Vintage DIY Wedding With Rustic Highlights

trendy bridal looks

Months ago, on the edge of a wharf in the harbor of Sydney, Australia Austen got down on one knee. In an instant, every childhood dream of Carissa’s came true. As Austen continued his studies abroad, Carissa was neck deep in everything lace, twine and jute. Her inspiration for her wedding came from her favorite childhood book: The Secret Garden. Little touches of rustic charm nicely compliment the vintage details found throughout this wedding.

Make sure to take a peek at the full gallery here to see all of the absolutely beautiful images Eden Day Photography captured of this vintage DIY wedding, you won’t regret it! Don’t take our word for it though, keep reading and see for yourself — starting with the super cute video edited by Pioneer Visual Designs that Carissa and Austen used for their invitations.

boho chic wedding

peach bridesmaid dresses

pink bridesmaid dresses

colorful wedding bouquet by L and S Design Co

wedding first look

blue groomsman ideas

fun wedding party image

We have to say that we love the wedding gown from Katie May. Elegant and modern all in one and oh so beautiful!

From the Bride:
I have always known I would not be a typical San Diego barefoot beachfront bride. As far back as I can remember, the inspiration for my own wedding came from the pages of my favorite childhood storybook, A Secret Garden. My vision was an open field, shady trees, twinkly lights, lots of wildflowers, and of course, my handsome groom! I hoped to create an environment that represented our relationship and who we are: youthful, romantic, creative, and so deeply in love.

bible guestbook ideas

programs in vintage suitcase

pick a seat sign

outdoor wedding ceremony

yay we're married!

Our search for a budget-conscious venue in San Diego that would accommodate 240+ guests led us to the most unexpected setting. Lions, Tigers & Bears is an animal rescue organization located in Alpine, California, with over 100 acres of natural unkempt landscaping. The open space of lush greenery became the canvas on which we designed and created our dream wedding.

vintage couch seating

rustic vintage outdoor seating area

cute rustic wedding sign

silhouette corn hole toss

fun photobooth ideas

Eleven months of painting, thrifting, refurbishing vintage furniture, and adding “personal touches” to just about everything quickly became a daunting task. Luckily for us, the immense amount of love and support we received from every family member, friend, and vendor, gave us the extra jolt we needed to complete our vision – and slowly pieces started coming together.

please be seeded escort card ideas

personalized wedding mason jars

reception head table ideas

fun rustic outdoor reception

wedding decor

table numbers

Everything from our video wedding invitation, ceramic table numbers, programs, fabric hoops, and every vintage trinket were a DIY embellishment that went into making our wedding, truly “ours.” The moment I stepped into my gown, I knew that the past eleven months of projecting and planning was all worth the effort. Our wedding day went by in a blink of an eye! The entirety of that day, up until the moment my gown was hung back up at the end of the night, was absolute perfection. I just simply wish I could DO IT AGAIN. It really was the best day of my life.

love is sweet dessert table

dessert table ideas

vintage wedding ideas

wedding dancing

wedding dancing

Photographer: Eden Day Photography
Event Designer & Prop or Furniture Rentals: Carissa Payan (The Bride) of ClothesPin Collection
Venue: Lions, Tigers & Bears
Makeup: Liz Dion Cosmetics
Cake: Flour Power Cakery
Cinematography: Filmed by Alex Carr & Edited by Pioneer Visual Designs
Dress Designer: Katie May
Flowers: L&S Design Co. & Designed Events
Officiant: Mike VanMeter of Foothills Christian Church
Shoe Designer: Brass Plum from Nordstrom
Veil or Hair Accessories: Mignonne Handmade
Prop or Furniture Rentals: Platinum Party Rents
Hair: Christine Abell | Caterer: Gaetano's Italian Restaurant | DJ: Jake Talcott (Family Friend) | Lighting: Pro Light Hangers | Stationery: The Groom | Groom's Attire: ASOS, Zara & Target

Read on to see how much this vintage DIY wedding cost. Please note that costs change as the years go by, and prices are subject to change. This is just one couple’s breakdown to give you a rough estimate on how much a wedding like this may cost you.

Guest Count: 230
Food: $3000.00 (Catering, Cake, Dessert bar, Candy bar, Drinks (no alcohol)
Photography: $2000.00
Venue: $500.00
Lights: $1300.00 (what they would have cost, but my dad traded some work for them so we got them for free!!)
Flowers: $550.00
Wedding Dress: $1200.00
Shoes & Headpiece: $120.00
Hair & Makeup: $375.00
Day of Coordinator: $400.00
Day of Servers: $250.00
Portable Restrooms: $800.00
Rentals: $1300.00 (Linens, chairs, some tables, plates)
DJ: $150.00
Invitations: $500.00
Décor: $2000.00
Total: $14,445.00

Comments

1. 0. Kimberly Prast says:

What an adorable wedding and couple! Absolutely love their style.

2. 0. @Wedding_Agent says:

Vintage DIY Wedding With Rustic Highlights http://t.co/lgDpoFh2Kq #weddings

3. That dress is so beautiful!!! What a lovely couple! The vintage decor is so dreamy to! Love it!

4. 0. @ClassicCrockery says:

love is sweet dessert table http://t.co/N4XnB9rgc9 http://t.co/KBuunApytR

5. 0. Kristine says:

Love all the details in this wedding. The bride looks so gorgeous in that Katie May gown.

