The Gown: Fairytale Full A-Line Wedding Dress with Embroidered Lace Appliques
You know, since the term microwedding became a lot more mainstream this year, courtesy of COVID, we’ve heard a lot about fashion, flowers, food, even favors that are “microwedding” or “minimony-worthy.” And we get it, there definitely are more items and themes and wears that make more sense for a smaller celebration. But we want to get the record straight: just because a microwedding or more intimate affair is the route many couples are going with their nuptials now, doesn’t mean the bride has to limit her look or rock a shorter hemline because her guest size is scaled back. We chatted with the Moonlight Bridal team on their “destination and affordable wedding dress” Moonlight Tango Collection, and these gowns (yes, gowns) are exactly what we’ve been envisioning for brides who’ve gone smaller with their soirees, but still want to stand out with a style that’s stunning. It’s wedding ensemble minimalism with maximum 😍 effect.
Before the dresses, let's bust some microwedding myths:
True or false… A microwedding or minimony won't...
- Have an aisle, so a bride doesn’t need to have a train.
- Have a dance floor, so a bride doesn’t need anything with sway.
- Have that big of an audience in attendance, so something like back interest doesn’t matter.
True or false... A microwedding or minimony means...
4. That it's an occasion without all the extras, so a bride's fashion should match.
5. That a bigger party will probably play out in the future, so the statement-making dress should be saved for later.
False. False for all of it. 👎. And here’s why.
The Gown: Classic Full A-Line Wedding Dress with Surplice Sweetheart and Straps
- Who said a microwedding or minimony can’t have an aisle? There can ALWAYS be an aisle, whether the commitment is taking place in someone’s backyard or even on the edge of a cliff. And if there’s an aisle, a trailing train is appropriate as ever.
- True, social distancing doesn’t really work for a dance floor, but what about a silent disco for your reduced-size reception? If a bride wants to twirl, she should twirl, and if she wants to dance - like no one is watching (#perkofanelopement), well, then we’re here for it.
- Back interest matters forever and always. 1) because even if you don’t have a huge crowd behind you, you might still have your ladies beside you and 2) a microwedding doesn’t mean you won’t have a photographer. So, by all means, serveee those sassy over-the-shoulder shots, girl.
- The day might be lowkey, but your details don’t have to be. Lace appliqué, shimmering sequins, rhinestones and tonal beading can all still absolutely be part of the picture.
- A statement-making dress doesn’t deserve to be delayed, no matter the scene, no matter the setting.
The gown: Luxurious Full A-Line Wedding Dress with Re-Embroidered Lace Appliques
Again, it’s a microwedding or a minimony, but the vibes can (and should) still be major.
Since their inception in 1986, Moonlight has set out to create an experience that every bride fantasizes about, from the moment they step into their gowns to the day they walk down the aisle (COVID hasn’t taken that anticipation away, the weddings have just changed course). Their gowns begin and end with a signature, incredible fit, then they’re crafted using the most luxurious fabrics, rich lace, and hand-sewn Swarovski crystal details. Each gown sets out to accentuate the beauty of the individual bride, so when you take away all of the “extras” that traditionally accompanied big, pre-pandemic weddings, those bespoke details are even more special and appreciated.
These are the newest looks for the Moonlight Tango lineup.
We’re in love with them all, especially the low open back mermaid. It’s not summer anymore, but do we care? NOPE! 🧜♀️
Classic Full A-Line Wedding Dress with Surplice Sweetheart and Straps
Sleek Crepe Mermaid Wedding Dress with Low Open Illusion Back
Lightweight Chiffon A-Line Beach Wedding Dress with Cascading Ruffle
A-Line Beach Wedding Dress with Botanical Lace Appliques
Square Neckline A-Line Minimalist Crepe Wedding Dress
Sultry Regal Crepe Wedding Dress with Beaded Detachable Cap Sleeves
Floral Embroidered Sparkle Net Wedding Dress with Crepe Bodice
Stretch Crepe Wedding Dress with Chantilly Lace Long Sleeves
Fairytale Full A-Line Wedding Dress with Embroidered Lace Appliques
Luxurious Full A-Line Wedding Dress with Re-Embroidered Lace Appliques
Find a store near you to start shopping the collection, but don’t worry about rushing… These dresses are fitting for weddings during this time, for sure, but they were a mood well before the microwedding was one.
FOLLOW MOONLIGHT BRIDAL ON IG TO SEE ALL THE DRESSES THAT CAN HAVE YOU LOOKING BOHO GLAM OR DESERT GODDESS-LIKE (IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO, AREWERITE?!?!!).