We hope you’re ready to see how incredibly romantic this purple and white wedding turned out at the Belmond El Encanto in Santa Barbara, CA. The setting to their special day included family style tables with gorgeous floral and lantern centerpieces all nestled around a serene lily pond for the ultimate chic relaxed vibe!
We definitely love the purple and white color scheme as well, and there’s plenty more where that came from! Keep scrolling for more amazing images from Allie Lindsey Photography, and for a behind the scenes sneak peek be sure to visit the full gallery.
THE PERFECT VENUE
We knew that we wanted to get married in Santa Barbara due to the special place it served in our proposal. The Belmond El Encanto was the second venue we looked at and we knew it was the one the minute we arrived. It was the perfect combination of retro and modern architecture and the entire resort felt intimate and romantic. The event coordinator was just as excited as we were about the idea of hosting both the evening ceremony and dinner outside by the pond.
I resisted most of the Pinterest wedding trap in the planning process, although we did take on a few DIY projects. Some of these included purple paper heart stings for the reception, “thank you” tags tied around our wedding favors, some of our favorite love quotes in frames for the aisles, small geeky items tucked into the day, and memory books for all my bridesmaids with photos from our friendship.
Behind the scenes
We turned to Etsy for a lot of our wedding items, such as the “happily ever after” and “forever and always” cupcake toppers and our “better together” seating signs. We were also equally committed to having a group of vendors that we adored both professionally and personally. I can’t imagine having a better group of people behind the scenes on our wedding day!
Don't overwhelm yourself
Remember to not take on more than needed! I fell into the Pinterest trap and decided on hand-making 60 12 ft long paper heart strings for the reception as well as many other smaller details. They did look beautiful and I'm so glad that I had the help of many family and friends to get them finished!
Read on to see how much this Elegant Purple and White Santa Barbara wedding cost. Please note that costs change as the years go by, and prices are subject to change. This is just one couple’s breakdown to give you a rough estimate on how much a wedding like this may cost you.
Our approximate budget was as follows :
- $50,000 for the Belmond El Encanto venue, which included food, baked goods (wedding cake & cupcakes) and alcohol for 130 people
- $1000 for the Outrageous Photo Booth
- $9000 for my wedding dress, accessories, and alterations. Received from Lovella Bridal, Allure designer
- $1500 for my reception dress, accessories, and alterations. Maggie Sottero designer.
- $3500 for flowers
- $250 for rented purple linen napkins
- $3500 for the DJ (Red Shoe DJ)
- $800 wedding invitations
- $500 wedding menus
- $3700 photographer for the wedding (Allie Lindsey Photography)
- $2000 photographer for two engagement photo shoots (Allie Lindsey Photography)
- $1200 makeup (Luna Bella)
- $400 groom's bespoke suit
- $2600 wedding planner (Tealight Events and Weddings)
- $4750 videographer (Adventures of Us)
- $1000 homemade decorations for the wedding & gifts for bridal party