All DIY Projects

Happy New Year Sign

Do you have your New Years Eve outfit yet? Possibly a short sparkly number with some to-die-for patent leather pumps. Well, whatever New Years Eve outfit you choose, it’s sure to look utterly perfect in front of our Happy New Year Sign. Amy crafted this beauty for all of you to enjoy.

Hopefully you are done with your shopping and can spend the weekend crafting your very own New Year DIY. Perfect for a photo back drop or just something pretty to hang in your house. Yes, it can also double as the pretty alter backdrop in the wedding world as well. How cute would it be with escort cards attached with mini clothes pins? Ugg, so cute!

Here is what you are going to need, this project takes a little bit of time so be prepared.

Approximately 120 yards of ribbon
Needle and Thread
4ft wooden dowel

Step One: Cut ribbon in to four foot strips.

Step Two: Fold ribbon around dowel and sew to secure. Hang it on the wall

Step Three : Secure vertical ribbon on the wall with tape or a thumbtack. Secure horizontal ribbon with a thumbtack and weave across. Secure to the other side.

Step Four: Continue weaving until you reach the end. Be sure to tighten the weave as you go for best results. When you have gotten to the bottom, leave about 6-8 inches hanging free. With a needle and thread run a stitch on the vertical end pieces to hold all ribbons in place. Trim the bottom hanging prices in different directions to create a festive look

Step Five: How To Make The Happy New Year Sign thanks to Paper and Thread Studio
Glitter paper
Sequin Ribbon
Mini Clothes Pins
Spray Adhesive
Loose Glitter

Cut out desired letters and set aside
Line up clothes pins and apply spray adhesive
Sprinkle glitter over all clothespins and let dry
Hang sequin ribbon across your backdrop and attach letters with glitter clothespins

If you are diy lover, be sure to see all of our diy projects by clicking here. We are confident you will find something you love. Stay tuned we have an easier Happy New Year backdrop do-it-yourself project along with how to make those cute party hats that look utterly adorable on Genny and Davina. Thanks again to Lori of Paper and Thread Studio for helping us with some sewing and creating our sign.

Categories: All DIY Projects, DIY Seasonal Projects

1. We had some MAJOR crafting at my house this past weekend! Please tell us what you think!

2. “@weddingchicks: We had some MAJOR crafting at my house this past weekend! Please tell us what you think!” Love it!!!

3. I was channeling my inner @jesihaack for this one!

4. also a HUGE thank you to @paperandthread for helping us with the sign and sewing!

5. Sooooooo cute! RT @weddingchicks: We had some MAJOR crafting at my house this weekend! Please tell us what you think!

6. This makes me so happy for the new year!!! Happy New Year Sign via @WeddingChicks

7. I got my DIY on just for you! Please share your feedback on this slightly advanced New Year’s Eve Photo Backdrop!

8. LOVE this DIY backdrop tutorial on the @weddingchicks! Great for holiday parties, but also for kids’ parties & showers

9. -100. Danhov (@Danhov) says:

We adore this shimmering NYE backdrop that could easily double as a lovely wedding alter backdrop.

10. Make a snazzy sign for New Years Eve with @weddingchicks!

11. -100. rebecca says:

WOW! Looks AMAZING! I have that ribbon at home…but it looks like I might need A LOT MORE!:)

12. -100. weddingchicks says:

Thanks Rebecca! It was SO fun to make! We are so happy you like it!

13. so so cool!

14. Tres Adorable! Sparkle On!

15. -100. Lori says:

LOVE it and the girls look adorable in front of it. So glad I could help a little, but you did all of the hard work.

16. -100. Addie says:

Oh my goodness, this is just perfect… love it, thank you, thank you, thank you!

17. -100. @silkribbon says:

A possible happy New Year sign project? The color coordination and shimmery shine is hard to go unnoticed!…

18. Wanna make this Happy New Year Sign?

19. -100. @NaturallyChic says:

Super Cute!! RT@weddingchicks Wanna make this Happy New Year Sign?…

20. -100. Naija Gist says:

Remarkable issues here. I’m very glad to see your post. Thanks so much and I’m looking ahead to contact you. Will you please drop me a mail?

21. -100. new year wallpapers says:

Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iphone and
    tested to see if it can survive a 40 foot drop, just so she
    can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now broken and she has 83 views.
    I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it with someone!

22. -100. Charis says:

I have been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or blog posts
    on this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this
    website. Studying this info So i’m happy to
    express that I’ve an incredibly good uncanny feeling
    I discovered exactly what I needed. I so much undoubtedly will make
    certain to do not disregard this site and give it a glance on a continuing basis.

