PPS-FW14-SIG-550X430A

Chocolate Brown and Aqua Blue Wedding Ideas

Courtney and Geoff  have strong roots in Virginia. Both raised and both attended, met and fell in love at the University of Virginia. They wanted to introduce their  guests to their state and love story in an intimate garden setting full of romantic and personal details. Designed beautifully by Fleurish Events and photographed by Abby Jiu, you can see more lovely chocolate brown and aqua blue wedding ideas in the full gallery by clicking here.

From The Bride:

I was raised in Virginia, it’s the state my husband and his military family lived the longest, and more importantly, it’s the place we met and fell in love at the University of Virginia. We chose to exchange open air vows at the Thomas Birkby House in Leesburg, Virginia. The venue’s 18th century origins, brick walkways, and manicured gardens appealed to our sense of history and home. Inspired by the tint of Southern porch ceilings, painted blue to mimic the sky, we chose dusty aqua as a base color and grounded the palette with a rich chocolate brown, providing a sweet contrast to vintage silver and creamy petal accents. Inside the house, our guests were greeted by a display of family wedding photos, a nod to the great love stories we know by heart, and outside, they were treated to the lush green and heady sunshine of Virginia spring. Carrie Moe applied the most beautiful finishing touches arranging our extensive collection of DIY elements and surrounding the ceremony area with luscious peonies, mercury glass, and custom monogram swags and signage.

My handy groom built a frame to display our handmade escort cards and a sign to guide family and friends to their seats, while I baked cookies from a family recipe to serve as favors, and my mother-in-law scoured her collection of vintage items for antique frames and handkerchiefs to add to the decor. In one daring DIY escapade, I made my first ever mosaic after a case of mercury glass votives arrived broken–and non-returnable. Piecing together those shards of glass reminded me of all the people we love who made us who we are, that life has mysterious ways of leading us to find the perfect fit, and that even when wedding planning hands you lemons (and it may) there’s not one that can’t be turned into lemonade if you keep your eyes on the prize: honoring your partner and the love you share.

In homage to our collegiate beginnings and love of literature, blue-toned books joined varied floral centerpieces on chocolate linens in the reception tent, and handmade posy pins with Alfred Lord Tennyson’s quote, “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever,” rested on each napkin.

View Entire Gallery

Photographer: Abby Jiu
Event Designer: Fleurish Events, Carrie Moe
Venue: Thomas Birkby House
Makeup: Blend, Ryan Krasney
Cake: Market Salamander, Jason Reaves
Caterer: Savoir Fare
DJ: kirkabee DJs, Kirk Rubley
Dress Designer: Essense, Bridals by Elena
Flowers: Growing Wild
Groom’s Attire: Tom James
Shoe Designer: Stuart Weitzman
Stationery: Deleted Space Creative, Jennifer Olmstead

Comments

1. Chocolate Brown and Aqua Blue Wedding Ideas: Courtney and Geoff  have strong roots in Virginia. Both ra… http://t.co/SREMl1Up #wedding

2. Chocolate Brown and Aqua Blue Wedding Ideas: Courtney and Geoff  have strong roots in Virginia. Both raised and … http://t.co/WpycxMJs

3. Just the sweetest Virginia wedding by @fleurishevents
    @abbyjiu @MarketSal @BirkbyHouse http://t.co/RnvIHEkn via @WeddingChicks

4. @weddingchicks @fleurishevents @abbyjiu @MarketSal @BirkbyHouse @WeddingChicks Love, just gorgeous VA #wedding! http://t.co/SGNTqgls

5. very creative decor – I like the place cards idea

6. 0. Carrie Moe says:

What a beautiful wedding it was! Thank you so much for the feature!! xo Carrie Moe

7. 0. Madi says:

Dying to know what Chocolate Chip/Pecan treat is inside of those cute little bags!

8. This is a gorgeous wedding! Love the color scheme, love the floral arrangements, love the DIY elements…it’s all so beautiful!

9. Thanks @weddingchicks for featuring Courtney and Geoff’s wedding with @FleurishEvents http://t.co/hr3nCBl3

10. Adorable!!! I love the vintagey-ness of it! Super stylish, great job!!!

11. RT @weddingchicks: Chocolate Brown and Aqua Blue Wedding Ideas http://t.co/nvOP7mRe

12. So happy to see Courtney and Geoff’s wedding on @Weddingchicks blog today! http://t.co/sAPQzxa7

13. Southern love and charm on @weddingchicks today!… http://t.co/8B5oeZIR

14. 0. Jennifer Stevens says:

Where are these bridesmaid dresses from? The color is beautiful.

15. My cousin’s wedding is on Wedding Chicks today! You might have seen it a couple months ago on the Allure blog…… http://t.co/d2CKvYD4

16. 0. Courtney says:

Thank you so much for the feature, Wedding Chicks, I am simply honored! Your site was such an inspiration.

17. 0. Courtney says:

Jennifer, the bridesmaid dresses are from Sash Couture on Etsy. I sent the dressmakers a color swatch and they tracked down the fabric!

18. Lovely lovely! http://t.co/oRyxbUPV

19. Chocolate Brown and Aqua Blue Wedding Ideas: Courtney and Geoff  have strong roots in Virginia. Both raised and … http://t.co/Cmf4yc92

20. 0. Christy says:

Hooray! Well deserved post, everyone! This wedding was so fun and so beautiful. All of the special touches really made it special.

21. What a beautiful color combo! RT @weddingchicks: Chocolate Brown and Aqua Blue Wedding Ideas http://t.co/AEq00x0F

22. 0. Tia says:

I was recommended this web site by means of my cousin. I am no longer
    sure whether or not this submit is written by way of him as nobody else recognise such particular
    about my problem. You’re wonderful! Thank you!

23. Normally I do not learn article on blogs, but I wish
    to say that this write-up very compelled me to try and do so!
    Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thank you, quite
    great post.

24. 0. Carla Mcewen says:

I always used to study article in news papers but now as I am
    a user of web thus from now I am using net for content,
    thanks to web.

25. 0. Tressa says:

During this same time in the 1980′s the ‘whammy bar’ came into it’s own.

Take two chords and practice switching between the two chords back and forth for
    two minutes. Try to learn a small part of the guitar solo where the guitarist is not doing a
    lot of fancy bends or hammer-ons.

26. 0. Lona says:

Hurrah, that’s what I was seeking for, what a stuff! existing here at this webpage, thanks admin of this
    site.

27. Woah! I’m really loving the template/theme of this blog.

It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s hard to get that “perfect balance” between usability and visual appeal.
    I must say you’ve done a superb job with this. In addition, the blog loads extremely quick for me on Opera.
    Superb Blog!

michael kors handbags outlet

28. 0. 6pm coupon says:

This is the right blog for everyone who wants to understand this topic.
    You understand a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually will need to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a fresh spin on a subject that’s been discussed for ages.
    Wonderful stuff, just excellent!

1. [...] left to right, top to bottom: 1. marthastewartweddings 2. flowerwild 3. marthastewartweddings 4. weddingchicks 5. marthastewartweddings Posted in inspiration [...]

2. [...] via Bridal Musings / Macaroons via Wedding Chicks / Ceremony Programs from Abby Jiu Photography via Wedding Chicks / Boutonniere from Jagger Photography via Style Me Pretty / Lavender Lemon drop Tim Halberg [...]

3. [...] Style me pretty, 100 layer cake, the knot, hans klädsel, weddingchicks, Martha Stewart wedding, Brudtärnor, project wedding,  choklad cupcakes för bröllop (med [...]

4. ironfish Joseph Chou