Do It Yourself, or DIY, wedding projects allow you to create your own personalized favors and touches that can be applied in any way you can imagine on your special day, for a shower, a party or whenever. All you need are some basic items and a little creativity.
Check out these Do It Yourself Fake Mustaches and Lips for Weddings. They are perfect for favors and incredibly cute for a little prop at your engagement shoot or wedding. To see more of our fabulous wedding DIY projects click here.
1. $1.99 Clay (I prefer Sculpty, but SIMO is good too)
2. $1.99 Wooden craft sticks (pack of 20)
4. Hot Glue Gun
5. Pyrex Dish Once you decide on the color of clay you want for your lips or mustaches buy enough for how many you would like.
1 lil block of clay made me= 4 lips / 3 mustaches so I bought accordingly.
1. Roll clay into a ball.
2. Flatten ball on a hard surface (I actually just used a paper plate).
3. Pinch the sides of the "now flat" ball, so it becomes more of a pinched circle.
4. Now started pushing the top part of the clay downward to make the lip peak.
5. It kind of starts to resemble a heart. Now elongate the heart a bit more to create the look of a lip.
6. Take your tooth pick and create the "smile" line in your lips now!
You will definitely see the smile line in photographs, so it's the perfect touch to make it look like lips!
1. Roll clay into a 2 balls.
2. Flatten out balls on a hard surface (I used a paper plate again).
3. Now you have 2 round flat circles.
4. Pinch them together and pinch the ends of them as well.
5. It will semi-resemble a bow tie ;)
6. Then go ahead and create the "hair" lines in the clay for the finish touch.
Once you have made more lips/mustaches, place in a large glass Pyrex dish Preheat oven to: 275 degrees Bake clay for: 13 minutes Let clay cool Now just glue the wooden craft sticks to the back of your clay lips/mustaches. For mine I like the look of the stick being off to the side (kind of like a mask) so I positioned mine a little to the left! And poof you have cute props for your photo booth or photo shoot!