23. I savour, result in I discovered just what I used to be having a look for.
    You’ve ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day.

24. -100. Isabel Marant Online says:

Isabel Marant Online where can i buy isabel marant shoes SEVFh 20x25x5 MERV 8 filtro
    di ricambio Bryant (2 pezzi) (21×70) unità di Justin Bieber Life Size Standup
    Poster22 IPad 3 Accessori Bundle / 360? Custodia in pelle marrone / nero
    TPU / Clear Custodia in silicone / Headset / 4 nero e argento stilo!
    / Caricabatterie per Ipad 3 ECO FUSED? Panno in microfibra
    inclusa, e molto altro ancora! Compatibile anche con iPad 2 (Brown) (22×72) La dimensione Vampire
    Diaries Stefan Salvatore Paul Wesley Vita Standup Poster24 prelit Champagne Ashley Abete Ghirlanda Ghirlanda di
    Natale sereno Lights25 tedesco Notgeld BanknotesUncirculated impostato da 13.825
    1920’sAZ Compatibility Pack Canon CLI IGP 226.225 il 5 maggio
    Piccolo Nero Ciano Magenta Giallo 5 5 5 Big Black per l’uso
    con Canon PIXMA iP4820 PIXMA iP4920 PIXMA iX6520 PIXMA MG5120 PIXMA MG5220
    Cartucce per stampanti a getto d’inchiostro. Isabel Marant
    Sneakers Style isabel marant boots barneys kPAyo I doni sono venuti per gentile concessione di Blue Santa
    programma di Dipartimento di Polizia di Port Arthur. Quest’anno
    è stato Arthur Camera Porto di Commercio e lo studio legale di McPherson, Hughes, Bradley, Wimberley, Steele, Chatelain,
    LLP, ha sollevato un totale di $ 27.000. polyvore isabel marant sneakers buy Isabel Marant
    Gold Bird Metallic Leather Wedge Sneakers Shoes muTCC 1
    novembre: merda Santo, tanti ciclisti! Il locale Habitat
    for Humanity ha tenuto la sua corsa in bicicletta il giorno dopo Halloween, un giorno ho incautamente scelto di attenersi a partecipare a due partiti.

Questo è fondamentalmente ciò che ho visto subito dopo
    sono arrivato, e non posso negare di pensare a questa pagina..
    Isabel Marant Boots Online isabel marant sneakers for women gVUVa Cosa più prove cosa
    ha bisogno? Il divieto della Food Drug Administration su efedra,
    che per il 12 aprile, dopo 16.000 segnalazioni di eventi avversi e il governo ha commissionato lo studio che
    collegava la stimolazione adrenalina per infarto,
    ictus e morte. Per anni i produttori della pillola hanno sostenuto i loro prodotti erano completamente sicuro se usato correttamente.
    where can i buy isabel marant shoes Sneakers By Isabel Marant yqufC La nostra unica soluzione era quella di dormire in Camaro.

Dopo aver scoperto i sedili non riposano, abbiamo speso circa 20 minuti cercando di trovare la migliore posizione di riposo.

deals isabel marant sneakers Compenses bird dore Isabel Marant Sneakers Shopstyle iqBzp Il polipropilene è usato in molti
    prodotti di uso quotidiano, da alta resistenza di
    cemento e sacchi di fertilizzanti fibre dure, come film e contenitori.
    HDPE è un polimero ad alta resistenza, utilizzato principalmente per la preparazione
    di bottiglie, sedie, tazze, compositi di plastica di
    legno, i canali di comunicazione. Isabel Marant Sneakers Shopstyle look alikes isabel
    marant sneakers online shop bpNRw Pearl Jam a poco a poco ha perso molto del suo pubblico attraverso opere sia oscura (il loro secondo ultimo
    CD, The Guitar Riff non ha completato neanche lontanamente Il Vocal,
    un giorno può definire un nuovo genere hard rock che il mondo è attualmente impreparato a consumare in grandi quantità) e
    palese ad hominem e politicamente (followup: Hey man,
    George W. Bush, un uomo molto, molto male, l’uomo,
    e qui ci sono un paio di decenni fa Citando Abbiamo pigramente preso in prestito da
    Ann Richards per dimostrarlo, l’uomo!).. rebate Isabel Marant Wedge
    Sneakers Silver Bird Metallic Leather Shoes Polyvore Isabel
    Marant Sneakers mRtOJ Quando ho chiesto maggiori spiegazioni sarebbe stato
    rubato come l’acqua e come mi ha detto che
    Avsjen Tapperiet Up passaggio essere forato in Mission Springs
    falda acquifera! Fare una cosa del genere sarebbe Tapperiet m trapano un bene che va lateralmente per circa 10
    chilometri e passa attraverso un negozio di filiale a San Andreas Mission Springs falda acquifera.
    Sun Hkan essere persone libere e pannelli solari paese proprio lì.

