Couples Swimsuits In Style: The Rio
It’s not you, we really have been saying that we hope things will ‘get back to normal’ for a much longer time than we imagined. Things are absolutely looking up for a better wedding year in 2021, but we’re still not there yet. So, we guess we’ll just keep looking on the bright side of things: a minimony or microwedding with the best of friends, potential bigger ‘follow up’ events with more of your fam later on this year, and a honeymoon on the horizon. All of the waiting sucks, we’re in no way trying to dispute that, but that’s not to say that holding out for the honeymoon has to be total hell. We caught up with our friends at Kenny Flowers, the lifestyle brand that’s brought a whole new vibe to vacay and resort fashion, and they helped us come up with a full list of things to do when a honeymoon seems hella far away.
Distractions, excursions, and what to look forward to.
It’s the name of the game when you’re holed up at home with a honeymoon that’s sadly looking more and more like a mirage every day
Couples Swimsuit In Style: The Hamptons
1. Netflix. Hulu. HBO. Yes, it’s so much screen time, but once we’re all “back to work” and maybe carrying on with life in some semblance of what it used to be, we won’t have time for all the ‘Because you watched Bridgerton’ bingeing. Not to mention, if you watch something that’s shot ‘on location,’ it might just inspire you to do something unexpected on your own sojourn.
2. The pre-beach tone up. Notice how we didn’t say slim down. We’re not fans of the pre-wedding diet and weight loss obligation, but we don’t oppose getting healthier, toning up, and boosting our energy (because this pandemic has all but zapped those levels in our lives).
3. Honeymoon activity mining. One of the biggest mistakes a couple can make before their newlywed adventure is not doing some solid recon before the trip. While you’ll certainly want to relax and go off the grid when you’re there - if you’re going somewhere that’s OIAL (once in a lifetime), you’ll probably want to have at least a few activities scoped out (be it an exclusive dining experience, something historic or scenic, etc.).
4. Locking down your lingerie. Name a more appropriate time for hotter lingerie than your honeymoon? We’ll wait… No, but really, your first vacation as a married couple is the perfect excuse/occasion to level up your intimates. You’ll be SO glad you did when you lock the door that first night in your hideaway…
5. Stocking up on the matchy-matchy. We love a good ‘hubs’ and ‘wifey’ moment for the honeymoon, but 1) the Mr. & Mrs. stuff can get a little cheesy and 2) if you’ve already gotten married but had to delay your honeymoon, the whole ‘just married’ thing might not be your vibe anymore. That’s why we’re much bigger fans of matching sets and couples swimwear instead.
Couples Swimwear In Style: The Bora Bora
Whether you’re heading for the white sand beaches of the Caribbean or traveling around the world to a dream destination like Bora Bora, Kenny Flowers’ matching couple swimsuits, sarongs, cover ups, shirts, and the enviable honeymoon matching sets will have you vacation ready.
They get it, because they’re living it.
Does anyone else want to tell their friends and fam to kindly zip it whenever they say “Awww, all this waiting must suck, but you’ll go on your honeymoon eventually, it’s better to be safe than sorry!!” For sure, health and safety are priority #1, but happiness, turquoise blue waters, all the tropical drinks with umbrellas, and quarantine with a view, at least, would also be pretty good rn. Kenny and Christina, the creators of Kenny Flowers and a real-life engaged duo themselves, empathize 100 percent. Like so many other 2020 couples who had to postpone their weddings, they’ve been playing the waiting game too. How have they dealt with it? Well, by dressing the part, of course…
Couples Swimwear In Style: The Bora Bora
These cute matching ‘fits got plenty of IG double taps, just sayin’
Fun Matching Set! “I am happy with the purchase of the matching couples suits for our upcoming honeymoon. The colors are bright and oh so fun!” ~ Sarah B.
Awesome! “I paired this shirt with the lion shorts for my hubby. I also have the couple coordinating set. When people saw us, they were amazed and loved how I matched us together. Do not hesitate in buying this one. You will not regret it.” ~ Marvin L.
Great quality! “Bought this for my husband to wear on our honeymoon and match my sarong! The quality is amazing! He loves it and I love matching him ;) ~ Kayci B.
Couples Swimsuit In Style: The Palm Beach
Bridesmaid Swimwear In Style: The Beverly Hills
Oh! And just because you’re home (and maybe quarantining), doesn’t mean you can’t get excited for your honeymoon! What better way to get in the spirit than to dress like you’re already there?
Even if that means throwing his and her swimwear on just for a soak in the tub. Hey! We don’t judge… Shop now!
Couples Swimsuit In Style: The Beverly Hills
FOLLOW KENNY FLOWERS ON IG TO SEE HOW COUPLES ARE #MAKINGTHEWAITGREAT
We partnered with Kenny Flowers to share our favorite ways to get psyched for the honeymoon #suitup! As always, thank you for supporting our sponsors!