Plum Pretty Sugar

Preppy Pink And Navy Wedding

Our next couple had been together eight years before their wedding. They didn’t want their wedding to feel like their parents party, but they also did not want the wedding to feel like a beginning… like they were starting their lives together. Instead, they wanted their guests to feel as though the entire weekend was a celebration of a bond that they had grown and nurtured over the past eight years and would continue to grow and nurture. Read on to hear some pretty fabulous tips from the bride.

Enjoy more Preppy Pink And Navy Wedding from one of our absoulte favorite Midwest Weddding Photographer Emily Emily Steffen Photography.

Read this is is pretty awesome:

On August 20, 2010, one year before our wedding, I was looking at one of the blogs I follow and I saw a wedding where the bride and groom wrote their vows together. At their ceremony the bride said one line of their vows and the groom said the next and they went back and forth until the vows were over. And when the vows were over they asked each other if they vowed to be the others husband and wife. I had never met these people but I was crying in my office at work after hearing their vows. It was so moving. I went home, showed Scott and he instantly agreed. We wrote our vows that same night . . . a year before our wedding. Our entire wedding weekend was every thing we could have hoped for–the Twin Cities had absolutely perfect weather, everyone was smiling and laughing, and we felt so incredibly loved.

From The Bride on her inspiration and diy projects.

With wedding blogs for inspiration, I set out to make our one of a kind wedding. I have always been the type of person that refuses to pay someone to do something I can do myself, so a few months before the wedding I made the cornhole boards, thank you place cards, moss letters, lavender hand soaps, and welcome bags. When my Maid of Honor arrived from LA the week of the wedding, we made the bouquets, centerpieces, and table card windows. However, none of the details would have been pulled off without our week of coordinator, Lora from At Your Service Weddings. I loved being a do-it-yourself Bride, but I loved even more that on the day of my wedding I could just enjoy every moment and not worry about a thing.

When the time came to plan our wedding, we knew we wanted it to be timeless and classic, but not traditional, with a dash of good old Southern Hospitality all the way up in Minnesota. Eighty percent of our guest list was flying in for the wedding and we did not want them to worry about a thing. We rented a charter bus to take them to and from the wedding, and when they arrived at the boat club they were immediately handed either a Mint Julep or a John Daly and an Hors d’oeuvre as they waited for the ceremony.

We love the idea of keeping the Mason jar as a wedding favor. Not only do they get to use it at the wedding, but every time guests use it they will remember your special day.

Emily Steffen is one of our exclusive Hand-Picked VendorsHand-Picked Vendors are at the top of their game and provide excellent services! These vendors were chosen because of their commitment to excellence, stylish and fresh ideas, and their overall fresh approach to weddings. To learn more about how our Hand-Picked Vendors are chosen please click here.

View Entire Gallery
Photographer: Emily Steffen Photography
Venue: MN Boat Club
Makeup: Sara Feldman
Hair: Sara Feldman
Cake: Wouletts Bakery
Coordinator: At your Service Weddings
Dress Designer: Melissa Sweet
Flowers: The Bride and Maid of honor
Groom’s Attire: Brooks Brothers

Comments

1. Preppy Pink And Navy Wedding by one of our FAVORITE Hand Picked Photographers @emilysteffen http://t.co/WzUmU1MS

2. 0. @amynixonevents says:

I’m in love with these wedding details! ♥ Preppy Pink And Navy Wedding http://t.co/rb6ODFNZ via @WeddingChicks

3. I love that the bride and I are having a conversation via @pinterest! Preppy Pink And Navy Wedding http://t.co/WzUmU1MS

4. 0. @emilysteffen says:

Love! Yay! RT:@weddingchicks: Preppy Pink & Navy Wedding by one of our FAVORITE Hand Picked Photographers @emilysteffen http://t.co/MbuaP7Jw

5. 0. @Sjacobs426 says:

So awesome!!! RT @kryslenz: the wedding chicks liked my wedding :) http://t.co/S2xCfUbC

6. 0. @TheCraftyCrow says:

Preppy Pink And Navy Wedding http://t.co/6KTQuttL via @WeddingChicks

7. Love this Preppy Wedding by @emilysteffen so pretty and emily has BIG news today! Come over and leave some love. (: http://t.co/WzUmU1MS

8. 0. @blueoceanevent1 says:

“@weddingchicks: Love this Preppy Wedding by @emilysteffen so pretty (: http://t.co/s37lMS3s” I am obsessed with the window seating chart!

