I rarely post the “after dark” images because it’s harder to fit into my feed, but I LOVE shooting after the sun goes down! I invested a lot into learning how to shoot after the sun goes down or in dark venues. It’s tricky because there’s a lot that goes into images like these, like placement and camera settings, but the results are SO worth it! .
Five Tips for Epic Sparkler Shots:
1. The darker, the better. If there are too many lights, it can make the ambient light “leak” into the photos, making them not turn out as good (in my opinion 😉) .
2. Get the high smoke, extra long sparklers. This couple actually didn’t have the high smoke ones, but a few people at their wedding had vapes and @kymize told them to blow out their smoke as the couple passed, creating the epic background here. .
3. Walk, don’t run! When there’s less light, it’s harder to focus my camera, which means I can’t take as many shots. Besides, walking always gives better photos 🙌🏼 .
4. When you’re about halfway, stop and give each other a show stopping kiss. I’ve gotten some super cute & epic photos that way. .
5. Don’t forget to smile! Heck, even add a bit of personality to your walk down that sparkler aisle. It will make the photos even more fun to revisit later.
Video: @kymizeSee more here