Wedding Tips & Advice

A Completely Sustainable Midwestern Wedding Styled Shoot

by:


A Completely Sustainable Midwestern Wedding Styled Shoot

We know what you may be thinking... These words; sustainability, eco-consciousness, reduce, reuse, recycle, are becoming over-hashtagged buzzwords; bordering between meaningless and cliche, yet the weight they carry is far from meaningless. It’s a wonderful time to be a bride; sustainability doesn’t get in the way of your aesthetic!

Keep scrolling to see all of the beautiful photos by Sami G Photography and all the details planned and carried out by Peony&Planning. You can see all the images in the full gallery.

The Dress


A Completely Sustainable Midwestern Wedding Styled Shoot

These days we are spoiled with choices for eco-friendly vendors. Our sustainable styled shoot all started with a dress from Kaye Nicole Couture Bridal made from Grovea's Fabrics which are entirely pineapple leaves and abaca (banana) leaves. That’s when we asked ourselves; Is it possible to have a sustainable wedding? After hosting this shoot we know the answer - Of course! Every bride and groom wants to walk away from their special day feeling proud of the impact; you want your day to be planned with purpose. That's exactly what our coordinators at Peony&Planning are doing in coordinating with Sami G Photography. Our goal is to support earth conscious practices and encourage other vendors to follow in their footsteps. All of the vendors involved in this styled shoot have a sustainable passion and are implementing eco-friendly practices. 


A Completely Sustainable Midwestern Wedding Styled Shoot

Cake & Catering

A Completely Sustainable Midwestern Wedding Styled Shoot


A Completely Sustainable Midwestern Wedding Styled ShootA Completely Sustainable Midwestern Wedding Styled Shoot

Some might argue that one of the most important parts of a wedding is the cake. We had the pleasure of working with Prioritized Pastries for our styled shoot’s beautiful centerfold. They use locally sourced ingredients from sustainable purveyors and certified organic and gluten free products from trusted businesses and companies. We are still wondering how they make vegan and gluten free taste so delicious!

Stationery


A Completely Sustainable Midwestern Wedding Styled Shoot

Cassie with Paper Flower Studio used cotton paper and recycled sari ribbon to create the stationery. She found that the process for making the seed paper was actually less eco friendly than making cotton paper so we went with the most eco friendly way (of course)!


A Completely Sustainable Midwestern Wedding Styled Shoot

Florals


A Completely Sustainable Midwestern Wedding Styled Shoot

Urban Buds: City Grown Flowers have created a sustainable oasis in the desert of the concrete city. Based in St. Louis; their story is one of land, community, culture, and love. Environmental sustainability is paramount for Urban Buds, their flowers are grown with the use of Integrated Pest Management techniques, cover crops, compost, minimal tillage, and drip irrigation rather than harmful chemicals.

Venue


A Completely Sustainable Midwestern Wedding Styled Shoot

The private oasis of Lost Hill Lake offers a gorgeous garden which allowed us to use fresh vegetables for the caterer and for a radish bouquet. Located in St. Clair, Missouri, they started enforcing sustainable values in 2019. They offer real china, or the option of bamboo/eco friendly plate/flatware.


A Completely Sustainable Midwestern Wedding Styled Shoot

Jewelry


A Completely Sustainable Midwestern Wedding Styled Shoot

Which jewelry metals are the most responsible? Sarapatino Jewelry is asking the right questions. Any piece you select from Sarapatino’s collection can eventually be recycled to avoid ending up in a landfill. By using recycled metals, they give old metal a second life. About 90% of it is sourced locally, the other 10% is sourced within the United States. By choosing to access metal locally, they reduce my carbon footprint and I support our local community. We had a pleasure working with Sarapatino Jewelry on this styled shoot!


A Completely Sustainable Midwestern Wedding Styled Shoot

Simply Chic Jewelry is proud to say that their Argentium Sterling Silver is purchased from reputable sources. Argentium Sterling Silver is a hypoallergenic and extremely slow to tarnish metal as it’s made of 93.5% pure silver and germanium. It is made from reclaimed silver and meets the legal standard to be considered Sterling Silver. It polishes a bright white color which is closer to fine silver than traditional sterling.It was such a pleasure for us to work alongside Sami G Photography and so many amazing vendors to pull together this Sustainable & Eco-Friendly styled shoot. We are always looking for new inspiration for our styled shoots. 

Add your Business for free Click Here To Get Started