PPS-FW14-SIG-550X430A

Texas Destination Wedding At Vista West Ranch

Texas does not seem like a typical place for a couple from San Diego to venture for their destination wedding, but Erin and Ryan had a few great reasons. She has a ton of family there and that’s where Ryan went to college – so it seemed like the perfect place for their authentic Texas wedding.

This down home extravaganza came with all the trimmings – a fabulously large rustic barn, weather-worn wooden farm tables, and of course a good ‘ol Texas B-B-Q.  Erin goes into full details on the entire day, and shares her budget break down for their Texas wedding at Vista West Ranch. You can see more images from Texas wedding photographer, Nicole Chatham Photography in the full gallery.

Details:
Many of my ideas started with something that I found on Pinterest, i.e. bridesmaid dresses being in different colors (following an autumn palette I determined after visiting a paint store and selected color samples which worked together nicely).  My sister/matron-of-honor’s navy/white stripe inclusion was due to my love for navy/white stripes.

But of course, with my sister’s pregnancy, it required the purchase of several navy/white stripe dresses for the best “wedding-day” fit.   Converse shoes for groomsmen and ring bearers; Mismatched groomsmen ties in different navy/white patterns- stripes, polka dots & plaid.  Ring bearers signs (even though only one ring bearer could make it down the aisle, the other decided to be wedding road kill as he laid face down in the aisle), seating cards with kraft paper & navy/white striped washi tape on twine with a clothes pins and framed table numbers to incorporate my navy/white stripe theme.

But upon visiting prior to the wedding my high expectations were surprisingly exceeded.  From the VWR signs that greet you onto the property to the fabulously, large rustic barn, to the beautiful trees that frame the ceremony arbor to the old vintage cars on property – the perfect scene was set for my dream wedding at Vista West Ranch.

On the reception:
Good ‘ol Texas B-B-Q from Pok-e-Joes- best pork ribs we have ever had! The Cupcake Bar replaced the traditional wedding cake where everyone could decorate their own cupcake with their choice of toppings.   Ryan and I cut a monogrammed mini cake that my sister made for us.  Beverages: Beer, wine and signature St. Germain cocktails and sangria served in mason jars with navy striped straws.

Regrets :
I wish we would have known to invite even more people than we did as last minute there were many back-outs due to it being a destination wedding.  There were many extended family members and friends that I felt badly about not being able to include.

What you did right:
Choosing a Sunday wedding.  Though October is traditionally one of the best months (weather-wise) in Texas, there are no guarantees.  Originally I would have preferred a Saturday wedding, but we lucked out with our 2nd choice.  We went through Saturday’s rehearsal in the rain, awoke to rain Sunday morning but were blessed with one of Texas’ most beautifully perfect days.

View Entire Gallery
Photographer: Nicole Chatham Photography
Venue: Vista West Ranch
Cake: Cupcake Bar
Caterer: Pok-e-Joe’s
Coordinator: Casey with Coordinate This
Stationery: MJ Paperie
DJ: Complete Music
Dress Designer: M bride (La Jolla)
Flowers: Petal Pushers
Groom’s Attire: Burberry
Lighting: FILO
Shoe Designer: Christian Louboutin
Groomsmen Attire: Men’s Warehouse
Groom’s and Groomsmen Shoes: Converse

(more…)

Comments

1. Love the details!

2. 0. @weddingchicks says:

Super cute wedding with a dash of stripes! @vistawestranch @ThePetalPusher @coordinate_this @TheCupcakeBar_ http://t.co/tqjDISVT

3. 0. Jen says:

Stunning. Simply Stunning. http://www.chapter16.co.uk love this!!

4. 0. Nicole Chatham says:

Thank you Wedding Chicks for featuring Ryan and Erin’s gorgeous wedding! So excited to see their feature!

5. 0. Jennifer Ballard says:

Love it! I adore all the different bridesmaids dresses! Gorgeous bouquets!

6. I love everything about this wedding! The details are great and the use of color is amazing.

7. 0. @vistawestranch says:

Congratulations Erin and Ryan!!! Thank you Wedding Chicks for showing off the beautiful photos captured by Nicole… http://t.co/CpKFqrZj

8. 0. kathryn says:

This wedding was picture perfect! I was lucky enough to have attended as the matron of honor :) My sister thought of every last detail and was in no way a “bridezilla” throughout the process. The pictures really captured the beauty of the day, but attending the wedding was like we were all in a movie. The BBQ dinner was spectacular, the cup cake bar was genious and delicious, and the small details Erin thought of were placed all over the venue that really personalized this venue into “Erin and Ryan’s Wedding for the day!” What a wonderful day and wonderful couple!

9. Thanks you Wedding Chicks for posting this great wedding! Erin actually found us on Pinterest as well as all the other cool stuff she found to make her big day happen. She booked us without even coming to the venue to see it she just knew that it was the place! I wish you the best and please keep in touch :)

10. 0. Ed Devereaux says:

Lovely images and great location. Well done.

11. Love the stripes! Such a cute and fun detail :). Gorgeous wedding!

12. 0. @WeddingDates says:

Bright coloured bouquets and groomsmen in cons added a fun feel to this wedding in Texas! http://t.co/iwTbOTJD

13. 0. @ThePetalPusher says:

Thank you http://t.co/eA2GNnzn for sharing Nicole Chatham Photography’s gorgeous photos of Erin and Ryan’s… http://t.co/erna3ufa

14. 0. stephanie says:

i love the draping!! what kind of fabric is that?

15. 0. Joe and the Vista West Ranch Team says:

Stephanie,

The curtains are Burlap :)

16. 0. Tara Howarth says:

Does anyone know where the navy and white stripped ties are from the right top corner one?

1. [...] post Texas Destination Wedding At Vista West Ranch appeared first on The Wedding [...]

2. [...] I am over the moon that Ryan and Erin’s gorgeous wedding is featured today on Wedding Chicks!  This is a wedding blog that I have followed for a long time, so when I found out that their wedding was going to be featured, I was ecstatic!  Congratulations, Ryan and Erin!  To see the full feature, CLICK HERE! [...]

3. [...] 5. Love this incredibly vivid bouquet – and it looks stunning next to the colorful bridesmaids’ dresses. {here} [...]