New Jersey Prallsville Mills Wedding

Pat Furey Photgraphy

Bryan and Meg were together for seven years before their wedding and only had an eighth month engagement. They didn’t want to wait much longer to get married, but also didn’t leave much time for two artists to plan and create their wedding of their dreams. Read on to hear their budget breakdown.

Luckily, a small army of parents, friends, brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins and Grandmas were ready, able and willing to help create this beautiful New Jersey Prallsville Mills Wedding. Read on to hear more from Meg, and see all the beautiful photos in the full gallery here. Artistically captured by one of our favorite New Jersey wedding photographers Pat Furey Photography.

Pat Furey Photgraphy

brooch wedding bouquet

black bridesmaid dresses by Wtoo

Their ceremony was conveniently enough, only 30 minutes away from their Alma Mater, where they could have a Catholic ceremony on campus. We often get asked what is an acceptable distance from ceremony to reception and we would say that 30 minutes is totally doable.

chalkboard wedding signs

wedding ceremony

streamer wedding exit

What Meg Would Have Done Differently:
For the most part, the day was wonderful and everyone had a great time. The only thing I wish I had differently was planned the schedule better. Since this was such a DIY event with a non-traditional venue, I didn’t have anyone helping me set a timeline for the day. I did the best I could but everything until after dinner felt rushed. I wish I had just bit the bullet and shelled out for, at the very least, a day of coordinator.

groom wedding style

On The Reception:
The reception location lent itself nicely towards the rustic styling to which we were already leaning, so we really went to town making nearly all the decorations: mini topiary place-cards, moss covered monograms, herb themed tables with hand painted signs, a botanical print guest book with custom made wood cover, tree slice chalkboard signs, twinkle light wrapped grapevine garland, seed packet escort cards, vintage bottle garden stakes to line the canal. At this point – I almost struggle to remember all the projects!

guest book sign

wedding card bunting sign

find your seat tree signs

herb tin cans used as table numbers

Advice For Other Brides & Grooms:
My advice to brides and grooms is to not listen to everyone telling you to stop stressing about the details. I hated when people did that. The details are important and they will make your wedding more unique than you could have ever imagined – and people WILL notice them! There were so many more projects that I had planned and didn’t get to, but I am so grateful that my friends and family agreed to help me work so hard on getting as many as we did completed.

place card ideas

rustic wedding decor ideas

unique table decor ideas

What wasn’t handmade by us, we tried to get handmade by others. All our flowers were arranged by my incredibly talented college roommate. Our amazing video was shot by another college friend, Louis, and his (now!!!) wife, Oriana. The paper cake topper and beaded sash were purchased from Etsy. My mother even lovingly figured out how to make me a brooch bouquet (on top of helping with nearly every other project as well).

kid table decor ideas

wedding dancing

Be sure to check out Meg and Bryan’s wedding flim captured by Atlantica Pictures. As we have said many times before we love seeing all the details and love seeing them come together in real life.

View Entire Gallery

Brides Ring: Satomi Kawakita
Grooms Ring: Metalicious
Cake Topper: Concarta
Sash: Millie ICARO
Bridesmaids Dresses: Wtoo
Makeup: Nikki DiGuglielmo | Stationery: Invitations by Meg McGrath Vaccaro

Read on to see how much this New Jersey Prallsville Mills Wedding wedding costs. Please note that costs change as the years go by, and prices are subject to change. This is just one couples breakdown to give you a rough estimate on how much a wedding like this may cost you. (more…)

Comments

1. 0. pat furey says:

as always, thanks for the feature. had a lot of fun telling the story of this wedding.

2. Wow – what a lovely and unique wedding!

I love the bursts of colour!! So fun! :)

Congrats to the gorgeous couple… x

3. 0. @weddingchicks says:

4. 0. @patfurey says:

RT @weddingchicks: The most AMAZING tables in this Prallsville Mills Wedding @patfurey @atlanticaNYC @sugartownindust @imanahairstudio http://t.co/0fD3ChgWPt

5. 0. Melissa says:

Beautiful wedding! I was wondering the name of the botanical garden book that you used for the guest book is? I’m getting married at the botanical gardens and like the idea of using that as a guest book! Thanks!!

