Super Colorful DIY Backyard Wedding Ideas

As you know, we’re not ones to steer away from a wedding filled with vibrant colors and tons of personality. In fact we embrace them and wish we were invited to each and every one. Well… in a way we are  like guests, because we are able to relive all the memorable moments and fabulous details with you. Just like we were there.

Our next colorful DIY backyard wedding takes place on the bride’s parent’s property. When the guests entered, they picked up a program from a vintage mailbox and followed a pinwheel-lined path through a forest, walking over old fences, to the ceremony site. They sat on bales of hay covered in burlap in front of the gorgeous ceremony setup. Two fence pieces with windows installed, overlooking a pond with lily-pads. Yup the entire wedding is pretty darn fabulous. Read on to learn more and see all the details in the full gallery by clicking here. All photographed by Austin, Texas wedding photographer Taylor Lord.

How much do you adore the idea of mixing multiple hues for your bridesmaids dresses? It mixes it up a bit and allows each of your gals to look a different. As we have mentioned before, if you go this route we think it looks great when all the girls wear the same style shoe. Just a little cohesiveness to tie it all together.

Lauren took this concept a step further and made it all her own. Dressing her bridal party in a rainbow of colors, and  instead of the traditional bridesmaid bouquet they held pinwheels, and each of the bridesmaids wore different wellies. Still keeping with the idea of all wearing the same shoes, and even though they were all different. So much fun …. don’t you think?

Lauren had been collecting furniture for the last six months for the event. Including everything you see here for the ceremony site. The entire wedding party helped set up all the furniture for the entire day. Lucky for them they had a lot of members in their bridal party to lend a helping hand.

One of our favorite elements at their ceremony site are the two double doors with the bunting sign that read, “please stand.” Way cute and so clever. We have to mention the adorable ring bearer and flower girl walking with the family pup in a bright orange tutu from Doggie Diva Boutique on Etsy.

As you will see Lauren and Benjamin had a ton of stuff at their wedding – a giving tree, a candy station and gourmet popcorn set up around the reception, a rice krispy cake, margarita machines and our favorite, a taco truck.

How awesome is this, “maypole,” drink station? Tons of colorful ribbon were draped around the tent-like structure, and old dressers held all the beverage options.

View Entire Gallery

Photographer: Taylor Lord

Event Designer: Ladies of Bella’s House
Makeup: Juvanew Medspa
Caterer: El Potrillo Taco Stand
Flowers: DIY by a bridesmaid from Central Market
Dress Designer: Vera Wang White
Veil or Hair Accessories: Val Skidonenko
Candy: Hot Cocoa and Lemonade Hammond’s Candy
Pup’s Dress: Doggie Diva Boutique on Etsy
Hair: Jenna Womack | Officiant: Groom’s Father | Prop or Furniture Rentals: Collected by the Bride | Confetti Cones-: Art Students at Adelle Turner Elementary

Comments

1. @taylorlordphoto We are going BANANAS over this Super Colorful DIY Backyard Wedding! http://t.co/X5fNZkaZ

2. Super Colorful DIY Backyard Wedding Ideas http://t.co/4gHXrCwU

3. Super Colorful DIY Backyard Wedding Ideas: As you know, we’re not ones to steer away from a wedding filled with … http://t.co/WnkK7EHd

4. RT @weddingchicks: Super Colorful DIY Backyard Wedding Ideas http://t.co/4gHXrCwU

5. Kickass inspiration and great photos. “@weddingchicks: Super Colorful DIY Backyard Wedding Ideas http://t.co/oHCwQ0Be via @taylorlordphoto”

6. 0. gaby j says:

I’m loving that bouquet!

7. Yayy!! Love! RT @weddingchicks: @taylorlordphoto We are going BANANAS over this Super Colorful DIY Backyard Wedding! http://t.co/jJ23ZRC9

8. 0. Heidi says:

I am loving every detail of this wedding. I mean, pinwheels and wellies? AWESOME.

9. 0. Samantha M. says:

As usualy Lauren, you looked beyond beautiful on your wedding day! Loved the mix of colors!! Great DIY ideas!

