Santa Barbara, Elings Park Wedding

Ohana Photographers

Kyle and Piper love being outdoors so their wedding was appropriately outside at Elings Park, Santa Barbara, CA. This spectacular venue has views of the Santa Barbara mountains sloping into the Pacific Ocean.

Besides the breathtaking views, their wedding was filled to the brim with handmade details, including vintage containers overflowing with hand-cultivated succulents. Love it! Read on to hear more about this Santa Barbara, Elings Park Wedding and of course see all the photos in the full gallery captured by Ohana Photographers. Read on to hear an exact budget breakdown from Piper. She not only looks fabulous in her tea-length lace wedding dress, she is also a fantastic list maker.

green wedding shoes and vintage hankies

strapless tea length wedding gown paired with bird cage veil

button covered bouquet wrap

succulent wedding bouquet

groom wedding style

groomsman and bridesmaid ideas

bride and groom style

On Their Wedding Attire:
Piper had a super cute, short, lacy wedding dress with pockets. Her wedding look and feel was finished off with teal suede shoes, a bird cage veil, and an adorable little succulent bouquet with a button wrapped bouquet wrap. Kyle, the groom wore a very sharp looking grey pinstriped suit with a bow tie, grey argyle socks, brown wingtips, and a succulent boutonniere, and a grey fedora to top it all off.
Piper’s bridesmaids wore strapless grey dresses. Kyle’s groomsmen wore grey pants, white button up shirts, bow ties, and opted to ditch the vests and suit jackets.

Santa Barbara wedding

gray bridesmaid dresses

green wedding shoes and a tea length dress

On The Venue / Reception:
The reception that followed was on a huge deck surrounded by oak trees. The view of the Santa Barbara mountains sloping into the Pacific Ocean was absolutely beautiful. Piper felt that it was a good decision to splurge on the venue (and incurred expenses by using a place that needed rentals), which they absolutely fell in love with the moment they laid eyes on it.

The string-light lit reception deck, was filled with tables that were all slightly decorated differently. They each had centerpieces with vintage vases, lots of milk glass that were all  filled with succulents that were cultivated by the bride and her mom from cuttings to save on money. Super cute mini mason jar candle votives, hand stenciled burlap table runners, and bright orange cloth napkins.

succulent wedding ideas

oragami wedding favors

succulent wedding decor

succulent centerpieces

cute bride and groom wedding style

Instead of a traditional wedding cake, Piper and Kyle served pies of all flavors. There was a whole table full of them, and each one was lovingly hand-made by their family and friends. We love this idea, especially if you are cutting it close to your budget you can ask family and friends to pitch in and bake a pie.

vintage get away car

Groom’s Attire: Men’s Wearhouse
Shoe Designer: Ivanka Trump
Prop or Furniture Rentals: The Tent Merchant
Photo Booth: My Flash Booth
Wet Plate Portrait: Lindsey Ross
Makeup: Dessiree at D.M.H. | Venue: Elings Park, Santa Barbara, CA

Read on to see how much this heart themed wedding costs. Please note that costs change as the years go by, and prices are subject to change. Please do not use this guide to barter with vendors.  This is just one couple’s breakdown to give you a rough estimate on how much a wedding like this may cost you. Read more to find out how much this Santa Barbara, Elings Park Wedding cost. (more…)

Comments

1. What a gorgeous outdoor wedding! Loving all the handmade touches…especially the pie table with homemade pies! :]

2. I love all of the handmade touches in this wedding. The scenery is gorgeous. Every little detail really shows the personality of the bride and groom! Thank you for sharing!

3. I really love all the personal touches to this wedding. The table runners are great with their centerpieces and the checkered bow ties with the brides unique but shorter dress go perfectly. Everything is so unique and shows off so much of the brides and grooms personality.

4. 0. @danettedillon says:

Love this wedding from @weddingchicks!

5. Such a beautiful unique wedding! I love the different bursts of colour!

Congratulations to the lovely couple!!!