6. 0. @dovely says:

7. Gorgeous wedding and images!! Love it!

8. 0. @ladycrumbcake says:

I DJed this gorgeous wedding & it’s featured on The Wedding Chicks site! #weddingchicks #sugartownindustries http://t.co/dOaoj1Ijwb

9. 0. Tailored Engagements says:

Loved everything about this wedding. The color scheme is awesome. I’m obsessed with the brides bouquet!

10. Gorgeous, gorgeous pics… congrats xoxo

11. 0. @sugartownindust says:

Check out these gorgeous pics shot by Pat Furey Photography featured on The Wedding Chicks (Sugartown provided… http://t.co/XEzvR8WzHn

12. 0. @WedWeekly says:

Is That Real Diamonds in this Blinging Brooch Bouquet? http://t.co/Cj33jGr7RA @weddingchicks #WW_RealWeddings

13. 0. Meg McGrath Vaccaro says:

@Melissa – We made that book ourselves out of loose pages from botanical print books which are easy enough to find on Amazon. If you don’t want to do your own binding etc, I suggest using the book: The Art of Instruction. But beware – there are a lot of bug studies in that one :)

14. 0. Stephanie says:

What a beautiful wedding day! Meg and Bryan were amazing to work with, it was an honor to make Bryan’s ring. Best wishes to the happy couple!

15. 0. Joe says:

Hey, what photo booth provider did you use?

16. 0. Meg says:

@Joe – Tom, a friend of ours, did the photography for our homemade photobooth. You can see the photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dovelybee/sets/72157631533616305/

You can contact Tom here: tm.marasco at gmail.com He may be willing to shoot your wedding too.

17. 0. Alexandra says:

This wedding was truly gorgeous!!! I am looking into this venue for my wedding next year and was wondering if there is any other advice that can be offered….. I fear I may not be quite as crafty as this beautiful bride.

18. 0. Amanda says:

Beautiful wedding! I am looking into this venue and was wondering how many guests you had? I know they say the max is 150, just wondering in terms of comfort how many can/should fit!

19. 0. Meg says:

@Amanda – We had about 135 when it came to the day of, and that was tight. We actually had a minor crisis about this venue because we were going on the probability that we could get our guest list to 150 but wanted to know what non-tent options were if we went over. They promised we could sit 150 (but had no floorplans to prove it) and their solution for 150+ was cocktail/station reception. We were really open to that idea but when we finally saw the floorplan for that – it was just a buffet with tables and chairs on three floors – not at all a station style event. Luckily the expect regrets came through and a bunch of friends decided not to bring +1s so we were able to throw together a sit down dinner 3 weeks before the wedding. If you are going to have more than 135 guests, I recommend a tent. Feel free to email me if you have any more questions!

20. I just couldn’t depart your website before suggesting that I actually loved the usual information a person provide to your guests? Is gonna be again frequently in order to investigate cross-check new posts

21. 0. cassandra says:

I’m in love with venue. I’m so curious to know the avg cost to cater a wedding of around 140ppl there.

22. 0. ugg sale says:

She knows I desire to shag her hard.

23. As with any service related business, accurate
    job costing and an appropriate pricing matrix are
    critical tools for the air conditioning contractor.

It is one of the most significant stars that we are able to observe, and just might
    be getting a whole lot more interesting soon. A Lynbrook man ‘ who prosecutors said
    was acting as an unlicensed contractor ‘ was arrested Tuesday on larceny
    and fraud charges for allegedly taking deposits to repair
    homes damaged by Superstorm Sandy and not completing
    the jobs, the Nassau County DA’s office said.

1. [...] post New Jersey Prallsville Mills Wedding appeared first on The Wedding Chicks. The content in this post is for personal use only and may not [...]

2. […] Stand Tall Design | Green Wedding Shoes | Wedding Chicks […]