DIY Red And White Wedding

Kelsey and her mom are true crafters! They took the challenge of designing Kelsey and Jeremy’s diy red and white wedding head on. They scoured antique stores for milk glass. They made endless amounts of bunting, cut tons of ribbon and hung each and every single pouf you see. In fact, Kelsey’s mom and dad made their wedding cake and the groom’s cake. This wedding is officially a DIY wedding.

There are so many more details in the full gallery to see. all photographed by Texas wedding photographer Kristi Wright.

From The Bride
I tried on about 30-40 dresses, but I always kept thinking back on the Maggie Sottero I tried on at one of my first appointments. Every dress was immediately compared to it, so I finally realized that was the one! We altered the dress a bit to make it exactly what I wanted and when the day came it was absolutely perfect!

When it came to shoes I knew I wanted bright red shoes that popped! I scoured the Internet and finally found a pair that I knew were perfect! I also wanted a pair for the reception because let’s be honest I cannot get down in 4 inch heels. I found a sparkly pair of red flats that I called my “Dorothy Flats” and my mom added adorable bows!

On Their First Look-
Jeremy and I, in an effort to keep our wonderful day in our thoughts, always talk about our favorite moments and the first look was by far one of them! I was hesitant in doing one because I didn’t want it to trump my entrance when I walked into the church, but in the end I couldn’t resist!

I just have had too many friends say if given the chance to do it all over they would still do the first look. The moment I saw him standing out there I was overcome by joy, it is not really a feeling to be explained, but one to be felt. I could not believe that after 3 years together we were finally at this point. He looked so handsome and I just felt overwhelmed at the thought that he was MINE forever! Jeremy also enjoyed it, he said he loved being able to see me and soak it all in before the wedding. It was a moment to ourselves and one we will never forget.

This was a DIY wedding. My mom and I have always been crafters, so when it came to wedding decorations it was only natural that we make everything ourselves.

We scoured antique and thrift stores for all the milk glass and my mom probably went to every Pier 1 within fifty miles for the red lanterns. We made basically everything else. I loved walking into the reception for the first time and seeing my vision and all my hard work come to life.

On The planning-
Planning…whew where do I even start? My advice on planning is to remember that everything will turn out! The flowers you ordered will look great, your bridesmaids dresses will fit and the guys will all remember their belts. Somehow by the grace of God things come together! Also get things done early especially if you are a DIYer like myself. If I had any spare moment it was spent making something for the wedding. I was constantly emailing people, making calls and getting everything set that I could.

Don’t wait until the last minute because at the last minute you will be going nutty! The week of my wedding we had pretty much everything lined up, so I had time to enjoy the time with my family, bridesmaids and then fiance now Husband. Lastly savor the day! Getting ready, putting your dress down, laughing with your girls, walking down the aisle and dancing with your new husband…enjoy it all because it only happens once! I remember constantly wanting to stop time and remember every second. Lastly Lastly don’t forget who this wedding is about, you and the love of your life. It’s not about the dress, the cake or the people. It is about you and your husband. Don’t let the stress of it all overtake the joy of the day!

Favorite Moment-
Another one of our favorite moments was our last dance. We had everyone exit the building in anticipation for our exit and Jeremy and I shared a dance on the floor just the two of us. I cried the entire time as my sweet new husband whispered the words into my ear as we two stepped around the floor (this is Texas).

Now every time I hear that song it takes me back to that moment and I almost spontaneously burst into tears again. I highly recommend this if possible. It was an absolutely beautiful moment for us to end our day with!

View Entire Gallery

Photographer: Kristi Wright
Venue: Bridgewater Events Center
Makeup & Hair: Updo’s By Candice
Dress Designer: Maggie Sottero
Groom’s Attire: Express
Shoe Designer: Me Too
Jewelry: Design by Kara
Bridesmaid’s Dresses:Bill Levkoff
Event Designer: Bride & her Mother | Cake: Bride’s Parents | Flowers: Bride & Friends | Stationery: Erin Powell | Veil or Hair Accessories: Bride’s Mother | Prop or Furniture Rentals: Vintage| Candy Bar: Bride (backdrop and jar tags) and Bride’s Mother (ruffled table cloth) | Ceremony: Missouri Street Church of Christ, Baytown, TX

Comments

1. Loving the red.. really pops and makes a striking theme.

Wedding dress looks amazing! Loving the DIY touches.

Congrats guys oxox

2. 0. Only Bridesmaids says:

To me brides that come with something surprising, just something else than the classic style is a lady to admire. So this is one of the cases, particularly for those red intense shoes.

3. 0. @SunGlowflowers says:

DIY Red And White Wedding http://t.co/HItDuKTw via @WeddingChicks

4. 0. Rachel says:

Beautiful wedding! Especially love the dress and candy bar streamers. What is the name or style number of that Maggie Sottero?

