Pinterest Inspired Vintage Wedding

pink and white bridal bouquet by lammscapes

We all do it… day dream about the wedding we could have with all the fantastic ideas we pin on Pinterest. Can you imagine how bomb your big day would be?! Well, when it came time to plan her wedding day, Lauren decided to act on all of those guilty pleasure pins on her boards. We would like to dedicate this Pinterest inspired vintage wedding to all of our readers that are still in the dreaming of live dove releases and hand crafted wedding favors. Keep on pinning!

Looking for more to drool and dream over? Don’t forget about our full gallery! It’s chalk full of even more ideas from Lauren and Jordan’s wedding beautifully captured by Spottswood Photography.

customized bridesmaids gifts

treat your bridesmaids to a prewedding picnic while you get ready

prewedding snacks

getting wedding ready

We love Lauren’s idea of putting together a picnic basket of treats for you and your bridesmaids to snack on while you all get ready for the big day! Plus how cute are these monogrammed mugs for bridesmaid gifts?! Love it!

From the Bride:
I fell in love with coral this past year so I pretty much tried to base everything in the same color scheme. For the bridesmaids I wanted them to match but not all in the same way so I decided to go with the same dress in different colors. I would probably have to say my bridesmaids dresses were my favorite design element of my wedding. I feel like the colors were a nice pop and they went so well together.

For the guys I wanted them to look classy but not too dressy. And the same with my flower girl, I didn’t want her in a poofy, fancy dress (I actually bought her dress at babyGAP). I saw the idea of suspenders for groomsmen on Pinterest and I just kind of worked with it and made it my own.

customized wedding dress

wedding updo

flower girl floral crown

50s inspired bridesmaid dresses in coral

vintage style wedding party

I picked three key pieces for decorating (flowers, mason jars, and the big bulb string lights) and stuck with those. I wanted to hang mason jars in trees with candles and when I saw my venue had trees in a circle surrounding the gazebo I knew it was perfect.

Being in such a beautiful venue, I did not want to take away from it by adding a bunch of unneeded decorations. Most all of my decorations I made (or my friends) and the others I purchased on Etsy. The whiskey barrels, lights, string flowers, the re-purposed chandelier, and the mason jars were all Pinterest inspired.

handmade wedding program fans

pinterest inspired wedding ceremony

rustic stump and floral aisle decor

thin leather groomsmen suspenders

saying i do

just married

From Spottswood Photography:
Lauren’s mother created one of the most beautiful wedding gowns we’ve had the pleasure of photographing. She took a simple strapless dress and worked her sewing magic to transform it into a piece of art. Incredible! The gentlemen looked dapper in their country summer wedding attire; leather suspenders and wingtips for the support team and a linen suit for the man of the hour.

photography by spottswood photography

linen suited groom look with coral tie

fresh faced bride

From the Bride:
I knew that I wanted my ceremony and reception in the same place, but I did not want the typical dinner reception. I also did not want my guests to have to find something to do while we were off taking pictures, which is why I wanted the lawn games. I wanted everyone to enjoy the day as much as I did.

Are you loving the great signage at Lauren and Jordan’s wedding? She made it herself with the help of her Dad and wedding coordinator! What a crafty lady!

customized chalkboard heart centerpiece

handmade wedding signage

keep your guests cool with flavored lemonade

popcorn station

polaroid guestbook

capture your guests smiles forever with a polaroid guestbook

With bee keeper family members on Lauren’s side, these wedding favors are perfect! Little “Meant to Bee” jars of honey, what a sweet way to say, thank you!

From Spottswood Photography:
Of course we couldn’t go without mentioning the dessert table over-flowing with decadent home made treats! The goodies were amazing to say the least. Chocolate chip cookies with an Oreo baked inside? Yes please!

shabby chic honey wedding favor table

chalkboard thank you sign and honey wedding favors

simple white wedding cake by the cheesecake store

cutting the cake

Photographer: Spottswood Photography
Venue & Flowers: Lammscapes Gardens
Cake: The Cheesecake Store
Dress Designer: Galina
Groom's Attire: Bachrach
Jewelry: Harry C. Glinberg Jewelrs
Officiant: Rev. Joseph Hanthorn
Shoe Designer: Jessica Simpson
Veil or Hair Accessories: David's Bridal
Men's Suspenders: Ebay
Cake Forks: Pretty Paris
Popcorn & Bags: Sam's Club
Event Designer: The Bride | Hair & Makeup: Friend | DJ: Musician Friends | Stationery: Family Friend | Prop or Furniture Rentals: Friend | Popcorn Machine: Friend

Comments

1. 0. @GayDerk says:

Pinterest Inspired Vintage Wedding http://t.co/J8x66cePkm via @WeddingChicks

2. 0. @sparesoles says:

RT @OldNewBorrowedB: #Wedding #Bride #Reception Pinterest Inspired Vintage Wedding http://t.co/xRlli8bEZZ

3. 0. addy says:

I love these bridesmaid dresses! Where did you get them?? So lovely!

