How much did you love our tutorial yesterday? Could you believe those flowers were fake? Such a great idea for a destination wedding or your wedding rehearsal. Next up we have how to make the matching boutonniere.
You will be using all the same supplies and florals from the diy bouquet featured yesterday. Scroll down for step by step instructions from Earth Blossom Flowers and Brooke Allison Photography.
Another special thanks to Earth Blossom Flowers and Brooke Allison for sharing this fabulous do it your self wedding project with us.
Supplies: Afloral.com has a great selection of silk flowers
1. Poppy Pods
3. Birch bark
4. Lamb’s ear leaf
5. Flower Tape
6. Ivory garden rose
8. Peach garden rose
9. Seeded Grasses
10. Twine As well as glue gun, twine, flower wire, flower tape, wire cutters Prepare stems by cutting into useable pieces. Use your wire cutters and and trim off all the excess one or two close to the flower. After you have your single stem flower or leaf wire and tape stems as necessary. This allows you to extend the length of a flower easily. You ca see all of the example florals above and how much to keep from each floral.
1. Take two leaves and lay them each slightly off center so that each piece overlaps each other. In the example you can see that a succulent and lamb's ear leaf was used.
2. Add your filler flower in this case seeded grass and a petal from the peach garden rose was used. It should be centered and overlapping your bottom two leaves.
3.Wrap with flower tape.
4. Add your main flowers in our case a the ivory garden rose and Poppy Pods and wrap with floral tape again.
5. Cut a tinyiece of birch bark to size and glue the underneath edge of the birch bark to the stems. You can purchase birch bark on ebay or etsy.
6. Cut a small piece of twine and put a dot of hot glue on the back of the stems above the birch bark to secure the end of the twine. Wrap the twine around the stems slightly covering the edge of the birch bark.