Are you looking to plan the perfect Savannah wedding? Here's something to consider ... the Southern Wedding Experience is a new kind of wedding planning event that gives brides inspiration and ideas while booking venues and vendors, all in one weekend.
The first Southern Wedding Experience event will take place March 1 – 3 in Savannah, GA, one of the most charming, wedding-friendly cities in the South. “Hip and historic, robust and refined, Savannah offers amazing architecture, rich history, global sophistication, and fabulous food,” said Shay Brown, event founder, nationally recognized wedding planner, and owner of Shay Brown Events. “It’s where majestic oak trees, sandy beaches, sophisticated restaurants, and Southern hospitality create the perfect backdrop for a memorable wedding.”
Attending brides will visit Savannah's world-class wedding venues including the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel, Mansion on Forsyth Park, and Savannah Station. In addition, throughout the weekend brides will:
- Learn how to organize their wedding, from experts at The Knot
- Get wedding planning tips from Shawn Rabideau, nationally-known event planner. (You’ll also get a first-hand look at the new Shawn Rabideau Stationery, launching later this year!)
- Attend a bridal fashion runway show featuring wedding gowns by national and local designers
- Taste gourmet cuisine, wedding cakes, and other desserts
- Experience the city of Savannah via a trolley or Segway tour, or just explore downtown on foot
- Meet and mingle with numerous other vendors to complete a dream wedding, including experts from The Knot, Junebug Weddings, and Munaluchi Bridal Magazine.
After more than a decade in the industry planning more than 850 weddings, Brown created the Southern Wedding Experience to offer brides a more personal, upscale and stress-free opportunity to create perfect Savannah weddings.
Your ticket includes all meals, lodging, activities, and a souvenir bag for you and one guest. (Local Savannah brides who don't need a hotel room can get a reduced price.) For more information and to purchase tickets, visit SouthernWeddingExperience.com or find Southern Wedding Experience on Facebook.
Event sponsors include Mansion on Forsyth Park, Biltmore Estate, Grove Park Inn, Tybee Island Wedding Chapel, Savannah Station, Grand Bohemian, Crest Center & Pavilion, Classic Event Rental, Aria, BBJ Linens, AFR, Hopkins Photography, Shay Brown Events, Southern Wedding Library, Inspire Smart Success, and The Bridal Style.