9. 0. Devora says:

Next to bridal jewelry I am a total sucker for wedding flowers and the flowers are just totally to die for! I ♥♥ them!

10. 0. weddingchicks says:

Love everything about this wedding! Emily did an outstanding job and the couple is beautiful! The venue was awesome and the styling is divine! Also, a HUGE congratulations to Emily .. you’ll have to visit her blog to see why! (:

11. 0. @AshleyWeddings says:

Love this ‘Fresh Navy’ and ‘amazing florals’ wedding posted by @weddingchicks today! http://t.co/tYSNW00B

12. 0. christina diane says:

be-YOU-T-FULL wedding miss emily! and congrats on the BIG news for you and your honey. xoxoxoxox

13. Stunning wedding with beautiful details. Emily always does a fabulous job photographing, and she captured these two beautifully!

14. 0. Emily Steffen says:

LOOOVE this feature! Thanks for the love ladies! :)

15. Great idea for #wedding favors; monogrammed mugs! – http://t.co/117xOong

16. 0. krys says:

Emily is AMAZING!! We felt so lucky to have her as our photographer, and would highly recommend her to anyone needing a photographer anywhere! (She travels, check out the wedding she did in Hawaii.) My biggest worry was having a photographer that wouldn’t make Scott feel relaxed, and Emily was able to accomplish that and more. By the end of the day, it felt like we had known Emily forever and she was just another member of our wedding party. Thank you so much, Emily! We’ll cherish these pictures forever.

Also, thank you wedding chicks for featuring our wedding. I hope future brides enjoy the images and find even more inspiration!

17. LOVE the colors–they did an amazing job incorporating navy and pink into everything. Really beautiful!

18. 0. Emily says:

I LOVE this wedding! I remember reading the same blog post about the couple writing their vows together. Such a sweet idea!

I am loving the cornhole board idea, I’m also hoping that will be one of my DIY projects as well.

19. 0. Ann Taylor says:

This has to be my favorite wedding of the year. Hats off to all the DIY brides – this wedding has to be a great inspiration!

20. 0. Heather Hoesch : LVL Weddings & Events says:

I absolutely love every detail! Such a cute wedding :)

21. 0. Paul says:

A vinatge Jeep Grand Wagoneer would make be the ultimate wedding car for a preppy wedding or engagement shoot. Check the follow site for pictures and information – http://www.1991jeepgrandwagoneer.com

22. 0. @goingongoals says:

I found another almost my wedding http://t.co/E6fcc8UW

23. 0. Whitney Little says:

I love your custom mason jars!!! Do you mind telling me where you were able to order them for your (spectacular) wedding?? Thank you!!

Whitney

24. 0. Krys says:

Hey Whitney, thanks for the compliment! We ordered the mugs from discountmugs.com.

25. 0. Gabrielle says:

This wedding is beautiful. I love how classic everything looks! I especially love your table centerpieces! Do you mind telling me where you found your lanterns? Thanks so much & hope you had a wonderful holiday! :)

26. Love the Preppy Pink And Navy Wedding http://t.co/XhyjERZo via @WeddingChicks

27. 0. Sarah j says:

Love the small touches of this wedding and LOVE the brides shoes! Who makes them?

28. 0. bride says:

Hi! Thanks so much for the sweet compliments! The lanterns were from pottery barn and the shoes are from Nina Shoes.

29. 0. katherine says:

where did you get your shoes! love them

30. 0. Di says:

Love, love, love your wedding and all those beautiful extras you had at your reception. I really love those beautiful thank you cards you had. Did you come up with that poem and make those yourselves?

31. 0. Krys says:

@Di – Thank you for the compliments! I did not come up with the poem. I actually saw it on one of the many wedding blogs I followed while I was engaged. However, I did make them myself. Thanks again!

32. 0. Rachael Harris says:

I love your wedding!! So elegant and classy! Where did you order the bridesmaid dresses?

33. 0. cari says:

Where did you find the pashminas? Lovely.

34. 0. Haley says:

Where did you get the labels for the mason jar favors? I love the idea!

35. 0. Kiah says:

Beautiful wedding. i’m dying to know where the bridesmaid dresses are from?