5. 0. shsp says:
  6. 0. @CardsandPockets says:

Red, White, and tons of DIY details. Check out this fun real wedding over on @weddingchicks http://t.co/iANf8rjF #wedding #DIY #handmade

7. 0. @weddingchicks says:

Well, this DIY red & white wedding is just darling! @kristiwright @maggiesottero http://t.co/QCrXJxGR

8. 0. Kristi Wright says:

Thank you so much to Jocey and the WC team for this feature. I know how hard Kelsey and her family worked to put this together and will be so excited to see their hard work on the Wedding Chicks blog. I can’t begin to describe how much I love these two and their family. It remains one of my favorites!

9. 0. @hoppenheim says:

“@weddingchicks: this DIY red & white wedding is just darling! @kristiwright @maggiesottero http://t.co/ZxXpFnfm”

10. 0. @iventsbyisis says:

“@weddingchicks: Well, this DIY red & white wedding is just darling! @kristiwright @maggiesottero http://t.co/CFZi6B9k” Simple wins!

11. 0. @maggiesottero says:

12. 0. @ExploreHandmade says:

Lovely DIY wedding spread by @weddingchicks http://t.co/l1YgOaBZ

13. 0. @WDPRStylist says:

RT @maggiesottero: Loving this #DIY #wedding over on @weddingchicks blog feat. the Karena Royale gown with a personalized neckline: http://t.co/dUyiRrNc

14. 0. @kristiwright says:

Thank you @weddingchicks for the gorgeous feature!

15. Beautiful pictures, lovely DIY ideas. Hoping to showcase some DIY and handmade wedding ideas on my site soon, hoping I can find great ideas such as these–thanks for posting!

16. 0. Elissa says:

This is one of my favorite weddings I’ve ever seen Kristi share (or any photographer share, really). The red is just perfect, the couple is gorgeous, and the decor is so personal and sweet. Amazing wedding!!

17. 0. @ppgba says:

Looks like fun too! RT @weddingchicks: Well, this DIY red & white wedding is just darling! @kristiwright @maggiesottero http://t.co/0OioJVdD

18. 0. Kelsey says:

This is my wedding : ) Thank you all for the sweet comments! My dress was Maggie Sottero, Karena Royale Ivory lace on Pearl rose. We had the neckline altered and added a new belt to replace the chocolate brown one it came with.

19. 0. @TimDuncanEvents says:

Love, love, love this #DIY red and white #realwedding! http://t.co/Lagmr5Bc #redwedding

20. 0. @theweddinglens says:

Lovely details! RT @weddingchicks: Well, this DIY red & white wedding is just darling! @kristiwright @maggiesottero http://t.co/O8M1j07U

21. 0. @DestWeds says:

Yes, indeed! RT @weddingchicks: Well, this DIY red & white wedding is just darling! @kristiwright @maggiesottero http://t.co/vksKTkHR

22. 0. @carolinaretail says:

DIY Red And White Wedding http://t.co/gOjWKAsh #wedding via @weddingchicks

23. 0. @WeddingDates says:

A red and white wedding, ideal for the festive season! http://t.co/PfGiCDJS

24. 0. kerryn says:

Hey!
    I have been looking everywhere to find a lace cake and have come across your page. Your cake is really close to what we would like to recreate. My mum and and I are trying to work out how to make the lace icing for the cake. Did you have a mould or would you mind letting me know how you did it? your wedding looked gorgeous xx Thanks in advance, Kerryn

25. 0. Kelsey says:

My mom actually ordered the lace molds and used fondant to make them. The icing itself is buttercream, but the fondant is just for the molds.

26. 0. Jamie Farmer says:

Thank you for this!! I love the way you put where the dress and shoes came from. What kin of flower is that deep red flower? I love these flowers and I am looking for an alternative to a red rose to use in my wedding. Thanks!

27. 0. Kelsey says:

The dark red flowers are dahlias!

28. 0. Anton says:

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your site. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me
    to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
    Great work!

29. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my site thus i came to “return the favor”.
    I’m trying to find things to enhance my web site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

30. 0. Rosemary says:

I’m starting up a internet blog directory and was wanting to know if I can submit your website? I’m
    trying to grow my directory gradually by hand so that it retains quality.
    I’ll make sure and put your website in the proper category and I’ll
    also use, “DIY Red And White Wedding” as your anchor text.
    Be sure to let me know if this is okay with you by mailing me
    at: rosemary.crutcher@t-online.de. Thanks!

31. 0. Carly.McComb says:

evening dresses sale for girls

1. [...] DIY Red And White Wedding – 1 freebie(s)? [...]

2. [...] and Peach Ontario Wedding – From RuffledAlder Manor Wedding – From 100 Layer CakeDIY Red and White Wedding – From The Wedding ChicksTravelling Circus Themed Wedding – From South Bound Bride  Big Boho LoveKelly [...]

3. [...] via love my dress, janyeweddings, ruffled, a low country wed, wedding chicks via [...]

4. […] Cake table skirting found here || Sweetheart table skirting found on Wedding Chicks || Table skirt clip from LinenTablecloth || Buffet table photo from Houzz || Tradeshow display […]

5. […] Kristi Wright Photography via Wedding Chicks […]