6. 0. @ohanaphoto says:

stoked about the feature on @weddingchicks thanks jocey and amy! http://t.co/helbJE92SI

7. 0. Angel says:

What a fantastic wedding!!! I think I’m gonna have to borrow some of those ideas! Ok, I can’t comment on everything I love, but I’ll highlight a few…First I have to comment on the wedding dress…LOVE it!!! I want it want it want it!!! Second, the venue is beautiful! Nature, the outdoors, the view! Wonderful! Third, the seating tags (what are those things called? Memories of my younger days! :-)) and all the table decorations…so clever, cute, and perfect! Lastly,but certainly not least…the photos! Absolutely gorgeous! They really captured the fun, the happiness, the love in every shot! You will definitely be able to relive every moment of that day through these photos! Congratulations on a beautiful wedding! :-)

8. I totally love the bowties! Beautiful, beautiful wedding. :)

9. 0. Melissa says:

These photos are simply stunning! I love the one in the car and the one with the green tree! The idea of having pie served at the reception is genius it’s so warm and fun and unique! Congrats to the very happy couple!

10. 0. Patricia says:

Just came across these gorgeous pictures. What a great looking couple! Love how romantic these look. The setting, the clothes. The bride looks beautiful. I love her dress. They look so happy and in love. Very classic. It’s like stepping back in time. I wish my wedding pictures were half as good as these, because they will forever capture this moment.

11. 0. Kris says:

Obsessing over all the succulent details, gorg!

12. 0. @MagnetStreetWed says:

Swoon! So fantastic! Santa Barbara Elings Park Wedding http://t.co/02gqYxakos from @Weddingchicks

13. 0. svatba says:

Your means of explaining everything in this piece of writing is really pleasant, all can without difficulty be aware
    of it, Thanks a lot.

14. 0. @shabbyscraplife says:

Elings Park Wedding http://t.co/2NZ7ItulF7

15. Hi everyone, it’s my first go to see at this website, and post is really fruitful designed for me, keep up posting these posts.

16. May I just say what a relief to discover an individual who really understands what they are
    talking about on the web. You definitely understand how to bring a problem
    to light and make it important. More and more people need to look at this
    and understand this side of your story. It’s surprising you are not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

17. 0. Susan says:

GORGEOUS!!! Love everything about this wedding!

18. 0. Shannon says:

Wow wow wow! Love the incredible details, and I’m obsessed with her dress! Gorgeous pics, really captured the fun and individuality of this couple. Many congrats to the beautiful couple!

19. Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve visited your blog before but after looking at many of the posts I realized it’s
    new to me. Nonetheless, I’m certainly delighted I came across it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back
    often!

20. If some one desires to be updated with latest technologies after that he must be visit this site and
    be up to date every day.

21. 0. 8mr says:

I have read so many articles about the blogger lovers except this paragraph is truly a pleasant article, keep it up.

22. 0. taif map says:

Very good info. Lucky me I ran across your blog by chance (stumbleupon).
    I have bookmarked it for later!

23. An outstanding share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a coworker who has been doing a little homework on this. And he actually bought me dinner due to the fact that I found it for him… lol. So let me reword this…. Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending some time to talk about this matter here on your website.

24. 0. bethany says:

This bride’s dress is amazing!!! Love all the details! Wonderfully captured!

25. 0. angel says:

My goodness this wedding is amazing start to finish! Gorgeous bride! I ADORE her dress!!! amazing moments captured of a gorgeous wedding! Congrats to the beautiful couple!

26. 0. mae says:

So Beautiful! The Bride is gorgeous (I am obsessed with her dress) and the photography is absolutely stunning!

27. 0. sharolyn says:

Gorgeous pictures of a beautiful wedding! The bride is stunning and her attention to detail is apparent! What a classic Santa Barbara affair!

28. 0. hannah says:

simply gorgeous!

29. 0. cambria says:

OMG gorgeous wedding beautifully photographed! I am absolutely in LOVE with her dress! Everything here is just perfect!