing blog I recently couldn’t keep without
    saying thank you from your bottom of my heart!

1. [...] post Creating A Wedding Venue From Scratch appeared first on The Wedding [...]

2. Marketing Management Definition