There are definitely couples who fall in love with a wedding venue because of its long history hosting incredibly well-appointed events. Their Instagram feeds are full of stunning affairs and the comments on their posts are from couples and guests, alike, who have all had amazing experiences in their halls. On the other hand, there are also couples who want to be the first to try out a new venue, and the uniqueness and originality of a wedding happening somewhere uncharted, well, it’s frankly unmatched. And that’s what we’re so excited about with the advent of The Windy City’s newest uncorked wedding spot: Chicago Winery.
Surrounded by the vibrant arts scene of River North and the absolute glamour of historic Chicago, Chicago Winery is poised to be a welcome addition in the heart of the city by 2022’s end. Based on the renderings we’ve had the pleasure of viewing, the warm, modern space blends urban character with rich colors and opulent accents. And it looks like the future full-service weddings (for up to 215 guests, by the way) are going to be some of the most distinguished events, with a very obvious overture of cool.
If you’re keen on having your nuptials here
Photo Credit: Someplace Wild; @someplacewild
• The entirety of the second-floor event space is reserved for you and your guests and includes an all-season outdoor terrace (our fave, fave, fave part), an expansive view of the Winery’s Barrel Room, and handsome, modern detailing throughout. With ample space for your ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing.
• More on ☝️3,500+ square foot primary event space on the second floor will accommodate seated events for up to 215 and cocktail receptions for up to 350. The bewitching space features floor-to-ceiling windows with views into the winery production facility below.
Photo Credit: Rima Brindamour Photography; @brindamourphoto
• An additional, more intimate event space on the first floor can accommodate up to 40 people, which is totally perfect for showers, rehearsal dinners, and post-wedding brunches.
• A beautifully-private area with en-suite bathroom is available two hours prior to your wedding start time for mingling and relaxation, with sparkling wine and antipasti spreads provided. If you ask us, it’s oh-so-ideal if you and your partner want to get in some pre-wedding chill time, together, or if you want to corral your crew for pre-ceremony chit-chat and snacks.
• In preparation for your event, the Chicago Winery team extends an invitation for two to attend a pre-wedding menu tasting. You know, to test drive each of their delicious menu items and get a taste for their artisanal wines (which you’ll be featuring at your fete, no doubt).
• And, most importantly, their expert team of event managers assists with ALL the things, from outside vendor coordination, to overseeing setup, breakdown, and everything in between, which makes for a truly seamless experience for you and your guests.
Okay, so, yes, completely new wedding venues are definitely enticing, but there’s still something to be said for an event-stead with clout and reputation already bottled up
The Chicago Winery team comes from the award-winning event experts at First Batch Hospitality, bringing over 10 years of experience in providing memorable celebrations at two other boutique properties in Brooklyn and Washington, DC. (And we’ve talked about both of them before, just for reference!)
The wine production facility takes direction from First Batch Executive Director of Winemaking, Conor McCormack, and private events will feature wines made onsite and cuisine prepared by their in-house culinary team.
Photo Credit: Alyse Michelle Images; @alysemichelleimages
This sparkling new happily-ever-after hotspot is currently booking 2023 weddings, so reach out today to discuss availability and set up an in-person or virtual tour!!