Plum Pretty Sugar

San Francisco Wedding By Emily Scannell Photography

With a chic aesthetic all their own, Karla and Aspen’s Walnut Creek wedding was filled with style and some seriously fabulous steal-worthy ideas. Their closest friends and family stepped up to give these two brides and unforgettably gorgeous day.

Their friends decorated the space, bought and arranged all of the gorgeous flowers in the reception, prepared delicious food, performed as DJ’s at the reception and even found two pomegranate trees for their ceremony site. As you will see, everyone’s love and support was truly reflected. There are so many more pretty pictures from Emily Scannell Photography that you must see in the full gallery.

We are in awe over this super hip wedding invitations. Karla (bride) designed all of paper goods you see., including the custom beer and wine bottle labels. I am pretty sure she designed the way cute CDs we gush about below.

One of our favorite steal worthy ideas from Karla and Aspen’s wedding was their personalized wedding favors/escort cards. It looks like they made personalized music mixes for each of their guests. Within the CD you would then find your table assignment. Tables were then named after bands like Radiohead, and placed on wine bottles. We wonder if they placed the guests at tables that had similar music tastes. We love love this idea and for sure would be at the Madonna table.

We love love the idea of a having a Mexican Taco Party at your wedding. Nothing says delicious like authentic Mexican street tacos and all the fixings. Delicious! Another great idea these two ladies had was having their friends and family bring dishes to accompany the tacos.

For dessert, they had a traditional wedding cake and then had Ghirardelli Chocolate Co. bring an ice cream cart to make sundaes. Both incredibly great ideas…right?

View Entire Gallery

Photographer: Emily Scannell Photography
Event Designer: Karla Dominguez
Venue: The Gardens at Heather Farm
Ice Cream Cart: Ghirardelli Chocolate Co.
Beer : Van Houten Brewing Co.
Florist: Bridal bouquets and boutonnieres by La Fleuriste
Reception and Ceremony Flowers: James Q. Chan and  April Frederick
Ceremony Musician: Mark Abdilla
Wedding Dress: Watters gown, Tyler
Hair Accessory: ODA
Jewelry: Wedding rings designed by Vanessa Gade  | Earrings by SMV designs
Shoes: Miz Mooz
Karla’s suit: Banana Republic suit J.Crew shirt
Karla’s shoes: Nicole Women’s Oxford shoes|
Transportation: limo provided by Provider Limo
Groomspeople’ suits: Gonzalo: Ben Sherman plaid suit,Tahari suit
Hair & Makeup: Marie Meher
Stationery: Design by: Karla Dominguez | Event Designer: DIY with April Frederick, Kathleen Phan & James Chan | Day-of Event Coordinator: Kathleen Phan  | Veil/Hair accessory: Mission Statement artistMeher | DJ/Band: DJ’s DJ Emotions (Iris Suarez) and DJ LaNiche (Joanna Peñuela) | Officiant: Jose Vergelin | Wedding Cake: wedding cake by Maria Stolz

Comments

1. 0. tina says:

LOVE this wedding! The photographs, the details, down to what the actual wedding signifies. Absolutely gorgeous!!

2. 0. Susanna Tanner says:

Beautiful! I love the attention to detail.

3. 0. Wing says:

Such a gorgeous couple…you can just feel the love!! Adore all the sweet details!

4. 0. Dana says:

I agree with the comments before mine- love the details. From the eucalyptus leaves and mandarin (?) in a vase together to those incredible invites. Looks like such a great day; I want to be your friend and travel back in time and be invited to such a fun wedding!

5. 0. Denis says:

I LOVE this. Love love love this! The wedding is stunning. The brides are stunning.

AND..
    The Wedding Chicks are some cool chicks…and what makes them coolio is not being afraid to publish what a wedding is really about L-O-V-E…free of judgement, race, gender…etc. (don’t want to get too political).

I hope to see more like this! xo

6. 0. Tamara Nicole says:

Love love love all of the colors and the fun decor! They look so happy. My fave is the colorful bouquets, perfection!

7. 0. Jeannine says:

Hooray for a same sex wedding! I love it!

Their cake is gorgeous!

8. 0. Tim Duncan says:

I love everything about this wedding! The stationery is GORGEOUS, the flower arrangements.. LOVE THEM! And that cake is super chic! :D

9. 0. Jen says:

Beautiful wedding! I love all their details and the photography is stunning. But as a San Franciscian, this drives me nuts… they are *not* in San Francisco and this isn’t a “San Francisco Wedding”. They are about an hour away, and geographically closer to Concord, Berkeley and Oakland. Other then that, lovely post!

10. 0. Jamie says:

This is so adorable! I found some other cool wedding ideas from this other photographer Jessica Cernat. It helped me gather some ideas for my wedding too. Any who…Here is her stuff..Jessica Cernat Photography

11. 0. bonnie says:

Who was the delicious mexican taco caterer?

12. Nice pics – you both look amazing :) Congrats oxox

13. 0. Karla says:

The amazing Tacos were done by:

Mexican Taco Party Catering
    Category: Caterers
    Bay Area, CA 94546
    (510) 538-7205

(you can find them on yelp.com)

14. 0. Amy says:

I really love your invitations! Would Karla be willing to share the template?

15. 0. Karla says:

To Amy: This is not a Template. It’s all original art and design done by me so I’m not sure how useful that would be but you can contact me and I’d love to help if I can. Thanks again for all the great comments!

16. 0. April says:

I really love all the pictures of this wedding!!! I especially love the CD escort card idea. Thinking about stealing the idea…but wanted to make sure first-are there any copyright issues with making a mix CD for wedding guests, or is it okay to do? Or did you buy the CDs for each of your guests?

17. Heya i am for the first time the following. I found this kind of aboard we to find It really valuable & the item taught me to be available a great deal. I’m hoping to supply one thing again and also enable people just like you forced me to be.

18. Somebody essentially assist to generate substantially articles or blog posts I’d personally talk about. That’s the first time My spouse and i went to your internet website so significantly? I personally shocked using the evaluation you have made to create this type of set up astounding. Excellent pastime!

19. 0. dofus hack says:

Thank you offering this. I am trying to find this info. Superb information and facts I will visit for more information

20. 0. leslie says:

Those invitations are beautiful! I have similar (die cut and folded- but totally different design) invitations in mind for my son’s bar mitzvah- I’d love to know who did your printing. I don’t know who to take my design/logo to to make it happen. Please let me know if you can! Thanks!

1. [...] Wow, I like to pretend I’m a fraction of this cool.  These ladies used band names in lieu of table numbers (I’m partial to the Radiohead table myself) and made a mixed-cd for each of their guests to serve as favors and place cards.  What could compare?  Photos by Emily Scannell Photography via Wedding Chicks. [...]

2. [...] To view more images, click here. [...]

3. [...] 1., 2, 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9   Compártelo! Pin ItCorreo electrónicoMe gusta:Me gustaBe the first to [...]

4. […] Wedding Idea was found by: YellowInDiego Wedding Idea From: http://www.weddingchicks.com/2012/03/12/san-francisco-wedding/ Photography: Borrowed Blue Old and […]