Modern Country Wedding Ideas

Murray Photography

We know you are going to love our next inspirational shoot. The entire day is filled to the brim with rustic touches, stunning florals, but also has a modern flair. Showing all of you lovely brides that country and modern can go hand in hand.

To pull off all these modern country wedding ideas, a group of Oregon wedding vendors got together to create all this prettiness. All captured at Lee Farms in Tualatin, Oregon. There are so many more fabulous photos to see in the full wedding gallery here, all beautifully captured by Oregon wedding photographers, Murray Photography.

navy and pink wedding invite by Three Fifteen Design

country wedding ideas

pink and orange wedding bouquet by Teagan Lee Milera Floral Design

groom ideas

wedding favor bags

From Jenni Bost of A Well Crafted Party:
Our favor bags would make really amazing wedding favors for a small wedding, or fabulous hotel gift bags for guests traveling in to attend the wedding. I chose a West Elm tote bag with the tagline “Make Life Wonderful.” I then added a few items that I felt would help make life just a little more wonderful. I added in a bar of great smelling soap from the West Elm Market section as well as a few local Oregon treats.

groom chair sign

bright floral arrangement

After finding out the color scheme and Ali’s goals for the photo-shoot I was excited about getting to source just the right mix of vintage and modern items for the sweetheart table, dessert table, and for the bride and groom. When I think modern tableware I immediately think of West Elm. We paired the clean lines of the West Elm elements with vintage rentals from local vendor Something Borrowed Portland Vintage Rentals.

To counteract the softness of the floral arrangements designed by Teagan Lee Milera Floral Design we used a modern and clean patterned fabric to create napkins, runners, and floral wraps in a navy blue and white.  We also made a nod to the farm venue by adding in fresh fruit elements to the table centerpiece and the dessert table. Fresh peaches and strawberries made for beautiful, and edible, decor elements.

simple escort card ideas

Groom's Attire: Baroni Super 150 Couture purchased at Well Suited
Prop or Furniture Rentals: Something Borrowed
Printer of Paper Goods: Rendered LLC
Tableware: West Elm
Desserts: La Provence
Wire Hanger: Deliziare

Comments

1. 0. Ali Murray says:

Thank you so much for featuring the very first styled shoot we have ever produced in partnership with a dream team of Oregon wedding vendors. I have been reading Wedding Chicks for years and it is a dream come true to be published among so many other top notch photographers on one of our favorite blogs. This shoot was dreamed up with WC in mind. We really can not thank you enough. xo, Ali

2. 0. @March27Designs says:

Florals to die for! @weddingchicks http://t.co/TBRh6iI26y

3. 0. @Wedding_Agent says:

Modern Country Wedding Ideas http://t.co/9Bv7gMczPx #weddings

4. 0. Carol McDonald says:

So pretty! I love the color combination! Very nicely done!

5. 0. Macey Snelson says:

BEAUTIFUL! The details, colors and elements are all exquisite! Wonderful event styling and gorgeous images. Well done!

6. 0. Ali OConnell says:

The whole concept of this wedding was perfect from start to finish. I love all the little details and thought out design. It is difficult to make a concept in your head a reality, and it seems like this concept was executed exactly as it was supposed to be. I especially love the gift tote idea with local items and the dessert table. Everything was so simple and welcoming while also having a modern edge. Well done.

7. 0. Jill says:

I love the surprise touches of navy and white! The goodie bags are my favorite – I love sharing local treasures with my out of town guests!

8. 0. @jennibost says:

Need to go cook dinner and work on so much. Instead I can’t stop looking at our photo shoot on @weddingchicks ! http://t.co/6ZeZYgVG2g

9. 0. Allison says:

Beautiful!! The colors are fantastic, and I really like the props and favor bag idea!

Keep it up!

(I’m in the P31 FB group!)

10. 0. Bee says:

So many talented professionals involved in this shoot! They would be a powerhouse to have booked for a wedding! I would have this exact setup if I could get married all over again:) gorgeous work all!

11. 0. Jenni says:

I loved everything about working on this photo shoot. Thanks so much for sharing it and to everyone who has taken the time to comment, share, and pin this work of love!

12. Wow. Just, wow. This shoot is amazing and I love the mix of rustic and modern, and the colors are fantastic! Gorgeous!!!!

13. 0. @AdvDressmaking says:

RT @pdxbloggers: So fab to see #portlandbloggers @jennibost and @murrayphotopdx’s work in this gorgeous shoot on @weddingchicks today! http…

14. 0. luby says:

Adorable gift bags! Everything in them will be used then you have a reusable bag! Love it.

15. 0. @TheSpicyBee says:

RT @weddingchicks: Modern meets country! @murrayphotopdx @jennibost @RavynStadick @getrendered @LeeFarms @jessicabelknap @westelm http://t.…

16. 0. Julie says:

I love the colors! The ranunculus are playful and perfect, and I love the rich red strawberries. Great ideas! -thanks!

17. 0. @dishyevents says:

18. 0. @jennibost says:

RT @dishyevents: Planning a country wedding but still wanting to keep it modern? Check this out for inspiration! http://t.co/8ad6xPSWf1

19. 0. Alicia Mae says:

Absolutely gorgeous. I love the bright-happy pops of color! fantastic job!

20. 0. Crystal A. says:

I love the pretty flowers in this!

21. 0. Pech says:

Cannot gush enough about how beautiful this is, I love the soft romantic rustic feel balanced out by the modern sharp touches of that fabric, and the colors, all the colors of the bouquet and the fruit tarts!

22. 0. Alexandra says:

I need help with table country decorations as soon as possible before march 29th

23. 0. Roberto says:

I alll the time սsed to study paragraph in news papers Ƅut nߋw aѕ Ӏ am a user
    of weeb thuѕ from now I am using net foor articles, thaոks to web.

1. [...] so thrilled to see the Modern Country Wedding Styled Shoot that I worked on a few months ago featured on The Wedding Chicks today! I loved everything about [...]

2. [...] team of creatives for a styled shoot here in Oregon. Today, the shoot has been featured over on Wedding Chicks. If you have a few minutes, you should head over to Wedding Chicks to get lost in the feature [...]

3. [...] you haven’t seen the photos yet then you NEED to jump on over to Wedding Chicks to see the featured styled shoot. Ali’s photos are gorgeous, the bride and groom are beautiful, the flowers outrageous, the [...]