Details.... All of the pretty little details that you’ve laid awake late at night thinking about for oh so many days leading up to your wedding! You've thought long and hard for close to a year about every last one of them... and guess what, they deserve some love too... So here are some tips to make sure they get the proper attention they deserve on your wedding day! If you follow the instructions below, your album will with thank you later... I promise!
The week before your wedding, you and your fiancé need to either find, or purchase a set of boxes. Each of you will have your own and I would say a sweater size box should be sufficient.
The morning BEFORE your wedding you will each start gathering all of your "Getting Ready Details” and placing them in your individual boxes, so that on the morning of your wedding they are READY TO GO! Let’s start with the bride shall we?
1. A copy of ANY and ALL stationery for the wedding. This will include a CLEAN copy of your wedding invitation, with a CLEAN envelope that is stamped and addressed and UNUSED, a save the date and any other printed products such as a menu/place card/ program.
2. Any personalized hangers for your bridal gown. I recommend a wooden or custom hanger. NO PLASTIC. Your GORG gown deserves better than plastic or wire.
3. Any and all Jewelry you plan on wearing
4. Any headpieces and/or veils
5. A pretty perfume bottle - preferably somewhat new, so there is plenty of liquid left in the bottle.
6. Any shoes you plan on wearing during the day…. Heels, sneakers, flip flops
7. A garter if you plan on wearing one
8. Your vows - handwritten or in a VOW book - if they are personal vows
9. Anything sentimental you plan on having with you - your "something blue"
10. Any love notes and/or cards/letters from your fiancé
11. A wedding favor
And last but not least, you will want your bridal bouquet and a few sprigs and/or additional separate stems of flowers from your florist that coordinate with your wedding flowers. These really help your detail photos pop and bring everything together for a gorgeous flat lay!
Now… let’s turn our attention to all of those SLICK details that make your MAN look Hot AF on your wedding day! After all, your man deserve some love too...
1.The watch he will wear and any other important jewelry ( bracelet, etc... )
2. Both Wedding rings... It would be helpful to have ALL of the rings including the engagement ring so that the ring shots can be done during getting ready.
4. Jacket and dress shirt ( On a slick suit hanger ) NO wire or plastic please!
5. Socks and Shoes - Funky Socks are FAB… Just sayin!
6. His tie and/or suspenders AND Belt
6. A cologne Bottle - Preferably as full and new as possible
7. A bottle of his FAV spirits... Whiskey, Vodka, Tequila, Etc...
8. His vows - handwritten or in a VOW book - if they are personal vows
9. Anything sentimental you plan on having with you - something from your dad/grandfather etc...
10. Any love notes or cards/letters from your fiancé
11. His boutonnière
And last but not least, you will want any groomsmen gifts that you have purchased for all of his bros! ( Flasks, beer glasses, etc...) These really help pull everything together! By taking just a few extra minutes to get everything organized the day before you’ll not only make your photographer the HAPPIEST little human on earth, but you will also alleviate so much stress on yourself on the actual wedding day!
Once you have both boxes ready to go, just make sure to let your MOH and BM know that they will be responsible for making sure they get them to the getting ready locations the following morning!
Happy Planning Y’all!
Chrissy Gilmartin Photography