Simple Fun And Creative Washington Wedding

Mismatched vintage table cloths, mason jar floral arrangements, bridesmaids in mint green dresses and a good old fashion potato sack race are just a few of the simple and fun touches at Tami and Chad’s creative Washington wedding. The inspiration behind the wedding was our love for the simple life, sustainable living and urban farming, secondly the famous painting “American Gothic” with a fun modern twist.

Their barn style wedding was held at Red Barn Studios, a 1937 gothic barn, a former dairy barn converted into a fantastic wedding venue. You can see so much more of their wedding in the full gallery here, all photographed by Adele Cabanillas.

Inside Red Barn Studios was Tami and Chad’s guest book table. they had a photo book for their guests to sign and a photograph from their engagement session taken by Adele Cabanillas. You can see their entire engagement session here. Continuing the theme “American Gothic” with a fun modern twist. Hence the pitch fork and chicken.

About Chad and myself from the bride: We grew up a few miles from each other, went to the same schools, but never connected romantically until years after graduation. We actually started out as roommates, but after a few shopping trips to Target and doing the basic everyday things together we quickly realized how much we had in common and were perfect for each other.

In the middle of winter we took a little trip to the beach and were just walking along enjoying the view went all the sudden he stopped me and dropped down on one knee. It was the perfect romantic setting

Table clothes were made out of vintage material that were collected over months leading up to the wedding.  Wild floral table arrangements in large mason jars were placed on wood stumps. Burlap napkins with a custom monogram were hand stamped on each napkin and wooden cutlery was tied with twine and had stripped tags with fun sayings on them for that added touch.

This is the second time we have featured this unique Washington wedding venue, is is always fun to see how diverse a venue can be. See another wedding held at Red Barn Studios by clicking here.

View Entire Gallery
Photographer: Adele Cabanillas
Venue: Red Barn Studios
Cake: Borracchini’s Bakery
Caterer: Wildfire BBQ Catering
Dress Designer: The Wedding Belle, Tacoma
Flowers: The Perfect Petal
Bow ties: Mady by Gigi
Groom’s Attire: JC Penny | Shoe Designer: American Eagle, Clarks, Nordstrom | Hair: Melinda Rego| Makeup: Katie Hugo| Event Designed: By The Bride | Officiant: Diane Sherbon

Comments

1. 0. Zoe says:

I LOVE the metal “B” – wish I knew where they got it!

2. 0. @weddingchicks says:

3. 0. @KPreludetoakiss says:

some #weddings just make you smile. this 1 did it for me. love the sacks! RT @weddingchicks:…http://t.co/swX91WcA

4. 0. @adelecabanillas says:

RT @weddingchicks: American Gothic inspired Washington Wedding @redbarnstudios @wedbell @theperfectpetal

5. 0. @adelecabanillas says:

This was a wonderful day to be a part of. Thank you @weddingchicks for the feature.

6. So lovely!

7. This wedding is beautiful and fun! Love the photographs with the chicken and the “american gothic” twist.

8. Such a cute and romantic wedding!

9. 0. Bisou says:

Some serious mason jar love!

10. 0. @WedWeekly says:

So Many Fun & Creative Touches to this Wedding! Love the Heart Shaped Bridal Party! http://t.co/OxSvoIlT @weddingchicks #WW_RealWeddings

11. 0. Stephanie says:

I liked the idea of each guest leaving a thumbprint on a framed tree … but what kind of ink did you use so each guest isn’t left with a colored thumb for the rest of the evening?? Was the tree something drawn by an artistic friend?

12. 0. Allie says:

What a gorgeous, fun wedding!! I LOVE those green bridesmaid dresses. I have been searching for a color just like it. Who are they by and what’s the name of the color?

13. 0. Kayla says:

LOVE the “forever starts today” ++++

14. I am now not certain where you’re getting your info, however great topic.

I needs to spend some time finding out more or working out more.
    Thank you for great information I was in search
    of this information for my mission.

15. Hey would you mind letting me know which hosting company you’re working with?
    I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different
    internet browsers and I must say this blog loaads a lot faseter then most.
    Can youu recommend a good web hosting provider at a reasonable price?

Thank you, I appreciate it!

1. [...] post Simple Fun And Creative Washington Wedding appeared first on The Wedding [...]

2. [...] fun and creative barn wedding in [...]