10. 0. Bethany says:

Who did their program?

11. Did you have a moment to check out this whimsy wedding full of color, candy and pinwheels? So many steal worthy ideas! http://t.co/X5fNZkaZ

12. 0. Margaret says:

Everything about this wedding is whimsically wonderful!!!! Love it all!

13. Down right genuine. A special couple cherishing their day with loved ones and having fun. http://t.co/3NGrcNma @weddingchicks

14. 0. Liz says:

This definitely looks like a yard sale wedding!?

15. Super Colorful #DIY Backyard Wedding Ideas http://t.co/Cn46J6hV Take a look! #weddingideas

16. Love the colors! Super Colorful DIY Backyard Wedding Ideas http://t.co/DjQqQLTO via @WeddingChicks

17. 0. Summer says:

Adorable! I love it all – such a fun and inspired wedding, the way it should be! <3

18. Cute! Bridesmaids in wellies! http://t.co/pEh35yaX

19. 0. Amelie says:

the crossword puzzle is a great idea!

20. Love it!! Awesome!

21. Whimsy to the max! The colorful rainboots are the best! http://t.co/u7GTKavn

22. 0. Lauren (bride) says:

Thank you, everyone!!! It was so much fun to plan :) and @taylorlordphoto did a fabulous job on the photos.
    Bethany, I did the programs myself. I do freelance graphic design projects all the time. If you need my assistance with anything let me know!

23. 0. Janelle says:

Dear bride,

I am nowhere even close to being married, but I would LOVE to know how you did the layout for this wedding! If you could somehow share a map or a diagram of the property and where all the stations were, that would be wonderful :)

24. 0. Debra.C says:

Hi Lauren,
    Can you let me know where you you purchased the small frame that hung from your bouquet. I would love one to pop in a pic of my daughter who has passed away.
    Thanks Debra

25. 0. nyfika 2013 says:

Absolutely adore the wedding dress…

26. 0. Amber C. says:

This has to be the cutest wedding I have ever seen! I am in love with these pics. So adorable!

27. 0. Annette says:

Omg! love the fact that they had a taco stand! How did they pay for it? It would be perfect for mine!

28. 0. Rose says:

Hi Lauen –

I am trying to set up a program for my daughter’s wedding. She is having 2 maid of honors and 8 bridesmaids along with 1 best man and 9 groomsman plus a flower girl and ring bearer. She really likes the silhouette, but I have not done any designing before, so I am not sure how to do so.

Do you have a template that is editable. The main part that I would like are the silhouettes – I don’t know how to do this.

I would pay a fee if necessary.

Thanks for any help that you can give.

Rose

29. 0. Nyfika says:

Absolutely amazing dresses , great photos for inspiration :D

Greetings from Greece you are already in our bookmarks

Nick

30. 0. Kim says:

This has to be one of the cutest wedding I have ever seen… I bet every one of her guest is still talking about this wedding…. How many cute ideas I may have to borrow for a friends wedding, I hope you don’t mind?
    thank you again for sharing you wedding and get ideas
    Kim

31. Attractive element of content. I simply stumbled
    upon your blog and in accession capital to say that I acquire actually loved account your weblog posts.
    Anyway I will be subscribing for your feeds or
    even I fulfillment you get admission to constantly fast.

32. 0. Michelle says:

Simply casual yet beautiful :) Great post keep it up will be back for more!

33. This wedding is so fun! I love the sprinkle send-off.

1. [...] inspiring ceremony backdrop ideas ♥ Bohemian death valley campervan wedding ♥ Colourful DIY backyard wedding ideas ♥ Scottish woodland wedding ♥ LOVE the carpet backdrop (cute ceremony backdrop idea I [...]

2. [...] And wellies… (Source: Ladies of Bella’s House/Taylor Lord via Wedding Chicks) [...]

3. [...] Un matrimonio coloratissimo, con damigelle in stivali di gomma! [...]

4. [...] DIY Backyard Wedding Ideas Have the wedding at the backyard with DIY details. Read the whole story at The Wedding Chicks [...]

5. […] 1. via 2. unknown source 3. via 4. via 5. via 6. via […]