4. 0. cindy says:

Love this, beautiful! Lammscapes is such a fun venue also. Thank you for sharing!

5. 0. Michael Berg says:

I love the pictures of this couple near the canoe- timeless!

6. 0. Devan Miller says:

I absolutely love your bridesmaids dresses! Where did you find those??

7. Love all the details!! Gorgeous images!!

8. 0. Lauren says:

My mom actually made all of my bridesmaids dresses. :)

9. 0. amanda says:

how old is this girl, seriously she looks 14 and so do all the girls yet the guys look like they are in 30′s at least, this is crazy

10. 0. Lovella Bridal says:

The bride’s natural look is so refreshing!

11. 0. Ann Nix says:

Where can the spouted beverage server with cork top be purchased?

12. 0. Tina says:

Hi! Where were the monogram coffee mugs purchased? I NEED them!:)

13. 0. Lauren says:

The mugs are from Anthro!!

14. 0. Jannelle says:

LOVE the vintage feel, and your bridesmaid dresses are gorgeous. You’re lucky your mom has sewing skills. Beautiful wedding.

15. 0. Jannelle says:

Hey Lauren, do you happen to know if your mom used a pattern, and if she did, which one she used? I am helping plan my sister’s wedding and it would be most helpful, because this dress style is FABULOUS.

16. 0. Sharon says:

You are the most beautiful bride I have seen in a long time. You’ve just proved what i have always believed, less is more. God bless your marriage.

17. 0. Lauren says:

Janelle, it was a pattern that I got from Joann’s a while ago to make myself a dress. I can’t remember what brand but it was a part of their “retro” patterns. We improvised the dress a little bit to suit what I wanted, but its essentially the same pattern. Thanks for the lovely comments ladies. :)

18. 0. M. says:

Beautiful wedding! Can you please tell me what fabric did you use for you bridesmaids’ dresses? I’m planning to buy fabric for my bridesmaids and I really want similar vintage style and I have no idea what kind of fabric would work well. Thank you in advance!

19. 0. Lauren says:

Well the dark coral was actually a sheet from Target. It was impossible to find coral fabric anywhere. I think two of the fabrics are broadcloth. A thicker cotton linen would be best. We had to put linings in the bodices of the dresses so you couldn’t see through it. They were also wearing hoop slips on the bottom.

20. 0. Cassie says:

What i don’t realize is in fact how you are not really a lot more
    smartly-preferred than you might be now. You’re very intelligent.
    You realize thus significantly in the case of this subject, produced me for my part imagine it from a
    lot of numerous angles. Its like women and men are not fascinated until it is one thing to accomplish with Woman gaga!
    Your personal stuffs great. All the time handle it up!

21. 0. 3 in 1 trike says:

Good post! We will be linking to this great article on our site.

Keep up the good writing.

22. 0. Wallace says:

It’s impressive that you are getting thoughts from this article as
    well as from our discussion made at this time.

23. 0. Alex says:

Where is the world did you find those beautiful wedding programs? I love the idea of having a fan program for an outdoor ceremony.

24. 0. berenice Hernandez says:

You had a Beautiful wedding. I Absolutely loved how everything was put
    together. And I love the honey jars as your favors. Where did
    you get them from? Very cute idea.

1. […] Be My Bridesmaid Stationery via Etsy.com| Bridesmaid Holding Bouquet Spottswood Photography via Wedding Chicks| Bridesmaids and Bride Under a Cherryblossom Tree Ten21 Photography via One Fab […]

2. […] Photography/Victoria Gomez via Style Me Pretty | 7- Spottswood Photography/Lammscapes Gardens via Wedding Chicks | 8- Carmen Santorelli/To La Lune/Plenty of Petals via 100 Layer Cake | 9- Angelsmith […]

3. […] {credits: Laura Murray Photography, a vintage affair + Matt Edge, Project Wedding + Jen Rodriquez, Weddingchicks + Fondly Forever Photography, Wedding Party + Spottswood Photography, Weddingchicks} […]

4. […] in pink SARA HASSTEDT via ELIZABETH ANNE DESIGNS / Groom in blue shirt SPOTSWOOD PHOTOGRAPHY via WEDDING CHICKS / Couple SARA HASSTEDT via ELIZABETH ANNE DESIGNS / Cake FLUFFY THOUGHTS, photo by ASTRID […]