PPS-FW14-SIG-550X430A

Stylish Ideas For The Groom

The rest of this week we are going to share a few trends that we think we be sticking around and a few that we feel will be newcomers on the scene. To begin our 2013 trend report, we have a man-of-the-hour that will make all of this happen. The Groom! Far gone are days of the rental suit. Today’s groom is all about style, individuality and the ability to look just as fabulous as you.

A  traditional navy or dark blue is not an absolute must if your groom wants to wear a blue suit, he should go for it! Designers are coming out with shades that are lighter and brighter. A cheeky fun tie could easily be incorporated into this look. Your groom would look dapper in the above sapphire blue suite captured by Brian K Minski.

Mismatched Prints
Seriously how fabulous does the groom above look in his seer sucker suit mixed with gingham bow tie? Mixing patters isn’t hard at all, you just want to be sure that your  groom’s finished look does not look like he got dressed in the dark. Simply stay in the same color family and hue. The groom above went for softer shades and complimentary colors, and he could not look any better. Captured by David Newkirk.

Suspenders
Suspenders are making a major come back with the groom and his men. Ryan Reynolds even had custom leather suspenders made for his wedding with Blake Lively. A few tips to remember for your groom is to be sure that they match his suit color, and if he decides to go with a patterned pair be sure that the rest of the outfit is monochromatic. A great example would be the groom and his men above all – keeping it all in the gray family. Captured by Jennifer Sosa. You can see the whole wedding here.

Pop of Color
This look also applies to the mismatched look above, but with a brighter statement. If your groom loves a little pop of color then tell him not to hold back. We adore the whimsical groom above in a red and white gingham number with a floral bow tie. This has fun written all over it. Our only advice is to be sure to match his POC with the color palette of the wedding. This fun and cheeky groom was captured by Lauren Piper.

Velvet Suits
Lush velvet has taken over our skinny jeans and now men’s suits. Turning a traditional suit into something fancy that you can’t keep your hands off. Elizabeth Messina captured this dapper young fellow above in this extraordinarily special suit. Buy a similar one at ASOS here. Might be a little warm for summer outfits, but perfect for your up and coming fall or winter wedding.

Affordable Tuxedos
A tuxedo always looks great, but usually comes with a super expensive price tag, if your groom wants to have that timeless look with a modern spin, Top Shop has a collection of modern cuts for a younger, fashionable market that we think you will love. How dapper does the groom look below? Captured by Jose Villa.

Skinny Ties
Black skinny ties look fabulous in  slimmer fitting suits, and we definitely can see a ton of grooms keeping this trend going. Looking stylish, timeless and elegant all in the same moment. We have been seeing grooms in slimmer suits, so naturally a slimmer tie would be more appropriate.  Returning to the  the ’50s and ’60s when many rocked the black skinny tie. In fact their is an entire web site dedicated to simply to Skinny Ties. Captured by Erich Mcvey.

Comments

1. 0. @weddingchicks says:

oh, hello fellas ….. http://t.co/d6eF2ghT

2. 0. @Brides365 says:

A 2013 #trend report for #grooms! Say goodbye to rented suits – it’s the year of individuality! Thanks @weddingchicks! http://t.co/IvrYlGb1

3. 0. Jennifer says:

Looks to me as there are so many awesome, fun designs to choose from. I love them all so much, but if I had to pick my favorite I would choose a fun mismatched theme! You could do so much with your bridesmaids and flowers to make an unforgettable Spring or Summer wedding.

4. 0. @BelenMoreno says:

Ideas de estilismos para @JavierGuinot aunque creo que le gustan más los uniformes del S. XIX http://t.co/bRfe9gjf

5. 0. Michelle says:

Great to see so many different looks for grooms. Hubby and I had quite a traditional wedding but he did wear a pair of zebra print shoes. I think the photographer took more pics of his feet than of me :)

6. 0. @CuriousWedding says:

RT @weddingchicks: oh, hello fellas ….. http://t.co/d6eF2ghT

7. 0. @christinaevents says:

2013 trends for your groom http://t.co/Ns7eauhY via @po_st

8. 0. @WedWeekly says:

Gotta love Groom Style. http://t.co/fnON6lQ8 @WeddingChicks #WW_Ideas

9. These are some seriously dapper grooms! I am gonna forward this to my fiancé :) The first navy tailored suit is my favorite!

10. 0. @WeddingDates says:

Are any of our grooms feeling adventurous when it comes to their wedding attire? Perhaps this will inspire you! http://t.co/b3hyYOWv

11. 0. David says:

This page will help to deliver speech in my son marriage.I will use and syncronize this page.This information can help me a lot! I love them all pics.

12. 0. Jennifer says:

Do you have a source for the blue suit or the designer? My groom really likes it! Thanks.

13. 0. Sergio Aparicio says:

Sergio esto es lo Nuevo!

14. 0. Paul says:

Hi
    Where can I purchase the first suit????

15. 0. Will says:

I like the blue fabric in the first pic!

16. 0. jayant das says:

its an amazing piece to look and experience

17. 0. Christine says:

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital
    to assert that I get actually loved account your
    weblog posts. Any way I will be subscribing on your feeds and even I achievement you get entry to consistently fast.

18. 0. dive watches says:

An impressive share, I simply given this
    onto a colleague who was doing a little bit analysis on this.
    And he in truth bought me breakfast as a result of I discovered
    it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat!
    However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it
    and love studying extra on this topic. If possible, as you
    change into experience, would you thoughts updating
    your blog with extra details? It is extremely helpful for me.
    Massive thumb up for this blog put up!

19. 0. Bridal Gowns says:

I know this web page offers quality based articles and other stuff, is there any other
    website which gives these information in quality?

20. I would like to thnkx for the efforts you have put in writing this web site.
    I am hoping the same high-grade web site post from you in the
    upcoming as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my
    own blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly.
    Your write up is a great example of it.

1. [...] post Stylish Ideas For The Groom appeared first on The Wedding [...]

2. [...] Grace and Every Last Detail (via Glamour & Grace) / Dapper groom: Photo by Lauren Piper (via Wedding Chicks) / Escort cards > Photo by Meg Smith Photography, styling by Ariella Chezar (via Snippet & [...]

3. […] traditional black rental tux. Go for a custom tailored suit that looks as crisp as anything rented. Think beyond black and navy, too. If he’s into a brighter color (or pinstripes!), go for it! Just make sure it coordinates with […]

4. […] credits (top to bottom, left to right): 1- David Newkirk via Wedding Chicks; 2- Chris Lang Photography; 3- Jon Stars via Boho Weddings; 4- The McCartneys Photography via […]

5. […] Photo by Lauren Piper via The Wedding Chicks. […]