25. -100. Cynthia says:

Hi are using WordPress for your blog platform? I’m new to the blog world
    but I’m trying to get started and create my own.
    Do you need any html coding knowledge to make your own blog?
    Any help would be really appreciated!

26. -100. Jess says:

hey there and thank you for your information – I’ve certainly picked up anything new from right here.
    I did however expertise several technical points using this site, since
    I experienced to reload the web site many times previous to I
    could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web
    host is OK? Not that I am complaining, but
    sluggish loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google
    and can damage your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords.
    Well I am adding this RSS to my email and could look out for a lot more of
    your respective exciting content. Ensure that you update this again soon.

27. -100. move to hawaii cheap says:

This web site really has all of the info I wanted concerning this subject and didn’t
    know who to ask.

28. -100. plenty of fish says:

You will have a lot of fun going through the website that will show you the positive side of online dating.

You need a sturdy latch to avoid spilling your contents into the water.
    If you post provocative or almost nude photos of yourself then in your profile
    you say that you want a “God Fearing” man who respects you, guest who you
    are more likely to attract.

29. -100. Pamela says:

I’m a sucker for a good sci- fi / aciotn movie. I’m rather forgiving in just how much I will overlook in the name of quality entertainment.First, the Good: Some of the acting (Cillian Murphy, Justin Timberlake and a few others) are respectably solid. Also, the overall concept is very intriguing the world currency is time, and when a person turns 25 their life clock actually begins. From the time you are 25, life’s objective is to keep your life clock from expiring. If it expires, you die. Not a problem for the rich, who have more time than they know what to do with: a wealthy person may have centuries to live, while the poor continuously struggle for more time. It’s a very interesting premise that becomes more interesting when a poor worker (Justin Timberlake) saves a wealthy man from a time stealing mob boss while flaunting his wealth in the ghetto. in return, he gives Justine Timberlake all of his time (over 100 years). In a short but very philosophical discussion the wealthy man, who has mentally lived too long, says We are meant to die. So begins a science fiction tale that promises to serve up plenty of symbolism, philosophical overtones about economy and the meaning of existence. Could it possibly be the rare sci fi / aciotn film panned by critics but destined to become a cult classic somewhere down the road?Hell no.Unfortunately, that’s about as good as the film gets.Actually, the movie starts to go down hill and remains spiraling out of control with the entrance of Amanda Seyfried. Sadly, the story abandons all of its earlier adult-oriented promise to become a vapid love story seemingly aimed at pre-teens. Amanda Seyfried is a very pretty girl, but her acting abilities are horrific. I was not impressed with her in Red Riding Hood and even less impressed here. Not only can’t she act, but her acting is so horrible that my wife and I kept laughing at scenes that were meant to be serious. She serves well as eye candy, but the girl really needs to invest in some acting lessons. She’s laughably terrible.Just an example of her horrible acting: she plays a wealthy girl who is kidnapped by Justin Timberlake and taken to the ghetto. They are both rendered unconscious and robbed of nearly all their time. Now they have to stay on the move and struggle to stay alive without running out of time. Never once does she seem very concerned that she is mere minutes from certain death. She acts incredibly hum-drum for a rich girl who always had an over-abundance of time and now literally has almost none.The third act gets even worse when the two lovers turn into Robin Hood-esque characters, stealing from the wealthy and giving to the poor. The movie becomes so trite that anything once redeeming is no longer a part of the equation.Also, the ghetto’ was way too tame: in a world where time can be exchanged simply by grabbing someones arm, think how chaotic, dismal and brutal the ghetto would really be with people killing eachother just to survuve a few more minutes. While this is slightly implied, it is never shown. The movie becomes its own worst enemy by completely santizing what it’s attempting to condemn in the first place.All in all, this movie is so incredibly disappointing because it started with so much promise and then took all that promise and wasted it. Some the actors were solid- I’ve always been impressed with Cillian Murphy and I must admit that Timberlake easily holds his own as well. With a tighter script and direction, this could have been so much better than it actually was.

1. […] {Ribbons} This glitter ribbon backdrop DIY on Wedding Chicks is simple and amazing! […]

2. […] kind of obsessed with this backdrop and that is all. Check out the tutorial here. […]

3. […]  Happy New Year Sign Share this: Pin ItShare on TumblrPrintEmailGostar disto:GostoBe the first to like this. Posted in Desing & Decoração, DIY […]