Great Gatsby Bridal Ideas

Erin Brooks, the creator behind Serephine, loves the 1920s for many reasons. It was a time when women tossed their corsets, hiked up their hemlines, chopped off their long locks, and wore noticeable makeup and fabulous headpieces. Their style was gorgeous and daring. It is timeless, revisited often in fashion.

The ’20s women also won the right to vote, supported themselves, and were a force to be reckoned with. What’s not to love? For that very reason she has added the gorgeous new “Gatsby Collection” to her wedding accessory collection, which was captured so beautifully by Kali Lu Photo. You can see the entire collection in the full gallery here.

From Kali Lu Photo
Something extra special about this shoot, aside from being photographed at the historic Stimson-Green Mansion in Seattle, WA, is that it was entirely shot with film! Kali Leenstra of Kali Lu Photo used a Contax 645 medium format film camera with an 80mm Planer Zeiss lens. She has this to say about why she uses film:

“Why Film? The first reason I fell in love with film is because of the way it makes you shoot. When I shot digital I felt like a lot of my creative edge was lost. I would look at a scene and know what I wanted but instead of taking the time to get the shot I wanted I would just over click the shutter button and hope that something would turn out, or if not I could fix it in photo shop. Film has forced me to slow down and set up my shot. I know it has to work so I take the time to find the art and beauty in what I see. The next main reason I would say that I love film it the way it reacts to light. Film takes the light and wraps in around into an almost 3D feel. I love the way film makes the light look like you can reach out and grab it.”

These photos were captured at the Stimson-Green Mansion that has been in Seattle for over a hundred years. Festivities and celebrations have shaped the character of this prestigious mansion in the heart of Seattle. Enchantment around every corner of the house lures your guests from room to room as they discover wondrous magic in each work of art. This Seattle wedding venue is the perfect place for your vintage style, roaring 20s wedding.

View Entire Gallery

Photographer: Kali Lu Photo
Venue: Stimson-Green Mansion
Makeup & Hair: Kathy Evans Beauty Studio
Dress Designer: Victoria’s Bridal Couture
Flowers: En Fleur Floral and Event Design
Jewelry: Isadora’s Fine Antique Jewelry
Veil or Hair Accessories: Serephine
Shoot and wardrobe stylist: Kira Bottles

Comments

1. SO 1920′s flapper! Love it!!! :)

2. 0. @LWDressToronto says:

Check out this beautiful post of Great Gatsby wedding ideas from @weddingchicks http://t.co/FlhVfkum Loving the fur and head pieces!

3. 0. Brian Church says:

Beautiful stuff. A lot of weddings and brides call their dress or theme “vintage” these days and it really seems that there’s not much vintage about it but these pieces really do a great job of seeming timeless and vintage. Nice work.

4. We recently had a couple who also had a Great Gatsby theme – feather place card holders and all!

5. 0. @blissbysam says:

We love all of these gatsby-inspired head pieces! http://t.co/1jntzChr

6. 0. @SwankeyEvents says:

Would you go for that 1920s Great Gatsby bridal style? Here’s some inspiration from @weddingchicks http://t.co/qsf2W72L

7. So many beautiful headpieces here – I can’t even pick a favourite!! ;)

8. Ahaa, its pleasant dialogue regarding this paragraph here at this blog, I have read all that, so at this time me also commenting here.| book cheap flight http://www.funtraveldeals.com/book-flights/

9. Great beat ! I would like to apprentice at the same time as you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a blog web site? The account aided me a appropriate deal. I had been a little bit familiar of this your broadcast provided shiny transparent concept| agate cameos pendant http://www.goldmemoriesforever.com

10. hello!,I really like your writing so so much! proportion we keep in touch extra approximately your article on AOL? I need a specialist on this space to resolve my problem. Maybe that is you! Having a look forward to see you. | bewerbungsfotos München USA visum fotos http://www.fotostudioaugenblicke.de

11. This is my first time visit at here and i am really happy to read everthing at one place.

12. Yes! Finally something about %keyword1%.

13. I delight in, cauze I discovered just what I was having a look for.
    You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man.
    Have a great day. Bye

14. 0. Glenna says:

Magnificent goods from you, man. I’ve be mindful your stuff
    prior to and you are just extremely fantastic.
    I actually like what you’ve obtained right here, really like
    what you’re saying and the way in which in which you say it.
    You make it entertaining and you still care for to stay it
    smart. I cant wait to read far more from you. That is actually a wonderful website.

15. When someone writes an article he/she keeps the thought of a user in his/her mind that how a user can understand it.
    Thus that’s why this post is outstdanding.
    Thanks!

16. This is the frosted glass enclosure bubble witch saga
    gentron pro 2 generators of a witches’ cauldron, proved to have!
    Avoid chemical cleaners when cleaning off your game wherever you like successfully as you complete a few months can score you
    big savings. And I guess bubble witch saga gentron pro 2 generators the
    question, you have the evidence necessary to define clinical utility of genomic-based
    diagnostic tests, and are not uncommon.

17. I pay a visit day-to-day some websites and sites to read content,
    however this webpage presents quality based articles.

18. My brother recommended I might like this website.

He was totally right. This post truly made my day. You can not imagine just how much time I had spent for
    this info! Thanks!

19. 0. Google says:

I was pretty pleased to discover this site.
    I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly
    fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every little
    bit of it and I have you book-marked to see new stuff on your site.

20. 0. Christopher says:

Hi mates, how is all, and what you would like to say regarding this post, in my view its genuinely awesome for me.

21. Thank you, I’ve just been looking for info about this subject for ages and yours
    is the best I have discovered so far. However, what concerning the bottom
    line? Are you certain concerning the source?

22. 0. cuentas premium says:

Hi there! This blog post couldn’t be written any better!
    Looking at this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He always kept preaching about this. I’ll send this article to him.
    Fairly certain he’ll have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

23. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I
    find this topic to be actually something which I think I would
    never understand. It seems too complex and very broad for me.
    I am looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the
    hang of it!

24. That is a really good tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere.
    Short but very accurate information… Thank you for sharing this one.

A must read article!

25. This is my first time go to see at here and i am really
    impressed to read everthing at single place.

1. [...] post Great Gatsby Bridal Ideas appeared first on The Wedding [...]

2. [...] Covey via Snippet & Ink  2 – feathered birdcage veil, image by Kali Lu Photo via Wedding Chicks  3 – gold art deco wedding invitation, image by Lauren Scotti via 100 Layer Cake  4 [...]