Wedding_chicks_1kb

Colorful Fiesta Inspired Wedding

Today we are all about the Mexican fiesta. To start things off right, we have Jorge and Lindsey’s colorful wedding filled with tons of diy elements infused with Mexican details.  The groom, Jorge, is actually from Mexico The couple spent a ton of time down there, it seemed only natural to bring that vibrant fun, fiesta feeling to their Toronto wedding.

Read on to hear more about their wedding from Lindsey. As always there are a ton more details in the full gallery that you can peruse here. All captured by Toronto wedding photographer Jennifer Ballard Photography.

From The Bride:
Right from the beginning, I wanted to have a colorful wedding filled with tons of DIY elements that really made it personal. My husband, Jorge, is from Mexico and we spent two and a half years living apart where I spent a lot of time going back and forth to beautiful, sunny Mexico. We wanted to bring a vibrant, fun, “fiesta” feel to our Caledon (1 hour north of Toronto) wedding.

During our time in Mexico, we slowly collected the paper stars that we hung from the tent ceiling as well as the maracas we used to tie behind each chair. The Mariachi band was a must-have to bring out the amazing cultural tunes that we love and the Churro station provided a little delicious taste of Mexico.

After finding the perfect, lace Enzoani dress, choosing the rest of our vendors was the next challenge. Luckily, they all turned out to be incredible! Rachel A. Clingen the PERFECT decor company, really brought our vision to life, without going too overboard (we wanted tasteful, not tacky).

Our incredible photographer, Jennifer Ballard Photography, was able to successfully capture every detail of our fiesta-inspired wedding, from our hand picked, blue and white centerpiece vases, to our fun DIY chalk menu, to our homemade signs and seating chart. Our first dance was to the Brian Adams classic “Have you ever loved a woman?” which was performed by my dad’s band with him on guitar. Every detail was carefully thought-out and proved to be worth every moment spent on it. The wedding was everything we could have ever dreamed and more.

Be sure to check out George and Lindsay’s wedding from Toronto and Ontario, Canada film makers One 2 Photography + Film

View Entire Gallery

Flowers: Rachel A. Clingen
Officiant: Kettle Creek Weddings
Live Music: Duo Somluso
Mariachi: Viva Mexico Mariachi
Churros: Panchos Bakery
Stationery: The Bride

Comments

1. 0. @one2photography says:

Lindsey & Jorge’s wedding featured on Wedding Chicks – scroll to the bottom to see our video! :) http://t.co/YaWqcYuk

2. 0. @one2photography says:

Lindsey & Jorge’s wedding featured on Wedding Chicks – scroll to the bottom to see our video! :) http://t.co/2FilFSyu

3. 0. Jennifer Ballard says:

Thank you so much for the lovely feature! xoxo

4. 0. @weddingchicks says:

5. 0. @Little_JEM says:

Hey @fairefroufrou apparently someone beat us to the fiesta wedding punch on @weddingchicks http://t.co/2ggge9kL

6. The colors used are so beautiful! The photos are awesome. Congrats to the couple!

7. 0. Bridgette Clarkston says:

Gorgeous wedding! So lively and colourful. And those are some stunning photographs, Jennifer Ballard! Love the way you captured all the little details.

8. 0. @lianyewest says:

yAY MY SISTER’S WEDDING WAS FEATURED ON WEDDING CHICKS MOTHER OF GOD http://t.co/wlZDrIxS via @po_st

9. Agh! Love it! I’m so excited, I absolutely love the colors. :’)
    Was so excited about this post, I had to repost it on my blog! Full credits are given. I absolutely love it! <3

10. You can’t imagine how unbelievably excited I am to see our very own wedding featured on this site! I absolutely love it! I hope it can inspire others to have fun with their own weddings! xoxoxo

11. 0. @WeddingDates says:

Loving the bright colours throughout this Mexcian style fiesta wedding! http://t.co/pkFEiH5D

12. 0. @one2photography says:

RT @weddingchicks: How much do you love a fun and colorful wedding? @jenballardphoto @rachelaclingen @_Enzoani @MIXXCosmetics http://t.co/3mK7AbeO

13. 0. Lauren says:

I love the bright purple bridesmaid dresses, where did you get them?? What is the name of the dress?

14. 0. Lara Clements says:

I was wondering where you got and who made your purple bridesmaids dresses! I’m in love with the darker purple with the bright flowers. My wedding will be on a beach and purple and bright is my favorite color.

15. Pretty! This has been an extremely wonderful article.
    Thanks for supplying these details.

16. 0. Ali says:

your wedding was beautiful! I love the colors and how everything came together. I was wondering where the bridesmaids dresses are from. Such a gorgeous color and style.