Joanne and Warren's October wedding was held amid the bustling city of San Francisco at Harborview Restaurant & Bar. This stunning San Francisco wedding venue offers contemporary, family-style serving Cantonese-style dishes with gorgeous panoramic harbor views.
Throughout the day, there were lots of double happiness symbols (囍). The double happiness symbol, called Shuangxi, is often displayed at Chinese weddings as it is believed that happiness comes in twos. That indeed runs true for this couple!
Keep reading to take in their entire day including- the lion dancers that danced as the sunset to bless their evening with good luck. A Francisco wedding planner, Leah Leah Hwung of Two Perfect Events, shares even more details on their special day - including their full budget breakdown.
Letters To The Bride
Joanne's bridesmaids had a unique book made for her that was filled with photos, well wishes, and letters. Such an incredibly sweet and lovely gesture from her favorite ladies.
Chines Tea Ceremony
There were beautiful elements of the couple’s culture integrated into their day. They had a traditional Chinese tea ceremony with traditional attire that you can see in the full gallery here.
You Might Also Like To Read → Teeny Tiny Bali Wedding
Tropical Decor and Details
Tropical elements were used throughout various aspects of the wedding from start to finish.
- To sent the tone guests, received a gold and blush wedding invite with giant tropical Monstera leaf. All of the wedding stationery, including the welcome wedding sign, was designed in the same tropical fashion.
- Joanne carried a lush wedding bouquet filled with tropical florals like - proteas, tropical palms, and white anthuriums that were designed by Poppy Cart.
- Joanne's bridesmaids carried one green Monstera leaf paired with a blush anthurium to keep the tropical vibe going.
- One element that you should take note of is - Joanne hand-painted gold numbers on tropical leaves that were part of the tropical centerpieces on the wedding table
- Joanne and Warren's sweetheart table was a tropical paradise with the double happiness symbol behind them. This urban jungle was designed by San Francisco plant specialist, Plant Therapy.
You Might Also Like To Read → Tropical Retro Palm Springs Wedding
Be sure to watch their wedding film by IQ Video.
Please note that prices do change, and this budget breakdown gives you an idea of how much a wedding like this might cost you.
Hair + Makeup: $800
Venue + Catering: $36300
Lion Dancers: $550
Gelato Cart: $1000