An Oregon Barn Yard Wedding

You will be immediately captivated by the charm of Joesph, Oregon. Often referred to as the “Little Switzerland of America”, Joseph is a one-of-a-kind place. Sprinkled with  specialty shops and quaint restaurants. If you are lucky a antler will come up to your window while you are taking in the beauty of the lake. Such a fun place to visit and apparently an even better place to hold a good old fashion barn yard wedding.

Kelsie and Kyle’s wanted an outdoorsy area with a rustic building that would naturally add to the décor of their wedding. Lucky for them a local framer graciously allowed them to use their property for free. Of course they had to clean it up and make it wedding ready. With tons of help from family and friends they pulled it off spectacularly. Be sure to see more details in the full gallery, all photographed by Bryan Aulick

From The Bride:

Aside from the decor, the barn itself needed a TON of work to get it in shape for the wedding. We had chosen an area in a grassy meadow and mowed it down with hours of help from the groomsmen. Our family organized a “clean-up day” with the barn owner and spent the day sweeping, vacuuming, sweeping and more vacuuming to rid of the hay and dust. For weeks before and on the day of the wedding, family, friends, friends of friends, and the wedding party devoted their time to decorating the barn and setting up the ceremony indoors after unexpected rain. The meadow was a beautiful place that we wish we could’ve used, but the barn atmosphere was so cozy, it only added to the wonderful time we all had together.

The most special moment of my wedding day was the first time that I saw my soon-to-be husband before the wedding. It was an opportunity for us to get out all of pre-wedding jitters and spend intimate time together before we were engulfed by family and friends. Our photographer Bryan Aulick
, who agreed to meet us before the wedding to capture the entire day, was absolutely amazing. He made us feel relaxed and comfortable. My husband and I are never thrilled to be in front of the camera, but with Bryan’s creativity and the “challenges” that he put us up to, we were laughing a majority of the time and the pictures turned beautifully. During the intimate moment that I would see my soon-to-be husband for the first time, Bryan remained in the shadows where we didn’t even notice him, but captured all the emotion and joy that we felt. He truly added to the enjoyment of the day, and the wedding wouldn’t have been complete with him and his profound kindness, patience, and incredible talent.

\

When the time came to create wedding invitations, I was unaware of the vast amount of choices for fonts, paper, designs and styles. I knew I wanted a rustic theme with hydrangeas and a simple font that reflected mine and my husband’s laid-back personalities. The first custom proof sent from Mekala at Tie That Binds Weddings was exactly what I had in mind. She also created our monogram that was beautiful but still fun, so we incorporated it into our invitations, envelopes, and even a table runner that we had at the wedding. To keep everything congruent, she designed adorable signage throughout the reception, cookie bags with stickers, whoopie pie bags as favors, photo booth details, and table numbers. She also styled the tablescapes at the reception with sewing-pattern paper flowers, papier-mâché details, and brought chalkboards, bunting, escort cards with miniature cowbells, and other antique details to complete the style we dreamed of. The products that she had to offer and the details that she brought to the wedding were unlike anything I could have dreamed of, and the guests went on and on about the meticulous attention to the little thing

Stay tune a Tie That Binds Weddings has a special diy coming up for all you crafty brides.

View Entire Gallery

Photographer:Bryan Aulick

Event Designer: Tie That Binds Weddings

Comments

1. An Oregon Barn Yard Wedding http://t.co/ugfGuXHC

2. An Oregon Barn Yard Wedding: You will be immediately captivated by the charm of Joesph, Oregon. Often r… http://t.co/QjSugzU0 #wedding

3. Love that the bride and bridesmaids wore cowboy boots…so cute! RT @weddingchicks: An Oregon Barn Yard Wedding http://t.co/LPm7ccfX

4. @tiethatbinds shared this Oregon Barn Wedding compete with Cowboy boots, cow bells and and a ‘top your tater’ bar! http://t.co/3d9gCYMa

5. SO Excited to be on Wedding chicks today!
    http://t.co/9Rw66dFb via @WeddingChicks @TieThatBinds

6. RT @TieThatBinds: SO Excited to be on Wedding chicks today!
    http://t.co/9Rw66dFb via @WeddingChicks @TieThatBinds

7. RT @TieThatBinds: SO Excited to be on Wedding chicks today!
    http://t.co/9Rw66dFb via @WeddingChicks @TieThatBinds

8. RT @TieThatBinds: SO Excited to be on Wedding chicks today!
    http://t.co/9Rw66dFb via @WeddingChicks @TieThatBinds

9. An Oregon Barn Yard Wedding: You will be immediately captivated by the charm of Joesph, Oregon. Often referred t… http://t.co/EkzeoMjV

10. 0. A. May says:

What a beautiful couple, so obviously in love! The designs of the wedding embodied such elegant simplicity, it takes my breath away. The details are so well thought out – perfect for a cozy barn wedding. I love it. All of it.

11. 0. Courtney C says:

One of the MOST romantic weddings I have ever seen! Makes me want to get married all over again!!

12. 0. Lindsey says:

Wow! What a beautiful wedding! I love the rustic feel!

