International Bridal Makeup Artist Tia Codrington
I fell in love with all the subtleties of Bridal Makeup. Being apart of each bride's story, reflecting on how she and the groom met, and finally, the anxiousness each bride feels once they sit in my chair.
Along my journey, it was imperative for me to explore my artistry and bring to fruition my bride's dream look. I’m familiar with the struggles black women face when it comes to makeup and I've built a platform where women of color feel embraced, beautiful, and most importantly represented.
I'm conscious of energy so each experience a bride has with me leaves us connected and I’m grateful for those opportunities. This is an art and it feels magical with every bride that I touch. It's something special and it's unique. See more of Tia's work in the gallery.
Tips from Tia Codrington
1) Choose a makeup artist that fits your vision. If you’re looking for an artist, look for someone whose style of artistry is what you can envision to have on your wedding day.
2) Hire a professional. Hiring a makeup artist that specifically caters to bridal makeup is a plus. Not only can they guide you through some of things to expect on the big day, but they also understand the workflow and are trained to work under any wedding day pressures.
3) Schedule a bridal trial or phone consultation. Energy is everything. You want to make sure that you connect with your artist and ensure that they are the right fit for you.
4) Find an artist with a diverse portfolio. It’s helpful to find an artist who can work with a range of complexions especially as this relates to your bridal squad.
5) Quality and experience should be at the forefront. Even as it pertains to makeup, you want to feel and look your best on your wedding day. This is an area I always tell brides to invest in.
Tia Codrington is a Destination MUA and Bridal Makeup Specialist based in Miami, FL. Contact Tia here for inquiries.