People often ask us how to create a good post, so we thought we would share some great tips to help you. This article is designed to help you create features in our Real Wedding section, but all of the tips can be applied to any post.
There are four main components to creating a good one:
1. Image Selection
2. Setting up your post for the best SEO
3. Make it look good
4. Networking your Post
1. Image Selection: Choose Your Images Wisely
Post a few (1-5 images) of your favorite images. Readers don’t generally relate to portraits of other couples, so a floral, detail, or invitation shot is most likely going to get the most attention. Readers want to be inspired and find ideas for their own weddings. This is so important! If you don’t grab them with a great image, they are just going to move on to the next post.
Showing an entire wedding does not give the reader incentive to visit YOUR site, instead they will browse and go on to the next. It’s the teaser posts that have the best click-through rates.
2. Name Your Post
Be mindful when naming your post. Brides aren’t going to search for cutesy titles, names or obscure words. Brides search wedding styles, wedding colors and venues.
Good Post Titles:
Vintage Wedding Ideas
Casa Romantica Wedding
Rustic Wedding Ideas
Pink Wedding Bouquet
Not Recommended Post Title:
Bill and Ashley’s Wedding
Beautiful Wedding in Northern California by Acme Photography
Photograph above is by Easy Dreamer Photography
3. Make it Look Good
Show pride in your work, take your time and make sure your post is nice to look at.
1. Start with an images then text
2. No random hard returns that leave tons of white space under your text or images. This looks sloppy and then we have to go back and make corrections for you.
3. No extra returns between images. This just looks yuck and raises our heart rates. One return is perfect between images.
4. Please do not change font color or use headline size text. It’s tacky and it will be removed.
5. Once you have finished your post, preview it to make sure it looks nice. You don’t want to represent yourself as sloppy or lazy.
4. Social Network Your Post
This is the formula we use to Social Network the posts on the Main page.
1. Pin your images, we have made it SO easy for you! Each image has a Pin It button in the bottom right hand corner. Using this button ensures that any Pinterest reader who clicks the image will be sent DIRECTLY back to your exact post.
2. Tweet the link to your followers and @mention anyone involved and mention us too! We love to check out your posts.
3. Post the link on Facebook
4. Encourage conversation through your post, be sure to let the bride and others involved know so they can come over and leave you a nice comment.
**Remember, these are our opinions and this is not the only way to create good posts. Take what you want from it and leave what you don’t.