The scenic and historic island of Hvar in Croatia was the picturesque location for this next couples destination wedding at Bonj les Bains Beach Club. To highlight the beauty of the location, they opted for minimalistic decor with a romantic Mediterranean vibe.
Their stunning reception featured panoramic views of the Adriatic Sea, twinkle lights and a rustic palette dessert table that’s simply to die for! They threw a party their guests won’t soon forget so keep scrolling to read more from the bride below. Want more images? Check out the full gallery captured by Mihoci.
From the bride: In retrospect, it is easy to see why Hvar was perfect for our wedding destination. The island combined everything that we envisioned - not only do you feel the energy but also get to roam around the quaint historical beauty that’s sitting within these walls, which makes you truly step back in time to the zenith of the Austro-Hungarian empire.
Historic ceremony location
The ceremony took place in the inner courtyard ruins of the 14th-century monastery and church. We wanted to embrace the ancient ruins and simplify the decorations to complement the interior. After the ceremony we escaped to the inner walls of the old town of Hvar and what felt like a walk in the past enjoying the solitary moment of being just pronounced husband and wife, with Kal who was dressed in a classic deep blue suit and myself in a Pnina Tornai lace gown and Christian Louboutin shoes.
inspired wedding style
Effortless elegance with a minimalistic, romantic chic vibe and a hint of Mediterranean rustic ambiance was the source inspiration of our wedding in Hvar, Croatia. We wanted to embrace the scenic surroundings of the Adriatic sea and the dreamy setting of the historical coastal cities. So it was important that the overall theme didn’t overpower the environment.
The perfect venue + food
We couldn’t have asked for a better venue or service for the day. Not only did the Bonj Le Bains Beach Club have an incredible panoramic view of the Adriatic Sea but we were also blown away by the abundance of food selections we were able to have day of. The location in itself had a wonderful flow between a seating lounge where guests can rest and step away to take in the scenery from the outside covered 2nd floor terrace where dinner & dancing took place overviewing the sea. The space gave us the opportunity to create a handcrafted rustic buffet table with hor d'oeuvres for the cocktail hour which was then reused as the most romantic chic dessert table I laid eyes on.
5 helpful tips from the bride
1. If you can, go visit the location months before the wedding. It will help you come up with ideas for the decor and for layout, which are difficult to do from just looking at images online.
2. If you have the budget, hire a coordinator - this will save you an immense amount of stress and will make sure things are running smoothly without having to preoccupy yourself with the many details.
3. Make sure to include in your budget taxes and tips to all vendors - you’ll be surprised how much this adds up.
4. Take time off for yourself before and after the wedding, this time is crucial for you to enjoy yourselves and get lost in the moment.
5. Our major relief was the welcome cocktail event the night before the wedding. There were able to meet and greet all our family and friends which took the pressure off from having to do it the day of the wedding. This gave us a chance to fully enjoy the night and each other’s presence and appreciate the moment.