DIY Wedding Dress

Yes, you read that correctly, our next bride’s wedding dress is completely DIY. For those who just love to sew and of course have some skills – you might want to consider making your own wedding gown. Not only will you get the perfect fit, you’ll also be able to choose your own fabric.

Being able to do that is a big plus, since many women end up settling for what they can find at a store, rather than creating exactly what they want without spending a lot. Of course, you must be an excellent seamstress to take on this challenge, but we think this bride did a top notch job. You can see more of the dress by clicking here, enjoy these photographs by NYC wedding photographer Ayenia Nour.

The shoot takes place in the modern style park in the air “The Highline,” located in New York City. The park is built on the railroad that goes through the buildings on West Side, including the Meatpacking district, which has a great combination of vintage style buildings and amazing modern style architecture. We have actually had the privilege of taking a stroll through this unique NYC landmark.

View Entire Gallery

Photographer: Ayenia Nour
Hair & Makeup: DIY by the bride
Dress Designer: Emma B.-the bride
Jewelry: This ‘n That Vintage Store
Shoe Designer: Jessica Simpson
Prop or Furniture Rentals: New York Vintage.com
Location: The HighLine Park NYC
Umbrella: This n’That Antique Store
Hat Box: New York Vintage
Shoes: Jessica Simpson

Comments

1. 0. Sharmeen says:

Isn’t it bad luck to make your own wedding dress?

2. 0. Marie says:

I think this is gorgeous! Not everyone has the talent of doing so. So inspired by this amazing photos!

3. Minha amiga Ayenia que fez <3 DIY Wedding Dress http://t.co/QnVwsGIy

4. Wow guess u can DIY anything. Awesome gown RT @weddingchicks: DIY Wedding Dress http://t.co/Lxggn8bB

5. 0. Belkis says:

I absolutely looooved this shoot, so inspirational and drop dead gorgeous.

6. 0. Louise says:

wow very sexy and elegant. love the creamy tones of the photos.

7. 0. Sarah B says:

Unbelievably gorgeous!!!

8. This is beyond lovely! Seriously fabulous!

9. 0. Larisa says:

Absolutely incredibly well-executed! But I can see her panties. That would make me sooo uncomfortable in front of all my family and his!!

10. 0. Alecia says:

It’s lovely but I would’ve loved to see a liner underneath maybe just to cover her tummy & panties…the picture is stunning where you can see her legs…it’s a beautiful dress, really!

11. DIY-ing Always http://t.co/q7LmyOo0

12. 0. Nicole G says:

Its lovely and chic but… I’m not a fan of the shearness of it. Showing panties isn’t for everyone though.

13. 0. Olivia says:

This inspirational shoot is amazing, who doesn’t love NYC?, the dress is wow and those photos are really WOW

14. 0. alexis says:

Lovely dress but needs a layer under it since it’s so “see thru!” Only other option is to go commando but whew, in front of everyone would be weird! lol

15. 0. michelle says:

maybe for those who are superstitious!
    She’s got some kahuna’s on her – that is one gorgeous dress! Beautifully made and she obviously rocks it.
    I’ll be leaving the undie-showing for more of a private viewing though.

16. 0. ashley says:

great for a shoot, but did she walk down the aisle in that? it’s beautiful, but strikes me more as lingerie than a wedding gown.

17. 0. Ada mazar says:

The fabric is nice but its lack of good taste for a wedding, this is more for cabaret!

18. 0. Claudia says:

Looooovvvveeeee this dress!!! If I could have bought this I would have!!! Yes, it is very sexy, but it’s stunning. I have never seen anything like it!! Hot dress, hot bride!! She totally ROCKED it❤

19. 0. Tonya says:

I love this dress! Did she alter it off of a pattern? Anybody seen anything like it in the pattern world so I can have just as beautiful of a wedding dress? Imitation is the highest form of a complement and I would love to try my hand at making something similar!

20. 0. cheryl says:

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. 0. Jannette says:

Hi there!!

I really,really, really love this dress. Could you please tell me where i found it!!! please!!!!!! :)

Thank you!!! :)

22. In that case, exercises and dieting quiz can’t be that helpful for you. A rule of thumb predicts twice as much weight loss after a year, according to Phys Org.

23. 0. Sunshine says:

Ok, this dress is gorgeous, seriously, beautifully done. However, you too dear Emma B. have an amazing body and stunning face, so I feel that you would look stunning in a burlap sack, and I don’t think I can pull this off. Regardless, lovely work lady, and congrats on your nuptials!

24. A person essentially help to make critically posts I would state.
    This is the very first time I frequented your website page and to this point?
    I surprised with the research you made to create this particular post
    extraordinary. Great process!

25. 0. Marcella says:

Love this dress! I will be making my daughters dress this year. Is there a pattern for this dress.

1. [...] DIY Wedding Dress – 1 freebie(s)? [...]

2. […] http://www.weddingchicks.com,  www.laurenconrad.com,  www.coxandcox.co.uk,  www.beautifulcakepictures.com,  www.living.msn.com,  www.etsy.com,  www.etsy.com,  www.cichic.com,  www.thisisglamorous.com,  www.etsy.com […]