Although Nikki & Michael's wedding has a relaxed vibe, it overflowed with personal touches and was thoughtfully put together. From Nikki's handmade wedding dress to their custom wedding blankets, every last detail was accounted for. We must say that the flower girls in denim dresses had to be one of our favorite details of the day. They look so cute!
You can see so much more of Nikki & Michael's wedding in the full gallery here. All fabulously photographed by Alixann Loosle Photography. Read on to learn how much a wedding like theirs could cost you.
Advice from the bride:One thing I would recommend any bride to do is to have her dress made. From designing the dress, to seeing it made from scratch, and then trying it on for an absolute perfect fit. I have never worn something so comfortable, I felt amazing all night long! And it was exactly what I wanted, nothing someone had tried on before or even seen before for that matter.
Their rustic Utah wedding was held at Red Cliff Ranch, a spectacular venue that provides a stunning western mountain backdrop for your wedding. Their traditional-style barn will welcome you into a charming saloon -perfect for cocktail parties and receptions. As you will soon see, the lighting is unbelievable and it is really a lovely spot for a wedding reception.
Dine in rustic elegance inside the raised center aisle of the barn or you may choose to dine and dance the night away in our outdoor, open-sided pavilion. No need to worry about the weather - Red Cliff Ranch has you covered.
What would you have done differently?The one thing I would have done different was try to relax more. It was the most amazing, beautiful day. Looking back, I wish I would have been a little more laid back the day of meaning, we didn't have to do the cake cutting at exactly 8:15pm, 8:20pm is just fine. It goes by so quickly, a lot of things flew by and I hardly even enjoyed them or noticed the little details I worked so hard on because I constantly felt like we had to keep schedule. Alix did such a great job with photos, I really lived through them on some of the highlights of the evening. I wish I would have taken a step back and said, "Ok Nikki, enjoy every moment of this" and really would have looked around a bit to take in how amazingly well everything came together.
Photographer: Alixann Loosle Photography Event Designer: Bride and Scenemakers Venue: Red Cliff Ranch Hair & Makeup: Lunatic Fringe Park City Cake: Nothing Bundt Cakes Caterer & Coordinator: Culinary Crafts Dress Designer: Penelope's Flowers: Scenemakers Groom's Attire: J.Crew Earrings: Dana Kellin Shoe Designer: Seychelles Stationery: Anne Elizabeth DJ: Family friend | Officiant: Family friend Read on to see how much this heart themed wedding costs. Please note that costs change as the years go by, and prices are subject to change. This is just one couple's breakdown to give you a rough estimate on how much a wedding like this may cost you.
- Here is a rough breakdown of the budget ... I don't have this in a spreadsheet or anything, so I'm going off of the top of my head for a lot of it.
- Photographer: $2,500
- Floral / Furniture / Decorations: $12,000
- Venue: $5,000
- Catering: $27,000
- This includes appetizers, family style 7 course dinner, alcohol, assorted candy bar & candy display, s'mores bar, flatware, china, linens, glassware, whiskey bar, old fashion soda station, some furniture rentals for dinner and the ceremony, the tent rental for the ceremony, and coordination of the entire event. The venue was a blank slate, so you really had to bring everything little thing in.
- Hair & Makeup: $300
- DJ: $1,500 (he flew in from CA, we paid for his flight, rental car & hotel room)
- Officiant: $2,000 (she flew from Hawaii - we paid for airfare and accommodations for both she and her husband)
- Dress: $1,300
- Groom's Attire: $300
- Earrings: $300
- Necklace & Bracelet: Family Heirlooms
- Nikki & Michael's rings were both handmade by OC Tanner using family stones. The diamonds in Nikki's engagement ring are from Michael's Great Grandmother's wedding ring, and the sapphires came from a ring the bride already owned. The construction of her platinum engagement ring cost $3,000. The diamonds in her wedding band came from her mother, the construction and design of her rose gold wedding band cost $1500. The diamonds and sapphires in Michael's ring were already owned by the bride & her family. The design & construction of his brushed yellow gold ring was $2300.
- Shoes: $75.00
- Stationary (all were made by Ann Elizabeth)
- Save the Dates: $1,000
- Bridal Shower Invites: $650
- Wedding Invites: $3,500
- Escort Cards & Menu/Programs: $650
- Cakes: $350
- Wood signs purchased on Etsy: $400
- Transportation for guests: $4,000 (we had shuttles to and from the ranch for all guests, it was about a 30min drive)
- Vintage Car Rental for Bride & Groom: $300
- Blankets for Wedding Favors: $1,100
- Miscellaneous dÃ©cor & items purchased by bride: $1,000