Horses are beautiful and graceful creatures that embody freedom and romance, so why wouldn't you want to incorporate them into your wedding?! "But, how?", you ask...well lucky for you we have five fabulous equestrian themed wedding must haves brought to you by Morgan Gallo Events and beautifully photographed by Brandon Lata. So keep on scrolling to find out more and don't forget to visit the full gallery here for even more rustically romantic ideas!
From Morgan Gallo Events:Feminine meets true, refined Southern - an ethereal gown cinched at the waste with a cognac belt, a beautiful hunting horse wreathed in flowers, and a leather-encased flask for the groom are just a few of our favorite aspects. Oh, and did we mention there's an upside down trough chandelier over the table filled with beautiful flowers? The plates are to die for (Metal hunting plates) and the charger is an embroidery hoop with leather!
1. Leather Accessories Our must haves for your horse loving wedding begins with a fun accessory for the bride! We love cowboy boots as much as the next girl, but if you are looking to give your dress a bit more of a western edge try wrapping a wide leather belt around it! We love this cognac belt from French Knot Studio and while we are at it we should mention that a great grooms gift would be a leather encased flask like the one below. It is sure to settle all of his nervous butterflies on the big day!
2. Subtle Horse Stationery Keeping up with a theme in your stationery can be as simple and subtle as incorporating a personalized monogram. We love the elegant horseshoe monogram that flows through the invitation suite and wedding ceremony programs from Nina Barrow Design, just like ones below.
3. Florals For Your Trusty Steed Its a special occasion and flowers are draped everywhere, including your trusty steed! Reminiscent of a derby horse garland, this romantic wreath of flowers is a gorgeous way to dress up your precious pony.
4. Horsey Accents Don't forget to sprinkle in some fun little accents that keep up with your theme. This horse head bookend table number paired with a little leather and some lace, and your table is the perfect mix of masculine and feminine!
5. Suspended Flower Filled Trough That's right! This show stopping piece that takes the place of a typical chandelier is sure to wow your guests and keep them talking about your wedding for years to come! Who can say no to gorgeous cascading florals spilling out of an aged horse trough. Beautiful!
We cannot get enough of Red Bluff Plantation, only eleven miles from historic Savannah, Georgia and situated along breathtaking New River. Red Bluff Plantation’s private grounds provides the ultimate escape!
This styled shoot at Red Bluff Plantation was meant to showcase the elegance and rustic boldness of the Lowcountry and its timeless traditions, namely fox-hunting. The grandeur of the plantation house, its surrounding property, and the sportsmanship that occurs there inspired us to narrow our design focus to a "leather and lace" approach.
Need a closer look at these equestrian themed wedding must haves? Check out this fantastic video from Whitewash Films below!