36. 0. Kait says:

@Krys Please bride let us know where these bridesmaid dresses our from. I can’t find anything like them and would love to know where you got them… Thanks!

37. 0. Krys says:

The bridesmaids dresses were 2010 JCrew.

38. 0. Jordan says:

What is the recipe for your bouquet?! I am in love!

39. 0. Jordan says:

What is the recipe for your bouquet?! I am in love!

40. 0. Beth says:

Hi Krys,
    Your wedding was gorgeous! I am also planning to have cornhole – my fiance is thrilled! Could you tell me how you did your thank you place cards? Do you have a template? Did you print it yourself or take it somewhere? What cardstock/paper did you use? I’ve searched all over from printing places and can’t find anything like it – though I’d love to do it myself! Thanks!

41. 0. Katie says:

@krys I would also love to know the “recipe” for your flowers! Your wedding looked PERFECT! :)

42. Avoid conditioners with sulfates and keep one protein based conditioner at hand whenever
    you experience excessive shedding, breakage and lost
    moisture. Prepare a paste of gram (Cicer arietinum) flour in raw milk.
    This will cause the hair to stretch and finally break.

43. Plumbing is complicated as it deals with things that common people are not familiar with.

The basic for a sole inspector is two to three several hours for the average song family home.
    Ok you might not need them for an crisis at this point but in the
    future you could Basically you need someone who is dependable,
    competent, skilled, and certified who has experience in all aspects
    of plumbing or any other task he is called for. The professional plumbers identify the root of the problem and address it.
    As about the individual experience of those who work with the company.

A sump pump is comprised of several important parts.
    Homes that are older than twenty-five years usually have plumbing problems, with one of the greatest risks being the presence
    of lead. t make compromises when it comes to air conditioners
    or plumbing systems, make sure that the firm that you hire is well
    equipped with skilled employees. In all the rooms of
    your home, from the bathroom, to the kitchen, and even the laundry room you will have to manage water or piping problems.
    Check the following sites for samples of Spanish house plans:.

44. So whenever a person goes for a treatment he or she should be diagnosed properly before doing treatment.
    Hence, when light rays converge at a point, it
    is in front of and not on this retina, forming a blurred image at a
    near distance. Other than this, they also suggest you that whether
    you need to wear your glasses for whole day or only
    while doing certain specific work like reading, driving or
    while making any handcraft.

45. Water is your organic cleaner so you should always be effectively moisturized.
    Interestingly enough, pictures of her as a younger woman show that she’s adorable, and post
    surgery she is just beautiful. The physical and external benefits are very
    obvious.

46. Shock hair loss is generally caused by physician error when doing the treatment, so
    picking a physician who understands exactly
    what they are doing is essential. It is important to always make sure that your
    hair is well maintained by ensuring that the hair is kept clean. She did not
    seem too enthusiastic about it and claimed that she had just been to the toilet
    and did not feel like peeing any more.

1. [...] personality. Thanks Melissa Urban from Lilia Boutique for you advice. Images from top left – Wedding Chicks, Style me pretty, dust jacket attic, Wedding chicks, brides style, Marcus design inc, Bollea, lily [...]

2. [...] {Image credits, from top left: PoppyandPearlCo on Etsy, The Berry, Joyful Weddings & Events, Ruffled Blog, Modern Hepburn, Wedding Chicks} [...]

3. [...] #3 – To the Bride and Groom Update; Invite – PrimeleColumn 2: Thank you card – Wedding Chicks; Flowers & Chair – Style Me Pretty; Beverage table – Wedding ChicksColumn 3: Tulips [...]

4. [...] | The Wedding Chicks The Wedding Chicks | Revel pinterestYou might also like:Something…ModernCurrent Obsession: [...]

5. [...] | The Wedding Chicks The Wedding Chicks | Revel pinterestYou might also like:Color Board: Annapolitan BrideHappy Labor [...]

6. [...] weddingchicks.com via Made In on [...]

7. [...] window with heart {Elizabeth Messina} Row 2: ‘Today I marry my best friend’ invitation; bridesmaids with blush wraps {Emily Steffen Photography}; mint and clear vases {Laura Ashbrook Photography/Floral Occasions}; [...]

8. [...] Foto vía Wedding Chicks [...]

9. […] via WeddingChicks.com / Photo by Emily Steffen Photography / Flowers by the bride and MOH […]