George and Vicki’s wedding day may not have had the weather of their dreams, but it was still everything they hoped it would be and more. A surprise rainbow lead to sunshine and they got to enjoy the grounds of their gorgeous venue, Highlands Country Club, just long enough for some beautiful photos and cocktails on the lawn with all of their guests.
Their chic day was an accumulation of colorful garden blooms and elegant yet minimal styling with gold accents and wood table numbers. The style clad couple looked picture perfect, especially the bride in her gorgeous Sarah Seven gown which we are totally obsessing over RN. So perfect! KT Crabb Photography captured their day beautifully, so enjoy the highlights below and in the full gallery.
From the groom: After spending a year in a long-distance relationship, Vicki and I moved into our first apartment together, and from then, I knew that I wanted to be with her forever. Two years later, I planned to have all of our friends "secretly" gather with us as I proposed to her in front of the Manhattan skyline. That fateful day, I dropped down on one knee and popped the question in front of our friends poking through the bushes...and she said yes!
Choosing the venue
Since we had been living in New York City for a while, we wanted a change of scenery for our wedding. We both love upstate New York for all of its nature and had spent many weekends there hiking, exploring, and drinking wine. When we saw the Highlands Country Club in the picturesque Hudson Valley and met their amazing team, we knew that it was where we wanted to get married.
Rainy day love
From the bride: George and I dreamed of having an outdoor garden wedding, but mother nature had other plans. Luckily, our venue had a beautiful solarium filled with natural light, and our indoor ceremony turned out to be even better than our original plan. The rain showers eventually subsided, and we were able to enjoy cocktail hour outside. After a day of rain, the sun finally peeked out and we were gifted the most beautiful rainbow! It was truly magical and is something we will always remember.
Her favorite moments
Some of our favorite details and moments from the wedding were:
1. Floating Sky Lanterns - After seeing the Disney film "Tangled" and photos from lantern festivals, I knew that I wanted to have a sky full of wishing lanterns at my wedding. Neither of us had ever been to a lantern festival before, but we took a chance on some paper lanterns from Amazon and it worked out! It was a unique and memorable experience for our guests, and the perfect way to end the night.
2. Having one of our close friends officiate the wedding and making a margarita during the ceremony! Neither of us are religious and we knew we didn't want a random person to marry us. One of our close friends happened to be in theater, so he was perfect for the job. We also wanted to do some type of unity ceremony, but decided that mixing colored sand wasn't for us. Instead, we made a margarita during the ceremony as our interpretation of unity.
3. My sister, the maid of honor, wrote a rap to the "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" theme song and performed it during her speech!
last but not least...
4. I contemplated going with a neutral color palette for the florals but ultimately decided to go for more vibrant colors. I'm so glad I did, because the flowers really brightened up each of the rooms our venue and the entire day.
5. My dress was by far my favorite thing I'd ever worn. The girls at Sarah Seven were so wonderful and Sarah herself actually did my first fitting!
6. We semi DIY'd all of our stationary. I downloaded a template off of Etsy, and customized the invitation suite, escort cards, and menus to match the olive branch eucalyptus theme. I liked the simplicity and cohesiveness of the design, and I think it really helped tie everything together.
7. Last but not least, actually getting married to my best friend and now husband. Seeing George get emotional while I was walking down the aisle with my dad and declaring our vows to each other was so surreal.