We love you berry much, and that is why we have our Berry Customized Wedding Favor Bags on sale today for $3. Normally our muslin, 5Ã¢â‚¬Â³x8Ã¢â‚¬Â³, bags with a cotton drawstring are $6 a piece.
Fill our strawberry wedding favor bagsÂ with homemade cookies, jelly beans, nuts, popcorn, mini pies or cake balls. Anything sweet and salty will do. Another great idea is to make some homemade strawberry jam for your favor bags. Whipped up especially by you. Dress them up with some cute fabric and bakers twine, and you pretty much have the cutest homemade wedding favors ever. You can see all of our favor bags by clicking here.
Before you make the jam you are going to need a few supplies
1. hexagonal glass jars (or any small jamming jars will do)
2.pinking shears (you are going to need these to make the zig zag on the fabric, it not only looks cute, but allows the fabric not to tear
3. bakers twine
4. cute fabric (we love the idea of using different complimentary fabrics for each of the jars)
We have a super easy Strawberry Jam Recipe for you from littleton co op
2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled
4 cups white sugar
Â¼ cup lemon juice
1. In a wide bowl, crush strawberries in batches until you have 4 cups of mashed berry.
2. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, mix together the mashed strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice.Â Stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Increase heat to high, and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil.Â Boil, stirring often, until the mixture reaches 220Â° F.
4. Transfer to hot sterile jars, leaving Â¼ to Â½ inch head space and seal.Â Process in a water bath.
If the jam is going to be eaten right away, don’t bother with processing, and just refrigerate.