4th of July Outfit Ideas + Patriotic Cocktail Ideas
We have a few 4th of July looks for almost every itinerary. From a pool party to a backyard evening soiree! You are going to find plenty of red, white and blue options to help you look your absolute best. Bonus! We added a few of our favorite patriotic cocktails to help you celebrate this super sparkly day!
We have a few 4th of July looks for almost every itinerary. From a pool party to a backyard evening soiree! You are going to find plenty of red, white and blue options to help you look your absolute best. Bonus! We added a few of our favorite patriotic cocktails to help you celebrate this super sparkly day! Backyard evening soiree 4th of July outfit idea:
1. Dress: 2. Earrings: Aleta Striped Dress
3. Printable Sparkler Template: Bloomingdales
4. Handbag: Mini Natasha
5. Gold Sandals: Steve Madden Non Alcoholic Strawberry and Rhubarb Mocktail
For the Syrup
1 1/2 cups extra fine sugar
4 cups water
2 cups strawberries, cleaned and sliced
3 cups rhubarb, cleaned and sliced into 1/2? pieces
3 inches of ginger, peeled and sliced into 1/2? pieces
1 vanilla pod, sliced open
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1 cup basil leaves
In a medium size saucepan, combine sugar, water, strawberries, rhubarb, ginger, and vanilla pod. Bring it to a boil for 30 seconds, then simmer. Add the lime juice and the basil. Turn off heat and cover let stand like this for 40-45 minutes. Strain through a sieve, so there is only a beautiful crimson liquid. Place in a glass container and chill. Serve over ice and garnish with fresh basil, strawberries and slices of lime. Makes about 8 servings. Via: Carrie Lieber Casual afternoon BBQ 4th of July outfit idea:
1. Red Dress: Tatiana Sexy Back Mini
2. Earrings: Star Cascading Earrings
3. Sandals: Steve Madden Montaukk Mojito Marinated Watermelon Slices
15 1 inch thick watermelon slices
2 Tbls Litehouse Instantly Fresh Mint
¼ cup sugar
4 oz. rum
2 cups mixed berries
1. Slice the watermelon into 1 inch thick slices. Place in a shallow baking pan.
2. In a bowl, mix the mint, sugar and juice of two limes and muddle together (if you dont have a muddler you can use a mortar and pestle or the bottom of a glass).
3. Add in the rum.
4. Pour the mojito mixture over the watermelon slices and let soak in the fridge for at least two hours. You can transfer the dish to the freezer for an additional hour to get extra cold before serving.
5. Before serving, top the watermelon with sliced fruit.
6. Drizzle any additional liquid over the top of the slices.
VIA Living Lighthouse Hanging with friends 4th of July outfit idea:
1. Top: Red Anchors Print Bow Embellished Tank Top
3. Shorts: Illesteva Leonard II red sunglasses Blue Chiffon Shorts
4. Shoes: Chuck Taylor® Low Sneaker
Blue Gatorade Frost
A large drink dispenser
Fill the glass or drink dispenser with Ice.
Pour In the Cranberry Juice.
Next Pour in the Blue Gatorade Frost, BUT make sure that when you're pouring the Blue Gatorade Frost that you pour straight onto some of the ice to gently add the layer. If you pour it directly into the juice it will mix!
Next, pour in the Diet 7up, also pour onto an ice cube to prevent them from mixing.
*You need to use drinks with varying amounts of sugar, since those that contain more sugar (such as soda) are denser than those with less (such as diet drinks), this makes it possible to actually stack one on top of another. Via: Big Bear's Wife Out on the town 4th of July outfit idea:
1. Denim: Hudson Red Jeans
2. Sleeveless Tank Top: Blue Tank Top
3. Nail Polish: Blue Pet-A- Surfer Essie Nail Polish
4. Ring: Mini Star Ring
White Wine-Berry Sangria
1 bottle dry white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
1 cup lemon-lime soda
1/2 cup raspberry vodka
1/4 cup brandy
In a pitcher, combine wine, soda, vodka and brandy. Put a few raspberries and a small handful of chopped strawberries into the bottom of each glass and muddle. Fill glass with ice, then top with sangria and a few blueberries. Stir. Via Tasty Trials