13. 0. Kathy Thompson says:

This is beautiful. The ingredients are perfect: beautiful bride and setting, incredible attention to details, and the talent of Bryan and Mekala!

14. 0. Lisa says:

This wedding is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I saw the photos and have to admit that the first thing I thought was: “Dang…I wish our wedding looked like this!” LOVE the cowboy boots and “Top Your Tater” bar!
    Also, I have seen other work from Tie That Binds and Mekala is amazingly talented! Her work is enchanting and so classy, and the customization for each event is impeccable! I visit her site often to get ideas for future events. Beautiful work, @tiethatbinds!

15. 0. Shanna says:

This is so lovely & sweet! Love the photo booth photograph!

16. 0. Bryan Aulick says:

So excited to have Kelsie and Kyle’s photographs on your beautiful blog!

17. 0. Stephani says:

Amazing, creative, and incredible attention to detail!

18. Thank you so much for featuring our work today! I love love LOVED working with the bride and groom, and obviously the Bryan Aulick couldn’t have done better :) Thank you! XOXO

19. 0. heather says:

Lovely! Where are the cowbells from? I have been looking for cowbells, and was just about to place my order when I saw these adorable little silver ones! Would love to know where you found them!

20. 0. Lovella Bridal says:

Barn weddings aren’t what they used to be! This one is fabulous – the boots are cute, too!

21. Awesome! Love the boots! lol The whole look and feel of the wedding is beautiful!

22. Love the cowgirl boots! RT@weddingchicks: An Oregon Barn Yard Wedding http://t.co/MsDS9k9s

23. Love the bridesmaid dresses! –> Oregon Barn Yard Wedding http://t.co/bd3O05ly on @Weddingchicks

24. 0. Kelsie (The Bride) says:

Love LOVE LOVE that this is on weddingchicks! So thankful for the hard work that Mekala at Tie That Binds Weddings, and Bryan Aulick put into this wedding! We got the cowbells at Hobby Lobby, you can buy packs of them for a few bucks, we had a friend who had a vinyl letter cutter, and she provided the lettering for the bells, much cheaper than ordering online!

25. 0. Jenni says:

Beautiful wedding!!! Where did they find those little silver bells? They are so adorable!!!!

26. 0. Jenni says:

Beautiful wedding!!! Where did they find those little silver bells, they are adorable!

27. 0. Tanta says:

Hi There,

I originally saw the wedding pictures on Pinterst and my heart melted. I have been pinning picture after picture and finally decided that I must find out where this. My fiance and I live in Eugene, OR and when I saw that this is in Joesph, Oregon, my heart fluttered and my tummy filled with butterflies! This barn is truly beautiful and I would love nothing more than to be married in such a stunning place. If there is any information on how we would go about speaking with owners about the possibility of this being the place where our future begins, please let me know. I truly appreciate your help!

Tanita & Devon
    tanitaroberts@gmail.com

28. 0. Dustie Winegar says:

Hello,
    I am currently looking for a barn venue for my own wedding and I fell in love with this barn with your photos. I’ve searched online to see if the owners have a website but I can’t find one. If you could let me know how you contacted them, I would love to inquire about the space.
    Dustie Winegar
    Saphria202@yahoo.com

29. 0. Kendra Landon says:

Love all your photos! Looks like it was a beautiful and fun wedding. My sister is getting married next summer and is looking for a rustic barn setting. Can the barn in this wedding be rented out? And, where is it located? Thank you!

30. 0. JESSICA SANCES says:

I LOVE everything about this wedding!!! I am getting married this February and this is exactly the look I am going for. PLEASE PLEASE tell me where the bride got all the beautiful bridesmaid dresses!!!!!

31. 0. Sarah says:

We had our wedding at http://www.perryhillfarm.net/barn.php. They have a great barn that is along the same rustic lines as this one and it is very affordable.

32. 0. Kelly says:

Hi!
    My sister is getting married this fall and i know she would love love love this site. I was wondering if you have the contact information?
    (kellyclarkej@hotmail.com)
    Thank you!
    Kelly

33. 0. Kristy Staniszewski says:

Where did those adorable whoopie pies come from??

34. 0. Sadie says:

Where did you get your wooden plates? Very beautiful wedding!

35. 0. Carmen says:

Where did her dress come from? It is gorgeous!

36. 0. Rochelle says:

Where is this barn? I love it! and want to have my wedding there

37. 0. tanya zelinsky says:

Hi i was wondering how much it would cost to rent this place out for a wedding ?

38. I read this piece of writing fully concerning the resemblance of most up-to-date and earlier technologies, it’s awesome article.

39. 0. Rosario says:

It’s awesome to visit this web page and reading
    the views of all colleagues regarding this article, while I am also keen
    of getting familiarity.

40. 0. Terresa Grace says:

My daughter loves, loves this farm…she is getting married and would love to have her special day here. Can you tell me if it is available for rental?

Terresa

41. Hi there, I desire to subscribe for this webpage to obtain newest updates, so where can i do it please assist.

1. [...] Oregon Barn Wedding, from Wedding Chicks, is stunning.  So is the delightfully homespun sweets table in lieu of a [...]