6. 0. Carissa Payan says:

Thank you Wedding Chicks and Katie May Collection for the amazing post of my wedding! It has always been a dream for my very own wedding to be featured on such a lovely blog filled with the most amazing weddings around the world :) I am so happy to see the hardwork of myself and my husband and all our closest family members pulling of this DIY wedding so beautifully and for it to now be featured here! I can’t express how amazing the day was for us, really absolutely perfect for us!
    Carissa and Austen
    4.6.13

7. 0. @WiensWeddings says:

please be seeded escort card ideas http://t.co/tzlIAoRbPg http://t.co/5gZJhmxinY

8. 0. Crystal says:

Where are the “getting ready” rompers from?

9. 0. @CCPhillyPhotog says:

What a lovely gathering http://t.co/YF14kBVASD

10. 0. bostonbride says:

What type of food did she serve? I have the same amount of people and my catering quotes are coming in 5times that number :( I’d like to see some other options :)

11. 0. Abbie says:

Where did the bridesmaids find their dresses? They’re so perfect!!

12. 0. Raza Rizvi says:

Woowww, its such a beautiful dress :)

13. 0. Carissa Payan says:

Hi sweet brides to be! I am the bride featured in is post and would love to answer your questions!
    1. The bridesmaid getting ready romped were found at Foreve21 online! And the bride romper is from BHLDN
    2. My bridesmaids each picked out their own dresses and they are from all over (ASOS, Nordstrom, Esther, Tobi, etc)
    3. Gaetanos Italian catered our wedding and honestly it was DELICIOUS and we had tons leftover after. We did a banquet style service with: two options of salad (caesar or walnut berry salad) , bread and butter, and all kinds of different pastas (baked rigatoni, pesto, something cheesy, and other). It worked out perfectly! And really helped save money!

14. 0. Dana says:

Wow. Your wedding was perfection. This is everything I could dream of for my wedding. Would it be possible to get in touch so I can ask you more questions?

15. 0. Carissa Payan says:

Absolutely! Anyone can contact me at carissa@clothespincollection.co

16. This wedding is so gorgeous! I love the attention to detail and the care they have for their guests!

17. 0. @VillaisBySara says:

A vintage #Wedding full of amazing decor & details! http://t.co/4uskV34Cl3 @weddingchicks

18. 0. Amelie says:

Verry nice photobooth!! :)

19. 0. Sharon says:

I absolutely love this post. I’m also getting a Katie May gown which is how I came across this. How did you get a day of coordinator for such a good price? Any tips on searching for one?

20. 0. Laceye G says:

LOVE the vintage weddings! Beautiful! PLEASE, tell me where you got the bridesmaids dresses!

21. 0. Karisa says:

Your wedding was beautiful! May I ask how you got that dress for $1200? I’ve been looking for the same one but it is $3400 everywhere. Thank you!

22. 0. Carissa Payan says:

Hi! I’m the bride. My dress is by the designer Katie May. Look her up:) the dress when I got it was$1200. She has a lot more though now!

23. 0. Selma Martinez says:

I would love to know some tips on where to find a budget-friendly day of coordinator….Also I love you dress AMAZING, are you thinking of selling it?

24. 0. Victoria Haight says:

This wedding is absolutely lovely– I find myself coming back to it a lot for my upcoming nuptials in the end of July. I know a lot of people have commented on the bridesmaid dresses, but I was hoping to get a specific answer as to where the the soft peach pink dress is from. It is the one hanging next to the long sleeve dress in the close up picture & I believe the bridesmaid to the right of the bride is wearing it. My girls are doing mix-match peach/blush dresses and that one is absolutely adorable! I would love to know where I could look for it :)

25. 0. Alyssa soon to be Neri says:

Where is this wedding dress from?
    I have been searching for THE dress and this is the closest I have ever gotten!

26. 0. Linsey says:

This wedding is truly beautiful I’m in the beginning stages of booking my own vintage wedding and would love it to be as perfect as this one looks. Absolutely stunning , elegant and just …. Perfect

27. 0. edition names says:

Hello just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you
    know a few of the pictures aren’t loading correctly.

I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show
    the same results.

28. I am not sure where you’re getting your info, but good topic.

I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
    Thanks for excellent info I was looking for this info
    for my mission.

29. It’s remarkable to go to see this website and reading the views
    of all colleagues about this piece of writing, while I am also eager of getting
    familiarity.

30. I have read so many articles about the blogger lovers except this piece
    of writing is in fact a nice article, keep it up.

31. Hi there! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you
    if that would be okay. I’m undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

32. Helpful info. Fortunate me I discovered your website accidentally, and I’m stunned why this accident did not happened earlier!
    I bookmarked it.

33. 0. logan says:

Can anyone tell me where the rompers are from? I am looking for some for my bridesmaids!

1. […] post Vintage DIY Wedding With Rustic Highlights appeared first on The Wedding Chicks. The content in this post is for personal use only and may not […]

2. […] Colorful Seed Packet Escort Cards | Eden Day Photography via Wedding Chicks […]

3. […] Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 – source unknown, 6, 7, 8 – source unknown, 9, […]

4. […] Image Eden Day Photography via Wedding Chicks […]

5. […] and Dresses by Eden Day Photography {via Wedding Chicks} | Bouquet by Timwill Photography {via A Low Country Wedding} | Couple, Barn and Dessert Table by […]

6. […] Use a large bird cage to elevate your wedding cake. You can find the bird cage pictured below here. Photo from Wedding Chicks. […]

7. […] בחרו בפריט לבוש נוח לבוקר החתונה שיהיה לכן קל להסיר אותו. מתוך: wedding chicks […]