Do It Yourself, or DIY, wedding projects allow you to create your own personalized favors and touches that can be applied in any way you can imagine on your special day, for a shower or party. All you need are some basic items and a little creativity.
These Do It Yourself Wedding Pinwheels can be easily personalized and you can start today. So simple and sweet. Be sure to see all of our wedding diy projects.
SUPPLIES Sheets of 12" x 12" lightweight decorative paper
12" wooden dowels Hot glue gun and glue sticks Push pin Scissors Ruler
1. Begin by measuring and cutting several 6 inch squares out of your paper.
2. Lay your paper pattern side down, and use your ruler to draw diagonal lines from each corner to make an "X".
3. Find the center of your one of the squares and mark it by poking a hole through it with your pushpin.
4.From the center, mark one inch up, then cut along the diagonal lines from all four corners, stopping at the one inch you made.
5. Use your pushpin to make a hole in the right hand corner of each side of the square, just to the left of the line you just cut.
6. One by one, bring each of the four pin-holed corners to the center and stick the flower and pin through each of the four holes. Next, put the pin through the hole in the center of the square and set aside.
7 . Make a hole, using your pushpin, 1/2 inch down from the end of the dowel.
8. Next Put a drop of hot glue on the hole, and insert the pin that runs through the pinwheel center into the glue and dowel.
A special thanks to Hilton Pittman Photography and Viva L'Event for this adorable wedding do-it-yourself project.