Ooooh! Isn't this pretty? And guess what, you can make these antique glass door knob vases yourself! How great is that? Brought to you by one of our favorites Little Vintage Rentals and Mandy Forlenza, their daily goal is to find new uses for old and otherwise forgotten objects.
From Little Vintage Rentals:
As an owner of a vintage rental company, my specialty is dusting off buried treasures and breathing life and functionality into them. I love watching the beauty resurface like it did for these re-purposed glass door knobs as mini bud vases.
Glass Door Knob Bud Vases
1. Scour flea markets and yard sales for some dusty old door knobs! Be sure to check for any sharp chips in the glass.
2. If you happen to come upon a set with the connecting rod in place, use a screwdriver to loosen the screw and the rod will drop out.
3. Decide whether you want to keep the patina on the metal. If so, just wipe with a warm soapy cloth. If you want them to shine, use a brass or metal cleaner and buff.
4. Find your favorite flower, cut to size, drip a small amount of water in the door knob hole and spread them across the table to adore!
1. Place door knob bud vases next to votive candles and watch the pattern of the cut glass glow!
2. Groups of three with coordinating flowers work great!
Doorknobs: Little Vintage Rentals
Photography & Styling: Mandy Forlenza