When it's frosty out and you want to bring the outdoors in, you have to get creative! You'll find an abundance of ideas ranging from decor, cocktails, to even menu ideas! This bride and groom even chose to have a moment to soak in the day's events and have a private dinner for two.
Read on to get ideas on creating a woodsy inspired indoor wedding like this one at the The Rockstar Kitchen without pitching your reception in the middle of the forest! And, even more awaits in the full gallery here, photographed by Jessica Bordner Photography.
his and her Cocktail Recipes
His: The R and R
2 measures rye whiskey
1-2 tbs rosemary syrup (2 tbs for a sweeter drink)
2-3 dashes bitters ice, preferably one large cube
1. In a chilled cocktail glass, combine the bitters, syrup, and rye.
2. Add ice, and stir vigorously.
3. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
Hers: Rosewater and Rosemary Champagne Champagne Sprig of rosemary Dash of bitters Dash of rosewater Rosemary syrup
1. Add a small dash of bitters and rosewater to the champagne flute. Both have strong flavors, so start small, and you can always add more.
2. Fill the flute with champagne.
3. Add a small amount of rosemary syrup, to taste.
Savory Small Plate selection
1. Grilled White Asparagus + Rustic Bread Salad with Figs, Heirloom Tomatoes + Balsamic Herb Dressing.
2. Classic Tar Tar: Tenderloin, Farm Egg, Capers + Parmesan Tuille.
3. Honey Bourbon BBQ Glazed Short Rib + Sweet Potato "Bone".