When planning their wedding, most brides are always thinking of ways to “wow” their guests. They want a wedding that will be fun, beautiful and most importantly, memorable. After all, nobody wants to spend thousands of dollars on a one day event and not have it be remembered, right?! One of the best ways that I have found to incorporate that “wow factor” is by creating a signature cocktail for your guests to enjoy. Not only will your guests love this, but it is a fun thing for you and your fiancé to create together. Here are some tips to assure that your signature cocktail will be loved and that will be sure to leave your guests in awe!
1) Make it Delish! I know that this sounds obvious, but you really need to consider your audience when concocting your signature beverage. If you are the type of person who likes things super sweet, it doesn’t mean that your guests will enjoy that too. You’ll never have a cocktail that everyone will love, but you want something that is neutral enough for most to enjoy.
2) Incorporate Your Wedding Colors: You can consider creating a drink that is one of your main wedding colors or maybe you have an accent color that you would like to incorporate, either way this can be a fun way to add some pizazz to your overall decor.
3) Make it meaningful: Do you and your fiancé have a special cocktail that is reminiscent of your engagement or your first date? If so, that would be something very meaningful that you could incorporate. Do you have a memorable drink within your culture or heritage? Again, this could be another great way to add meaning to your special day.
4) Presentation, Presentation, Presentation! As with everything wedding related, presentation is key! If you will have bartenders create your signature cocktail one by one, make sure to have them add a special element to each drink, such as a special wedding favor or serve the cocktails in unique glassware. If your cocktail will be pre-made, like a punch, make the set up beautiful and fun. Make your guests really excited about trying your cocktail.
5) Have a non-alcoholic version: Don’t exclude certain guests from enjoying your creation. Having a non-alcoholic version is a sure way for those that are pregnant or who don’t drink alcohol to still partake in the fun.
6) Make it season appropriate: Think about when your wedding will take place. If your wedding is in the middle of summer, you want to make sure you have a cocktail that is very refreshing. You may also want to add fresh fruit or citrus flavors to your cocktail. On the other hand, if your wedding is in the fall or winter, you may want to serve a spiced punch with cinnamon sticks.
7) Unless you are a professional bartender, consult with one! A professional bartender will be the most helpful when it comes time to actually create your signature cocktail. You should avoid putting it together yourself without seeking help from a professional. If you will have a catering company provide bar staff, you will need to make sure that they have the recipe ahead of time and you will need to assure that they are able to create your cocktail as intended.
8) Signature Cocktails can be budget friendly! Even brides on a strict budget can incorporate a signature cocktail. You do not have to use top shelf liquor to create your cocktail! There are many budget friendly options when it comes to liquor and most of your guests will never know the difference. Another way to have a signature cocktail without breaking the bank is to serve a punch, like Sangria. This will serve a lot of people and won’t cost a ton of money to create. You can also have a signature cocktail that is served only for cocktail hour. This will also cut down on your costs tremendously.
By following these tips above, you will be sure to have a signature cocktail that everyone will love and remember! Happy Planning!